last video game beaten and your rating out of 10.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by bignick1693, May 26, 2010.

1. Kujo1597

Kujo1597 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spyro the Dragon: 9/10

I had a ton of fun with this game with one exception, Treetops. That level was kind of bullshit. Yeah, it's easy when you know what to do but figuring out what to do is so backwards. But other than that blemish I did really enjoy myself. I remember not being a huge fan of this game but going to back to it after a decade has made me really appreciate it more. I actually really like the dragons and it's nice to not have to do ridiculous minigames and hearing "Trouble with the trolley, eh?" over and over. :lol 

This, by the way was my first time ever finishing this game. I never made it past Beast Makers as a kid. Dream Weavers was really awesome! The levels were so cool and creative. I really like Haunted Towers. That's another backwards logic jump but I didn't mind it so much this time since I was decently close to figuring it out on my own.

2. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Dead Space

10/10 for that damn jump scare at the end :lol 

3. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

Finally got back to my Wind Waker HD game. I haven't played through this game for a while and it looked absolutely gorgeous in HD. A few little tweaks here and there for the Wii U version but it held up really well over the years. Just wish there were a few more dungeons and a little more difficulty overall as I found it a little easy, but you can't help wanting to sail to every little island you see on the horizon. WW easily and unapologetically puts exploration over dungeon crawling. Got every chart and heart piece (except for the one where you have to hit your trainer on Outset Island 500 times; that's just tedious).

8/10 for defying everyone's reactions to the cel-shading way back when.

4. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

i love the cel-shaded look of WW. it has its charm. and the ghost ship still spooks me.

played through Sonic the Hedgehog on gamegear. failed to get all the emeralds. :/

5. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    MGS 3: Snake eater: 10/10. Yo.

6. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

The ghost ship actually pissed me off. It has a huge legend built up around it, the fish telling you no less than half a dozen times about the ship itself. And when you actually do see it, it's a pretty creepy sight, in the water surrounded by fire and having it disappear when you get close. And then when you finally get the chart to go aboard, it's just as simple as one of the submarines with easy enemies. It should've been a whole dungeon itself, maybe similar to the underground ship graveyards you find.

7. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Dead Space: Good
    Dead Space 2: Better
    Dead Space 3: Eh

8. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2015. A bit of a disappointment in this year's installment, while the freedom to create any deck you want is very good, the lack of a revenge campaign and puzzles that were in previous versions really hurt the longevity of the game in general. 4.5/10

9. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of destruction 8/10- Got it for $9 at TRU. Worth every penny.

10. Kujo1597

Kujo1597 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spyro: Year of the Dragon: 7.5/10
    I didn't enjoy it as much as the first game. I found the majority of it too easy and the auto difficulty tuning was annoying. I only died five times against the boss and it nerfed the boss. I tried entering the code to make the battle harder but it didn't do anything!

I also despise the skateboarding stuff which is needed for getting everything. I'm actually not bothering with the Skill Points because of the skateboarding. I also cheated on the yeti race because I don't have the patience for it.

But it wasn't all bad. I did enjoy myself, I guess. I had five hours play sessions without realizing it so I must've liked it. :lol  I do like the characters except for Agent 9, Bentley's great even thought he gave us Yeti Boxing which has weird controls when you're used to SoulCalibur. And I did like the worlds, especially Icy Peak.

Too bad the Sorceress fights were so easy and anti-climactic. :/ I much prefer the Ripto boss fight and even the Gnasty Gnork level. Although the PSN version has a glitch which causes the Midnight Lake music to play during the Sorceress battle which probably helped make it so anti-climactic. I really don't like it when I finish a game and my first thought is, "oh good, it's over. Now I can play something else."

Man, it sounds like I hated Spyro 3. I really didn't, it just had issues in my opinion.

EDIT: Oh wait, so the PSN isn't glitched? I just looked up the proper final boss music and apparently it's only on the Greatest Hits and PAL versions which the NA PSN version isn't. Wow, what a bad music decision on the developer's part.

11. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

10/10. I'm a bit biased since one of my all time favorite games is LTTP, but this game was fucking awesome.

12. Sky Ray

Sky Ray Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One Piece Romance Dawn - 5/10

Playing One Piece Romance Dawn was one of my major reason for buying a Nintendo 3DS XL as it has always been my dream to play a One Piece RPG game, but in the end it was disappointing.

Romance Dawn is a very ambitious game that tries to encompass the One Piece story from the very beginning of the East Blue up to the end of the Old World saga, but it takes too many shortcuts and half-assed jobs on the gameplay to fulfill its goal. Story arcs like Loguetown and Little Garden are reduced to only cut scenes, while other arcs like Skypeia and Sabaody are completely skipped over and are only mentioned in passing. Then there's the major problem with the gameplay, which only consists of you running around in seemingly endless maze-like levels looking for treasure and fighting any baddies you encounter. After awhile it becomes tiring in exploring the same bland environments and fighting the same damn generic enemies and you just want to GTFO and fight the boss instead. Some level designs are very laughable, like the background of the Marineford battlefield consists of thousands of Marines and Pirates standing around static and rocking back in forth in an effort to simulate a duel going on. :lol 
    Then there's the combat system, which I actually find intriguing and innovative and a major saving grace for Romance Dawn. Most standard RPGs' combat system has you stuck in one place and trading blows with a similarly in-place opponent. In RD you are allowed to move around in the field to use different fighting tactics; like being able to attack multiple enemies at once as long as you are positioned right for it, and if you are able to corner your opponent while attacking them, there is a high chance of slamming them against "the wall" and having them drop their rare loot for you to jack.
    Boss fights are subpar to okay at best. You can try to fight Hawkeye and Crocodile early on in the game and maybe beat them, but the boss fights gets immediately cut off because they have to follow the storyline outcome. At the near end of the game you can finally fight boss like Akainu all the way even through you will be defeated in the end, which is an improvement. While a number of boss fights are skipped over; Mr. 3, Kuma, and half of the CP9 team for example.
    There's also another aspect to the gameplay in which you collect items and try to craft them with another item to create a new item for your characters to use in combat. I have not tried that at all, but I do not see any point too it.

Overall Romance Dawn is a pretty average game that could be a lot better but restricts itself from doing more and just doing the bare minimum. Even as a One Piece fan I wouldn't recommend it to other One Piece fans to play. I will be playing One Piece Unlimited World Red soon through, hopefully it is better then Romance Dawn.

13. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The Punisher for Xbox.

Pretty good overall. Don't know why it takes points off for some of the more graphic kills but the rest is brutal. Really makes me want Thomas Jane back again.

8/10.

14. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

Fire Emblem: Awakening and Resident Evil: Revelations on the 3DS. Both get 8/10.

15. MetalRyde

Resistance: burning skies 8/10

enemy a.i. a bit slow and i've died alot because my thumbs touched the touch screen.

final boss was too easy

but it was a fun game.

16. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Arkham Origins. 7/10. I'm not sure if I wouldn't have rated this higher if I hadn't played Arkham City (10/10 for comparison). But this game doesn't really bring anything new to the table beyond a larger city. The story just sort of fizzles out about 75% of the way through with the big plot reveal occurring far too early. As a result, most of the end of the game just felt tacked on.

It was fun but if felt more like a large Arkham City DLC pack then a prequel or a sequel.

17. MetalRyde

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds 9/10

it was fun. some confusion in some of the game's dungeon. boss battles were easy. especially the final boss.

18. KARR

KARR Roving Robot

Batman for the NES (the original Tim Burton movie game). Finally! This game is difficult with very tricky jumps and a limited life bar. I've owned this game for years and played it as a kid, and I finally beat it for the first time.

I used the same method as I did for another difficult NES game, Blaster Master. I watched a YouTube video on how to get past the tricky spots.

Overall, I give this game a 10/10.

19. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning 8 out 10

great game but a few questionable choices hold it back.

No jump button and no being able to drop off a cliff or ledge any where you desire are the two biggest issues.

Being limited to just human ( two variants) and two forms of fae also hurts it, why not a gnome?

The only game series I will accept not having a jump button is Legend of Zelda.

The elder scrolls V: Skyrim is far Superior in many ways.

In the end get it if you can get it cheap. I got it for $11.99 but i would have paid as much as $15.

20. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Wolf Among Us Episode 5: 10/10

Excellent ending. As a whole this is probably my favorite game of the year so far.