Large Purchase, Where should I buy?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by elj, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

I'm about to box my shit up and ship it to myself

That picture elj posted is exactly why I save my boxes

2. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

Congratulations on that mega treasure stash.

3. hojo

hojo Well-Known Member

Have you posted a complete list? Make sure to post you favorite. Make sure to transform them a few times before placing them in the display.

4. Hellscream12345

Hellscream12345 One shall fall, you Prime!

I have used all of these

-BigBadToys
    -TFSource
    -The Chosen Prime
    -Toy Dojo
    maybe TOY Arena once? And they are all great, terrific service really.

Have had some bad experience with Ages 3, TFdirect, Robokingdom and Planet Steal express a couple time and never bother again. There are so many other better choice. But really you can't go wrong with bbts and The Chosen prime.

5. CaptainMarkVell

CaptainMarkVell Infernus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, what a killer thread to find, congrats on your big pay off there elj. A ninety item order, wow. I find myself looking at the pictures, wanting to make a rough estimate and then eliminating what I wouldn't want from your list and if I could even replace it with more of what I want or even being satisfied with what was left.

6. elj

elj Well-Known Member

Well, the usual gal is so ornery that I don't feel bad. Of course, I'll be watching her like a hawk to make sure she doesn't drop or damage anything.:mad  I've cleared my schedule to be home all day for the next few days. :ev: 

I like the look of those. How do you like the shallower depth? Have any problems posing or getting a decent layout? Got any pics?

Do it! I tell ya, boxes are severely under-appreciated. Like I said before that stack of MP Cars just does it for me.

Haven't posted a complete list just yet, but I will.

Unfortunately the display bit is giving me indigestion. :confused:  So many good options and really all over the place money wise. I'm just not sure what to do. Still doing a bunch of research on this one.

Thanks! I seriously have had a hard time sleeping the last few nights. I just lay in bed thinking about when it all gets here. I totally feel like a 11 year old again!

7. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The tall narrow ones are shallow but work well for things like MP carbots and anything smaller displayed in a row or standing pose.

The more square style ones are quite deep and can easily swallow all but the very largest of figures. Toyworld Constructor is the only figure in my collection that doesn't fit inside one well. I have a somewhat out-of-date video of the cabinets here, in case that helps. The cab with Constructor, Megatrons, and Starscreams in it is a Hemnes series bookcase with glass door. I don't like the quality of the Hemnes series as much, the wood seems to warp over time more easily.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  8. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    For shelves, other than the many links I have given you previously, have a look at all these fans collection

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-collection-showcase/

Also, I have noticed this one did a fantastic job and has a huge collection. In his updated pics, he has changed some to Billy bookcase with glass doors from ikea

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-collection-showcase/154938-arkvanders-collection.html

Also, sentinel has more than 1500 tfs, so here is his display. Maybe you can pm how or what he is using

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ransformers-room-over-1000-tfs-displayed.html

9. edgecrusher

News Credits:
    Yeah, those are absolutely epic collections and displays, but unless you live alone or have a really understanding S.O. and an entirely un-used room, if you want your collection to blend in with the rest of the furniture, fully glass cases and massive full-wall displays are probably not feasible.

10. Knight Prime

Knight Prime QC 33

I like and recommend the Detolf for displays. I not a big fan of mass grouping figures to the point that it detracts from them. The beauty of Detolf display is when you group them they look amazing. Then maybe add a pedestal drawer for even more effect.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. edgecrusher

News Credits:
    Nice MP collection!

Detolfs are great, sort of the standard for collectors. They let in lots of light and are nice for displaying a grid of MP-scale figures or combiners. They are a bit wobbly though since all the sides are long sheets of glass. Take care when assembling or moving them. I can't recall whether the door fits snugly or has air gaps. They also don't offer much in the way of shelf height adjustment from what I recall, with fixed mounting points for the shelves, so for smaller scale collections there will be quite a bit of wasted vertical space.

12. elj

elj Well-Known Member

I'll just leave these here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stay tuned...

13. DrunkSkunk

DrunkSkunk Well-Known Member

And so it begins ... :drool: 

14. SMB73

SMB73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It never hurts to ask. If you're dropping somewhere near $1K at a single store, they can at least do you the favor of reducing the shipping costs.

...well shit, this is why I should read all the comments before leaving my own. That's a hell of a haul.

15. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well it doesn't look like you left them in the condition they arrived in.

16. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    ummm, I think you are missing a zero in there, at the very least...

17. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

like a striptease... nice and slow please

18. elj

elj Well-Known Member

Alright.

Let's see if this works. If so, what do you think?

https://youtu.be/4IxOEQVrhHc

Lighting's not the greatest, and I had to speed up parts (didn't figure you wanted a 30+ minute unboxing vid). Also, apologize in advance for the music.

Anyways, I'm having a blast. I've opened exactly 1 of these guys so far so I'm doing alright in the patience department.

Really, any comments and suggestions are appreciated.

On the display note, this is what I have to work with:

[​IMG]

Detolfs and a few of the others will fit, but I'm not sure there's enough space to put enough of them to hold it all. Still a conundrum.

Here's a little bit of color, just for fun. This is the same corner, just with some boxes added ;) 

[​IMG]

Thanks again for all the help everyone. I'm a bit overwhelmed right now, but I appreciate all the suggestions and comments. It feels good to finally be an active member of this community!

ELJ

19. Knight Prime

Knight Prime QC 33

Truly Epic unboxing, congrats man enjoy!

20. elj

elj Well-Known Member

Thanks!

It's almost daunting (in a good way) to go through all that. Can't wait to give each one of them the attention they deserve.