Late 2022 TF Toys - Share your '22 Favs

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Best accessories pack ever; a cape, crown, a throne and a bonus ER Starscream for those who missed him.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    And towards the end of the year you could find it for $30. A goddamn steal.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Victory Macho

Victory Macho Let’s Say Oh Yeah!!!

Takara needs to give us a Masterpiece Brawn in 2023 so that I can complete this scene

Attached Files:

4. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    My favourites have got to be:

The Victory Saber set! Absolutely banging. Like a bajillion different modes. Even like the fully combined VS mode that I didn’t really like too much is amazing in hand. So hyped for Deathsaurus.

Premium Finish SS05 Optimus Prime! Maybe the best movie Optimus toy ever? Idk at least the best I’ve owned. Truly like a grail fig as I’ve always wanted a perfect movie Optimus fig and this like is that. I don’t ever need another one tbh. Maybe one that can do the Jetfire combination but really only if it is a rerelease. I’ve no urge to track one down.

Velocitron Cosmos!! Jesus is he a pretty boy with a sick transformation. Out of the current WFC+ minibots released he’s my favourite. We’ll see if next year’s Beachcomber can take the spot. I just love how round and chubby he is.

TLK Aut Rhaud. If you’d’ve told me way back when in 2017 that a TLK Hot Rod toy would’ve been one of my favourites released in its year I’d’ve wondered what went wrong lol. Amazing, sculpt, amazing paint, amazing both modes, amazing transformation. The ideal of what a Bayverse fig should be imo. And with no kibble!

Bomburst!! Amazing core class fella. The best core class and tbh would probably rival any mainline figure at that size. I love him. Very simple but clean with an amazing design. Makes me want Skullgrin.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Stunticons were my #1 want for this year. I am really impressed by how solid Menasor is in combined mode. That was my primary concern…and they nailed it.

ANOTHER new Ironhide is always welcome in my house. That character has gotten a lot of attention the past few years, much to my surprise. I like them all and SS86 is no exception.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Uberxxer

Uberxxer Give prowl his shoulder cannons!

Great work with the images i gotta say i think my favorite is the Studio Series Fallen.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If Cosmos would have been a mainline figure I had it as the best deluxe. But, as someone once said "The best ability is availability."

• Like Like x 4
  8. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Legacy Tarantulas.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Rodimus Maximus

Rodimus Maximus Liege Ultimo

Ohhh man, am I ever jealous of Movie fans with that Deluxe Tf5 Hot Rod!! What I wouldn't give to see a G1 Legacy figure with a Car mode THAT dope!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This guy right here.
    IMG-20221215-WA0005.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  11. vice cobalt

vice cobalt Well-Known Member

I have all the stunticons. I’ll compare them with my g1 ones. Hot rods's design is much better than his 2017 deluxe!

• Like Like x 1
  12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    My top contenders, in no particular order:

Velocitron Override: An absolutely perfect update to a character. Aside form some bits of deco this has become the toy I point to when I'm asked "what would you want from an update?"

Titan Metroplex: Ditto Override. Wish he had Drillbit, but damn if he isn't amazing.

Haslab Victory Saber: Such a fun toy I never thought would exist. Gorgeous update.

Legacy Tarantulas: Really faithful and a quite brilliant transformation scheme. Only wish the paint deco was better and that the spider legs could rotate around to hide the hollow undersides and better replicate the show.

SS TLK Hot rod: I may hate this take on the character but damn if this toy isn't an amazing rendition. Feels like he time traveled from 2011.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Haslab Victory Saber was 1 of the best TF sets I bought from this year. It’s a lot of fun and it seems like Hasbro and Takara finally let Yuki go all out on the Victory Saber set he’s always wanted to make.

MPM Blackout is fun and a standout of the MPM line, a step in a direction that I hope continues since it has an intuitive transformation.

Motormaster is something I’m glad Haskaromy revisited with a new figure that is like night and day compared to the Combiner Wars version.

Laser Prime has some design aspects which compromised articulation but it still managed to surprise me in hand due to its playability(I combine the trailer as a huge backpack gun or just as a huge gun to wield).

• Like Like x 3
  14. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    I didn't buy much this year, but I would have to say MPG Shouki. Really impressive in both modes.

15. Chadderbug

Chadderbug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I have yet to get my Motormaster (probably getting it for Christmas) but he definitely looks like a contender. As for what I have, easily Override. Hot damn is she an upgrade from the steroid proportions of the original. Sure, she's still got long legs, but damn. Poses good, looks great on the shelf, and transformation is great too.

16. Soundwavedragon

Soundwavedragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This year egacy, Nightprowler, Iguanus, Junkyard and Road Rocket are all excellent! 

17. ThePrime84

ThePrime84 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't get much this year. My favorite would have to be Legacy Galvatron, even if he's technically not new. I expect this upcoming Christmas is going to change my answer substantially though lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Zodiac1968340

Zodiac1968340 Beast Wars fan

News Credits:
    My friend borrowed my ss Galvatron, or I will put it in the pic.
    1216-8.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  19. MirageROTB

MirageROTB Banned

Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    This year I was able to get a decent number of TFs:

- The first TF that I purchased in 2022 was AOE Hot Shot. A very fun figure he was.

- Then the next purchases were Paleotrex and Dragstrip (I bought them together).

- Using my Eid money I was able to purchase Legacy Bulkhead, Blaster and SS BB Ratchet.

- Got enough cash to purchase SS86 Blurr and "Authentics" Barricade (I needed a Barricade lol).

- I got SS Sideways on my birthday.

- I picked up a loose SS Dino and SS ROTF Sideswipe.

- I was able to buy Legacy Jhiaxus. This is indeed my last TF purchase of 2022.

Well I am certainly grateful for all of these toys, they are enjoyable. I will say my favourites out of these purchases I made are SS Sideways and Kingdom Paleotrex.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Shaun handley

Shaun handley New Member

After I pick up crankcase, skullgrin, armada starscream and point blank at the wkend I\'ll have all of the main releases except for the package refresh releases as I already have them, I also got seige Snapdragon, earthrise apeface, origins bumblebee, Jurassic park, X-Men, back to the future and Ghostbusters ecto-tron crossover\'s and just before getting legacy metroplex I was able to get a black Zarak in the wild.

It\'s been a good year collecting for me 2p22 has and I can\'t wait for evofusion