Kreon Microchangers wave 3

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by phoenix88, Aug 14, 2013.

1. phoenix88

phoenix88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kind of surprised there isn't a feedback thread on these guys yet. If there is, a mod can merge this with that one though.

Anyway, so i grabbed all of wave 3 yesterday at Target and i have to say, for the most part i continue to be impressed by the Kreons. I don't care that they are the kings of helmet re-use across characters.

Oh, also no pictures in my post, sorry.

That said, if you're out looking for them, here's the bump codes (now tampo'd on the side of the package (at least on mine)):

50-Nosecone
    51- Thrust
    52- Nemesis Prime
    53- Ramjet
    54- Huffer
    55- Kickback
    56- Long Hauk
    57- Guzzle
    58--Sharkticon
    59- Cheetor
    60- Beachcomber
    61-Seawing

So, for me personally the highlights of the wave are Cheetor (love his character), Nemesis Prime (because it's nemesis prime) and Guzzle (because Wreckers). I really dig the entire wave though. My main gripes though are my Kickback has a very loose left arm at the shoulder and that my Long Haul was a dud in that his head was stuck inside his helmet piece and i couldn't move the face to face forward; it felt like it was stuck fast.

Overall though, by all means get this wave.

2. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which ones do you think are the best engineered, and not because of your attachment to the character? Please take bot and alt mode into consideration. Thanks!

3. mightyspacepope

mightyspacepope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here are some pictures and thoughts:

Autobots:
    [​IMG]
    I REALLY like Guzzle and Huffer. Nose Cone is cool and I really hope we see Computron in the next combiner wave.

Decepticons Part 1:
    [​IMG]
    I dig both the Coneheads. Seawing is pretty cool too and actually has some printing on the back of his helmet for his beast mode eyes. Also, he has a little goatee, but the helmet hides it.

Decepticons Part 2:
    [​IMG]

Nemesis Prime has a cool face under his helmet. Not sure if we've seen this face yet with red eyes.
    [​IMG]

Sharkticon in shark mode. I want to try customizing this guy a bit, but didn't have any time tonight. Here's the official build:
    [​IMG]

Remember: I will take any extra Sharkticons that people don't need! I can trade Vehicons or just about any other Kreon that's been released!

4. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

In my opinion....Long Haul. No doubt.

5. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I don't plan on getting all of them, but I'll share my thoughts on who I have. Note that I modified a few of these.

Nosecone
    [​IMG]
    New double-barreled gun is pretty neat. The treads on the arms seem to have a stronger clip than previous Kreons - no wobbling.
    [​IMG]
    ^ Officially, the brown part on the back isn't there.

[​IMG]
    Since the original Technobots were imaginary vehicles to start with, this mode gets a bit more leeway than the others.
    The drill bit actually was used by the Kre-O build Drill Bit before:
    [​IMG]
    You could probably make a nice custom Drill Bit Kreon with Nosecone.

Thrust and Ramjet
    [​IMG]
    Pretty much twins of each other. Same eye shape, same decals on chest and legs, colors somewhat echo each other. Dirge has totally different eyes, chest, and legs decals, which will annoy OCD people like moi.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Jet mode is just them lying on their bellies, more so than other Kreons; only thing different is that you flip their arm-mounted guns around.

Kickback
    [​IMG]
    I don't mind recycling parts, unless it's done excessively like this black Megatron helmet. The Vehicons, Bombshell, Prime Insecticon, Divebomb, Windrazor, and now Kickback have it; I've utterly sick of it. When I get a chance, I'm repainting a spare Waspinator helmet like so:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^ Slightly different from official build, same idea though. The official one doesn't include the odd black piece and rearranges the other parts.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The odd black pieces on the legs don't really extend them as the promo shots seem to imply.
    [​IMG]
    ^ Shrapnel here's a custom.

Long Haul
    [​IMG]
    Smiling for once.
    [​IMG]
    Note that the wheels on the arms are NOT official. They're an addition by me to imitate Movieverse Long Haul's shoulder-wheels.
    [​IMG]
    Truck mode isn't really held together very well.
    [​IMG]
    On the other hand, it can do this.
    [​IMG]

Guzzle
    [​IMG]
    He really turned out great. I think he may be my favorite of the wave (and I don't really have much connection to any of the Wreckers).
    [​IMG]
    His treads also stay on nicely.
    [​IMG]
    It is what it is.
    [​IMG]
    I'm pretty sure the other tank Kreons can do this too, but it's neat nonetheless.
    [​IMG]

Sharkticon
    [​IMG]
    The chest and arms are a neat metallic silver, though the helmets and weapons and such are a flat gray.
    [​IMG]
    Shark-helmet is rubbery, too. Pity.
    [​IMG]
    The flail (it's a flail, not a mace) is actually made up of 4 tiny parts. I can imagine them being easily lost and/or broken, but it does give the flail a bit of articulation.
    [​IMG]
    Again, not being a "real" thing gives the alt mode some leeway. The shark head, obviously, isn't G1-accurate, on the account they apparently want to use just one helmet for all shark robots.
    [​IMG]
    A more G1-ish posture.

Cheetor
    [​IMG]
    A number of issues and nitpicks I have:
    - The helmet on mine has a difficult time staying pegged into the head. The helmet itself has some kind of defect.
    - His hands are a totally different color than the rest of him.
    - For some reason, his instructions have the Autobot insignia and not the Maximal one. BOO! At least the Autobot insignia isn't painted on the actual figure.
    - Not sure why he has a katana.
    [​IMG]
    He could also do with more spots...
    [​IMG]
    And that gun probably should be yellow, since it's evidently trying to be the tail. (not that I really care about the alternate modes)
    [​IMG]
    And most importantly, WHERE ARE THE OTHER BEAST WARRIORS?!

Seawing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Why don't the other Kreons have alt-mode-specific decals on their helmets?
    [​IMG]
    The tail/stinger has no real useful articulation, sadly.

6. phoenix88

phoenix88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm actually not much of a fan of the alt modes on the micro-changers, call that as "defeating the purpose" as you want. i liken these as little mini-figures.

I'd say the best engineered would be Sharkticon and Guzzle. Long Haul would likely be there too, but like i said, the one i got had back QC.

Side note: I have an extra Hook from from Wave 2 still in his baggie if anyone needs him.