kyber crystals and the allspark.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by redwolfbear, Jan 13, 2018.

1. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    when it comes to the whole transformers star wars crossover toyline folks it got me thinking recently

Kyber crystals, also called the living crystal or simply the kyber, and known as kaiburr crystals in ancient times, were rare, Force-attuned crystals. They were used by the Jedi and the Sith in the construction of their lightsabers. As part of Jedi training, younglings were sent to the Crystal Caves of the ice planet of Ilum to mine crystals in order to construct their own lightsabers. The crystal's mix of unique luster was called "the water of the kyber" by the Jedi.[1] There were also larger, rarer crystals of great power and that, according to legends, were used at the heart of ancient superweapons by the Sith. to put it simply, they focus energy and amplify its intensity. That is what makes them ideal for use in Jedi lightsabers and can make them ideal for use in laser weapons.

Kyber crystals were Force-attuned crystals
    The crystals concentrated energy in a unique manner through the Force, resonating with it. The crystals exhibited a sort of "collective consciousness", verging on sentience, and could non-verbally communicate with both one another and living beings. Some theorized that the permutations in the kyber lattice were comparable to emotional shifts in a sentient being.

Internally, kyber crystals were composed of both organic and inorganic matter. They were stable at temperatures and pressures found in the cores of large stars, and are thus impervious to fire and resistant to hammering, and noted for their intricate patterns. Kyber crystals were sturdy enough to survive the violent explosion of a lightsaber's power grid, such as those caused by accidentally inverting the emitter matrix during the weapon's assembly

if the allspark were to come into contact with a batch of kyber crystals the end result could quite possibly be a living cybertronian being albut ones whos life spark is actually attuned to the force through its bond with the kyber crystals it was sparked from originally

think about that for a moment folks

a transformer character who possesses a genuinine living bond with the force

how might the jedi council come to tersm with accepting such a lifving being into their ranks?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Kyber? Pass.

(Sorry. Obvious joke that was screaming to be made!)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    I’m in for a Transformer - Star Wars crossover.

Would be interesting to see Cybertronian Sith and Jedi, but would we see Autobot Sith lords, Decepticon Jedis??

4. Soundwave902

Soundwave902 The Lone Survivor

In Legends, the old Jedi Order came across a group of crystals that inhabited robotic forms and could use the Force. They promptly kicked out the guy who found them and the crystals. Look up “Iron Knight” on Wookieepedia.

• Like Like x 1
  5. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    They were later discovered by a group of students from the New Jedi Order, who put together clues provided by Callista Ming. After hiding out for 70 years, the Iron Knights were keen to rejoin the galaxy, and were accepted into the new Jedi Order without prejudice.

Iron Knights were on the front lines against the Yuuzhan Vong, and fought on the planets Osarian and Uffel—against the Red Knights of Life—and reportedly even saved Kligson's Moon. When Hosk Station was destroyed, one Iron Knight, Luxum, was even driven to the dark side

• Like Like x 1
  6. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:

cybertron megatron/galvatron have the sithlord nature down cold

• Like Like x 1
  7. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Well they cant get a decent story line in their own universe for more than a decade, if we start the cross overs now....Oh boy.....

8. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers are living things and the force belongs to all living things. Just because they're not organic life-forms does not mean they can't be force-sensitive.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SilverBlade

SilverBlade Well-Known Member

Weird.

About a decade ago, I had an idea about this very thing.

The Predacons kidnapped and experimented on some Jedi members, even scanning their DNA and their brains to see how they used The Force, and eventually figured out a way to replicate using The Force using technology instead of biology, and they could become far better Force users, as their minds (which are computers) could just learn every Force ability within seconds and retain it permanently. Not to mention, being able to use it in ways that neither the Jedi or Sith ever thought of.

10. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    The real question is if any of the Star Wars related TFs will open mouth kiss their sister.

• Like Like x 2
  11. DeadLocke

DeadLocke Well-Known Member

Better then what happened in The Last Jedi. ;) 

I remember old fanart I saw on Seibertron the showed G1 Starscream with a Sith lightsaber, back then (using that as an inspiration) I had come up with the notion of building or reforging a Transformer using pieces of the wrecked Star Forge. (A Force-imbued war factory that an ancient Force-Sensitive race had built in TKOTOR.) Theoretically this could 'give' a Transformer the ability to feel/use the Force, though the major downside is that this factory was filled with the Dark Side. Naturally this wouldn't be much of an issue for Decepticons, so I thought of this as a fun idea to 'explain' how Starscream could ghost after death and all.

Barring the Star Forge, maybe one could 'imbed' thousands or millions of tiny Kyber shards into a metal during the smelting/forging process? If these crystals are Force-attuned, they'd possibly act like the midichlorians in an organic creature and allow the Transformer to 'feel' the Force.

12. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She kissed him, then in the next movie said "...I've always known." So yeah she the sick-o.

13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Speaking of Star Wars Transformers crossovers... did you know Hasbro actually made Board/Card games for both. Star Wars includes 12 characters from Episodes 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6. No 3 because it wasn't out yet. Transformers includes 8 characters from Armada. Since both games play by the same rules it's really easy to cross play them.

I also thought I should mention a little known fact about Armada Starscream, he's force sensitive. One of his cards allows you to play any other character's special card as his own so Starscream can use force powers of any character in Star Wars except Darth Maul who has no special cards for Starscream to steal. Just call him Darth Star... puns intended.