Lady Gets Fired Over Frozen Mac ‘n’ Cheese

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jazzfan0217, Oct 14, 2019.

1. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I am more shocked, I mean shocked by the amount of comments I've been seeing on the facebook articles for this. Like people literally did not know that Panera used frozen/packaged meals? When I was at TFCON in Reston, they had a Panera in the hotel. They make your sandwhich in front of you, so you can see them open the packet of chicken and dump it onto the sandwich.

In college I worked in a grocery store deli and we were told to tell customers everything was fresh. The deli salads (chicken salad, potato salad, etc) were from a carton, looked a big milk carton and we used to pour it into the tubs then put the tubs in the display case. People would always ask "is that fresh?" and we'd have to say "Yep! We make it everyone morning". I've seen co-workers drop things like opened hams and turkeys on the floor, the ready to eat deli meat before it's sliced and stick it back on the shelf.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Stories like this is feeding off of people's ignorance. And I don't say that as a bad thing or to be offensive. Some people just don't bother to check out the info to see if their reaction is warranted or not. Most folks are too busy with their daily lives to deal with or care about such details...in short, they don't know (ignorance). Panera is technically a fast food restaurant. If they made stuff like the mac n cheese from scratch, then they'd probably have a different customer base, and possibly longer lines if their food was better than "fast food." In turn, their prices might be different too. Most folks want that convenience for having their meal prepped as soon as possible and not having to wait too long. If they didn't mind waiting longer, they'd be at an actual restaurant where they're served their meals by a waiter or waitress. So in order to accomodate that, places like Panera will have some frozen stuff. Whether or not that should even be seen as a "problem" to "expose"....eh.....

All I gotta say is, people really need to stop making mountains out of molehills or making something out of nothing.

3. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    I never understood the appeal of Mac ‘n’ Cheese.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

This^. It's disgusting and smells like vomit. Unpopular opinion, I suppose.

5. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

BLLLLLLLLLASPHEMERS!!!

Nah, only kidding. :p 

I've tried many types of Mac and cheese. There are some winners and losers. The ones my sister makes is so delicious she makes 2 pots of it. 1 for the family and 1 for me. ALL FOR METALRYDE!

One day, my dad got me small package of mac and cheese ready to eat from Homeland grocery store. Never eaten this so I was curious. Once I got a bite...

...it was terrible. No creamy cheese taste, the mac was not soft and the whole thing tasted like plastic.

Asked my dad to try it and he didn't like it either.

I can get by with the easy-to-make stuff.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    :eek:  *long choking wheeze* How dare you?!

;) 

• Like Like x 4
  7. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    Sorry Father for I have sinned. :p 

I do however like a Big Mac & cheese... & impending heart attack.

• Like Like x 2
  8. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

Yesterday I misread the topic to be "Lady Gaga Fired Over Frozen Mac 'n' Cheese"
    Now THAT would be hilarious. Knowing her, she would probably be wearing it or something.

• Like Like x 3
  9. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Pretty much, if you're ordering Mac N' Cheese out you should just default to expecting it to be frozen, consider it doubly lucky if it's not just GFS Mac n Cheese with some extra salt or something.

That being said, yes, in most job agreements disclosing job/proprietary information is almost always against the rules. If anyone ever reads the job packets they hand out when you get hired at a new place it's almost universally likely to be in there. Depending on how severe the information is you disclose it might get into legal territory if a place would want to push it.

10. Sylent

:lol 

I think you mean, "How dare my lactose intolerance." Dairy products go through me like crystal drano through hair in the drain. The only thing I can stomach cheese on is pizza, and even then, I'll order it with light cheese or peel most of the cheese off.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:

That's a big bummer. Poor guy.

@UndertakerPrime I wish that was the headline.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    I just have 1 issue (I initially typed I have 2 issues...but the more I thought, I could only come up with 1 and stopped there)
    1) what does Panera Bread claim its food to be
    If Panera never claims fresh I have no issues and so yeah, deserved to be fired. That's like trying to make something more than it is, when it never claims to be anything else and just trying to make it look bad.

I've worked at a restaurant before, and not a "fast food" restaurant and they made their mac and cheese this way. I've only ordered food from Panera once and thought it was ok.
    Also At-will employment.

13. MetalRyde

Oop. Now I feel like a major asshole after quoting you and my response. Though a joke response. But I didn't know you are lactose intolerant.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sylent

Ha haa! Hakuna Matata. No worries. I'm quite used to it.

When I was a kid and had sleepovers, I would put water in my cereal instead of milk and freak my friends out. Back then, there was no substitute, so it was milk, water or nothing. People used to say that milk will make you grow up to be big and strong, and that's horse$h!t. I did just fine without it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I hear ya. I grew up drinking milk until I got into the military. For some reason I developed lactose intolerance (as diagnosed by the docs). Later on when I really started working out, I started reintroducing milk into my diet slowly, but with full on meals. I was trying to find an alternative to water because whey protein in water is just flat out nasty beyond any tolerance :lol  But within a year, I was ok. Not sure how that worked, but now I can drink milk again and not have the BGs.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sylent

It took me a while to figure out what the "BG's" were. Bubble Guts... the prelude to mud butt. :lol 

17. MetalRyde

I first heard about BG in Next Friday 19 years ago.

Day-Day gots problems.

My dad can't handle milk for at least 8 years now. He drinks Lactaid and because of a nearby grocery store, we keep buying Lactaid because the regular milk is expensive and only lasts for 3 days and Lactaid lasts for a month. Seriously that grocery store is the worse place to shop at.

18. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

The answer IS everything you said above. At almost every single job I have been at, when you sign all of the paperwork to become an employee, this is all a part of it. Sometimes, it is explained to you in greater detail than other times. Anyone who does not think that is true has never been employed, or does not actually read what they are signing when they get hired on, lol.

19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I actually think the latter is the real problem. I know when I was a manager in retail most people never read through the material we gave them. I'd watch while helping with the orientations and I'd say 90% of the new hires would glance at the paperwork for a second and then sign it. Then they'd be surprised when they were reprimanded about some of the stuff in the documents they were supposed to read. Go figure.

20. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

Yup, exactly....