Last Stand of the Wreckers Trade Paperback Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Tim Formas, Aug 31, 2010.

1. ladywreck

ladywreck comic wrecking goodness

I called 3 different comic shops and none of them had Wreckers TPB. So I will have to wait until Amazon or my online comic shop gets their copies in. =(

As for what the Nick and James are doing currently... Well, Nick has done work for Ongoing 13 so keep your eyes peeled for that issue, and James hasn't got anything officially announced yet. He said nothing is official so until it is, nothing to announce.

IDW will use these guys again. Andy Schmidt has said as much.

2. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got this Today in Forbidden Planet Dublin, i was surprized to see 6 copies on the shelf, maybe its because he is Irish and the Comic is popular here in Ireland.

Anyway i will read it later and report back on how i like it.

3. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tried to get one earlier today in Sheffield but both Forbidden planet and Space station sold out.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

What were you doing in my town. *shakes fist*

5. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just Finished this . My first time reading Wreckers and i loved it Bullets was just as good considering it was just text. Loved the great mix of humor and Violence, All the characters were great Pyro and Guzzle are my favorites."Sentience is the guarantor of Autonomy" is a great line. Definitely the best TF Comic i have read. I look forward to the next TF comic Nick and James work on.

6. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey, it's not just your town :lol  went to a mate's birthday there as thats where he's living, thought you might have been one of the peeps who beat me to Wreckers actually.

Besides, it beats Lincoln in just about everything that interests me.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  7. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    PIcked mine up today - I really like the extras that have been put in (bios, and the easter eggs list for each issue).

8. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

I dont go in to the comic stores here. FP is rubbish and Space Center is in an awful part of town :lol 

9. SharkyMcShark

News Credits:
    Have we speculated out of the three that were originally slated to die, who pulled the plug on each idea?

10. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

HERE HERE! (I'm looking at YOU Star Trek Captain's Log series :sly2: )

Seriously you get a chance to write some of the most under-developed Captains in Starfleet and instead of making them great you have them living in the shadows of Kirk IN THEIR OWN BOOK? Weak.

Hmm, Hasbro nixed Perceptor. IDW nixed Verity. Chickened out on Guzzle and Impactor? (BTW this is a WAG, and is not intended as a spoiler. If I got it right the first time DAMN I'm GOOD! but really it was only a guess.)

11. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    If I had to guess, Springer was the one who was supposed to die. He had reconciled with Impactor, and was only revealed to have survived Overlord's attack in the last few pages with a quick "Oh, he's still alive" blurb and a picture of him laying on a table.

12. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    bought it last night at the BAM read it minus the bullets and was confused at first wiht all the flashbacks but the ending was pretty epic sad to see some of those characters go, but hey if ironhide can survive anyone can right (i miss rotorstorm)

13. mikeyfuzz

mikeyfuzz Newly converted GIJoe fan

Ebay:
    I just finished reading "Bullet," having already read the single issues, and that was spectacular. This is the kind of story telling we need in the ongoing.

14. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I read that, I speculated:

-Hasbro nixed Perceptor. I believe that he is the most generally popular of the three characters listed, with the most recognizable "schtick." Plus, he's confirmed for a Generations toy.

-IDW nixed Kup. He's a cigar-munching PTSD-ridden hardass. The comics write themselves.

-They chickened out on Springer...because as we observed, they came pretty close. Also, the only role Springer's had in G1 fiction since 1987 or so is leading the Wreckers, and it's the "Last Stand of the Wreckers."

So yeah. I don't buy comics, I buy trades. I bought this trade. It's brilliant in brilliant sauce.

15. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got mine in from Amazon a few days ago, man I LOVE Bullets, and Fisitron's facts was fun as well. The only thing that's slightly dissapointing is no cover gallery, but I guess those pages went to all the extra content which is more than a fair trade off. I do agree that this should be the set bar for storytelling in TF comics.

16. SharkyMcShark

News Credits:
    Yeah I was thinking along the same lines as you mate.

Kup reminds me more and more of Bill from Left 4 Dead...

17. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

This was such a great book. I read the first issue in single issue format, but I decided to wait it out for the trade. It reminded me so much of the old U.K. books, which I know they were fans of. I loved seeing guys like pyro and Ironfist get a little spotlight. Hopefully, there will be a follow up story in some format for the Wreckers in the next year.

18. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

Loved it, but am super-pissed about 2 of the deaths. Won't post spoilers, but yeah, SUPER-pissed.

19. shunquan

shunquan ACID STORMER

News Credits:
    Some questions, so where did Prowl put Overlord in? If the wreckers went str to earth from Garrus-9, could Overlord be in some containment unit on earth?

Also, wheres Scorponok in all this? I would think he's part of Shockwave's crew alongside with grimlock

20. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Finished reading it the other day. Really a fantastic read. Enjoyed the hell out of all the extras as well. We really need more Transformers comics like this.