Non-TF: Kreo Basic Set Transformable Optimus Prime (a collection)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Alpha Omega Trion Supreme, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    I happened to look at the one Kreo Optimus Prime I had on my Prime shelf to represent the Kreo line. It's a basic Kreo Optimus Prime, a small no frills set. I looked closer at the bot mode figure and wondered given all the hinges in the set if anyone had come up with a transformable Prime using only the pieces in the set. So I google away and find some links, some of which reference TFW2005 user creations. :)  I know this is kind of an old set at this point, but I want to make a post about this for archival purposes.

I'll start out with the one I think is the best:

Ronald Sempel
    Kaleb Tussing August 12, 2014
    kreo 31143 optimus prime (basic) transformable: A LEGO® creation by Ronald Sempel : MOCpages.com

[​IMG]

This uses everything in the set except one piece. I altered mine a bit so the chest was a little more beefy. This set is based on a creation by Boyzwiththemosttoyz, and his creation has a video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbV_3e79BpE

Next up is megatroptimus's creation:

[​IMG]

What I like about this custom construction is that it has a low rider alt mode with a different take on the bot mode leg aesthetics and a mini-style bot mode. I was able to beef this up nicely and use everything in the set except for two pieces. Point is, the basic skeleton here is an awesome use of the set.

Last up is a work by blazin, although he uses two basic Prime sets to make this creation. What I find interesting about his set is that it looks closest to the bot and alt modes in the single basic nontransformable package:

[​IMG]

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...7-my-kre-o-optimus-prime-alternate-build.html

I know this information is well past the point of relevant, but I'm posting this for those people like me who just happen to go googling like I just did recently. Enjoy! :) 

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016