Kre-O Transformers G1 by Alexander Jones AKA OrionPax

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DESTRO, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

Outstanding really doesn't begin to describe these. Just... wow. Seriously. This is art.

I love the layout of the diorama in the video too. Totally makes me flash back to those old-school displays found in Christmas catalogs like the Sears Wish Book.

Great to see more passionate and creative work from fans celebrating the 30th anniversary!

2. Maximal Dinobot

Maximal Dinobot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Germans have beaten us in Kre-O... Hail Hydra?

I think the most amazing thing is that he did these purely out of Kre-O parts. I'm wondering how he got all the purple parts for Shockwave unless he used paint which he must've at least for some of the heads. Interesting that he used a Kreon head for Hound though.

While I'll always defend and enjoy Kre-O as it is this really is what most Kre-O sets should've been. And I think that it would've made business sense for Hasbro to be ambitious and attempt this. There would've been nothing else like them when it comes to building toys and while Transformers alone can bring people into Kre-O, transforming sets would've really pushed the brand higher.

Remember when Lego started doing these in 2013 long after Kre-O was around?

31007 Power Mech - Brickipedia, the LEGO Wiki
    31005 Construction Hauler - Brickipedia, the LEGO Wiki
    31006 Highway Speedster - Brickipedia, the LEGO Wiki

I don't know if Lego had done multi-build sets before but when I saw these it seemed like they were competing against Kre-O's rebuild style sets. Pure assumption but come on that's practically Lego Springer, Optimus, and kind of Prowl.

Seeing what this guy accomplished makes me all the more disappointed that Kre-O has nothing to celebrate the 30th anniversary. All we get is movie stuff, Kre-O-only combiners, and mixed feelings on upcoming Microchangers. A 30th anniversary themed set of fan-requested Microchangers would've been nice. Even Construct-Bots got Predaking as one of the thirty special toys and while I'm a fan of that line too it probably can't outdo Kre-O.

3. Astoriacrew

Astoriacrew Well-Known Member

Just awesome display pieces. A lot of hard work, and the process that must have taken place.

4. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    LEGO Creator multi-build sets have been around for years, and robots are a popular theme.

2003: 4048-1: Mechs | Brickset: LEGO set guide and database
    2004: 4508-1: Titan XP | Brickset: LEGO set guide and database
    2005: 4881-1: Robo Platoon | Brickset: LEGO set guide and database
    2007: 4917-1: Mini Robots | Brickset: LEGO set guide and database
    2011: 5764-1: Rescue Robot | Brickset: LEGO set guide and database

(obviously the builds have changed over the years, as many new parts have become available)

5. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Very nice. Perhaps Hasbro should hire him to do "Masterpiece" Kre-Os. LEGO does $$$ hobby-direct stuff. This would fit in that style.

6. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    THIS THIS THIS SOOOOO MUCH THIS.

Holy crap... really... Hire him... buy out his designs... and sell me Kreo G1 kits like this.

This are just so awesome. Really, fully transformable Lego Kits... that look GOOD.

That said... wonder of the Stunticons could also form Menasor. That would be soooooo awesome/crazy. Wouldn't put it past him either.

Seriously... these sets are just so awesome. Hope he gives schematics at some point...

Agreed. I can see why Kre-O isn't this intricate complex though... They were aiming the line for kids... they were trying to step into the Lego market too so... going simple is the way to go.

Sure, Lego has the Technic line... but that's a smaller market, for older/smarter/detailed-oriented audiences.

That said, given that Kreo has proven successful enough to keep it going now two years... this is a perfect time to try and step up the game... and OrionPax here just gave them an *amazing* way to step it up.

7. Hardshell

Hardshell Well-Known Member

Much talent! Very cool! Wow

8. DarkPrinceofKaon

DarkPrinceofKaon Formaly known as D'POK

Ebay:
    This guys stuff.....it's O.K., I guess...

No, I'm just kidding. :lol  This guys' work is simply freaking AMAZING! I'm in stunned shock, really.

And I agree with everyone that said Hasbro should hire this guy. They would be insane not too because if they don't, they are just giving Lego the chance to snatch up their next "Master Builder"!

And were the Hell is Aaron from the WTF at TFW crew??? He would be flipping his Sh@% if he saw these.

9. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    If Hasbro hired this guy and made stuff like this, I would actually buy Kreo.

10. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    those freakin amazin

11. alanyap

alanyap Will work for LEGO

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I seriously envy him right now, especially his access to almost unlimited LEGO parts at his disposal (especially custom chromed ones.. which cost a bomb per piece). There's a vid interviewing him before that showed his work-area stacked with drawers upon drawers of parts.

12. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That makes me want masterpiece Jazz now more than ever.

13. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'll never spend a dime on kreo unless they start coming out with stuff like this.

I hope they never do make them like this, because I will buy every damn one.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  14. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro...If your reading this..Send this guy an Email with an offer, NOW. THIS is the kind of ingenuity that Kreo so Desperately NEEDS to be a viable competitor/Alternative to the giant of Lego.

If these were sold, builds like this..I think Hasbro would dig a foothold in the brick market that would stay.

This is Amazing..AMAZING awesome construction work...

15. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

Our marketing director for the company I work for is horrific at her job, and in several occasions, has caused LESS people to participate in our events at our gaming centre, then in the past, when we (myself, another manager, and our general manager) were doing marketing and promotions ourselves. I don't how the hell she got the job.

There's so much fucking politics in business though, and people don't get positions because they have talent, they get them by who they know, and bullshitting their way through interviews with certificates and references.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  16. Grimlock64

Grimlock64 Well-Known Member

Boy, Drag Strip and Dead End sure have some mediocre robot modes compared to the others...

Which may be because the guy had to fit a robot, vehicle, AND combiner transformations in those two and that would totally make up for the so-so robot modes if they did combine with Motormaster!

17. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that dudes folio is awesome. its not just him having access to lots stuff to work with, just the creativity and thoroughness in design. i'm a lego guy too and this guy is legendary.

18. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro should take a look and realize that THIS is how their Kre-Os should look like - and be able to transform without taking them apart.

19. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Part of the appeal of Kreo is that it's for kids. It hasn't been until Lego really started doing the Star Wars sets that they realized what the other masterbuilders and fans did years ago. That you could create sets that were not just fun, but amazing and priced within reason. Legos aren't cheap, and by proxy Kreo bricks aren't either. Same costs of petroleum and all. But when you make sets, you make them with the idea in mind that they're going to be what everyone wants. LOTR, Star Wars and Harry Potter are goldmines for the Lego sets. It's very apparent that Transformers could be made in a transforming state from Kreos, it always has been. But this market is new to them, and they missed the window. These sets wouldn't just bring the interest back, it would be that same goldmine for Hasbro. I'm not going to say this guy is a genius, because it's been done to some extent before, he's just executed it incredibly well. He is incredibly skilled and I wish I had that type of talent.

20. Jerrymiru

Jerrymiru TF Ninja

Somebody hire this guy.