Lanterns (Green Lanterns) HBOMAX Series

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Oct 29, 2019.

1. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

He quit acting.

2. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    94ncgyp1awd51.jpg

That said, since we're getting a 70's Kung-Fu Batman animated movie, I'd love to have a 80's themed Batman and The Justice League International animated Movie (actually I'd just want the JLI by themselves, but WB would never greenlight it without headlining ol'Bats)

• Like Like x 4
  4. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We are?

• Like Like x 1
  5. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    "Batman: Soul of The Dragon", set to be released in early 2021. There was a long First Look trailer included with the "Man of Tomorrow" disc where producer Bruce Timm admits it's one big love letter to all the stuff he thought was cool about growing up during the 70's, but no one seems to have uploaded it yet (at least to YouTube) (Pictured with Bats; Richard Dragon, Lady Shiva and Bronze Tiger, with the villains so far revealed as Kobra)
    BatmanSouloftheDragon.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Unlike when they shoved Batman into the JLD film, I could actually see that since Bats was apart of the JLI originally. So there'd be stuff to mine from.

• Like Like x 2
  8. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

No Hal is a bummer. Hopefully that does mean he's getting some movie love.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Actually the CW shows are Earth Prime now. Earth-1 which was the old Arrowverse (Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Batwoman.) Was destroyed and replaced with a new Earth that now also includes Supergirl and Black Lightening which were previously on different Earths.

Anything that wasn't part of the CW still exist in the newly created Mutiverse but the original Earth-number system is gone and replaced with something else.

• Like Like x 1
  10. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  11. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wasn’t he confirmed for the Snyder cut or something

12. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Green Lantern show with the classic characters? Count me in. I hope production values are high though. I mean the energy constructs should not be that costly to do, but I expect more than the terrible effects CW uses.
    I know next to nothing about Jessica Cruz (other than that animated movie she was in) and even less about Simon Baz (read some comics where he was Ion aka the host of the green entity, but the weird name made me assume he was some human-like alien or from the future... what sort of name is Baz?) Honestly I don't get why DC wants to add more human lantern to a cast that is already incredibly diverse. We have had tons of female GLs, why did we need a human one? Can readers not identify with Arisia, Boodikka, Katma Tui, Laira, R'amey Holl? Just because their skin is purple or red? ;)  Heck I think even Sinestro's daughter was a Lantern at one point.

Seriously? Guy has not been relevant since maybe the early 2000s... how can you be still mad at him? I mean I hated how over-represented and "writer's pet' Grimlock was in Marvel TFs but I have gotten over it since we have so much more TF media since then.

That'd be what I'd do. GL especially in the 80ies/90ies was a team comic. We should have Hal, John, Guy, maybe throw in Kyle and Alan too. Not to mention all the alien members from Kilowog to Arisia and G'Nort.
    That seems to be a recurring theme of that show. I was suckered in due to the good costume design but the writing is the same crap as on the other CW shows. They are just wasting all the good characters for shock value.
    Huh first I hear of this. I should check World's Finest more often. Where do you guys get all these cartoon/movie news?

Just torrent everything. I dunno how you guys can subscribe to this many services at the same time... Must cost a fortune.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  13. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  14. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  15. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe he'll be Sinestro?

jD001

16. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Green Lantern: HBO Max Series Promises Film-like Production Values

"I happen to believe -- and this is not a universally held opinion -- that you can't do a ten-hour show or an eight-episode show, like an 8-hour movie," he explained "I don't think that works. You've got to look at it with a different tempo than you would have in a two-hour movie. That being said, certainly the show for HBO Max that we're all working on, we are approaching it with the production ambitions of a movie. So we're writing it like a TV show but we're hoping to produce it like a film."

• Like Like x 2
  17. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    RUMOR: More Details On The Time Periods Featured In HBO Max's GREEN LANTERN TV Series

HBO Max Head of Original Content Sarah Aubrey confirmed that the upcoming Green Lantern tv show would span multiple time periods. ""It’s going to span several decades on focus on two stories about Green Lanterns on Earth," said Aubrey while also confirming that the series would also touch on Sinestro's role in the Corps.

The latest report from The Direct isn't exactly breaking new ground, the site does provide a smattering of new details. It seems two periods covered in the show will be the 1940s and 1980s- with the first Green Lantern Alan Scott operating during the events of World War II and the invention of the microwave while Guy Gardner's story will be set during the time of Reagan and MTV.

That leaves time periods for Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz, though a safe bet would say that the two (who have more recently been operating as a duo in the pages of DC Comics) will have their story set in modern times.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LANTERN: HBO Max's Green Lantern TV Series Looking For Half-Human, Half-Alien Black Female Lead

Half human, half alien black female? Apparently it would be a new character called Bree Jarta. Curious.

Huh seems then it is an anthology series then, and these characters will not really interact. I don't mind, at least there will be more plot per episode than the usual "stretched out the plot for bingewatching" Netflix show, see Castlevania.

• Like Like x 1
  19. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    GREEN LANTERN Character Breakdowns Reveal New Details On Guy Gardner, Bree Jarta, & Alan Scott

Alan Scott: White Male, 28 years old. From the outside, Alan is the model of early 1940’s. The image of a G-Man. Alan is handsome, clean-shaven and well dressed without a hair out of place. He has spent his young life trying to personify truth, justice, and the American Way. He is already a household name in L.A. and is seen as hero thanks to positive press coverage. However, for all of Alan’s honesty, there is one huge lie that follows him. He is a gay man. A fact that, in his era, could cost him his job, or even his life.

Guy Gardner: White Male, 30’s. A hulking mass of masculinity, as rendered in the comics. Guy is a personification of the hyper-patriotism found in the 1980’s that birthed Hulk Hogan and Rambo. However, Guy is still likable. He might act foolish, but he is not a fool. Guy loves his daughter and wife with all of his hard-partying, fast driving, hot tempered heart. But like many alpha males, there is a deep undercurrent of pain driving it all.

Bree Jarta: Black, Female, 30’s. Few Lanterns take their commitment to the Corps and its purpose more seriously than Bree. Bree is half-human and it’s the half she’s worked hard to forget. Bree has an alien mother and a human father. However, she was raised on a more enlightened planet with an advanced society. Bree outworked her peers and earner her Ring only to find herself partnered with Guy Gardner.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So they're going the N52 route with Alan Scott and making him gay? Interesting. Wonder how much more of the N52 version will be used? Guy sounds pretty spot on and his new partner Bree sounds like a new character because I don't remember her from the comics, but there's a lot of Lanterns so I might have missed her? :lol  Overall this sounds promising.

• Like Like x 1