Kre-O Custom Lockdown

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Noideaforaname, May 25, 2014.

1. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Fan-favorite Lockdown returns for Age of Extinction, and gets two different Kreons. This review covers the (cheaper) Custom version.

First off, they fixed the Kreon wrist issue! No stress marks right out of the package, and you can peg other parts onto them without much trouble. In fact, it seems the set as a whole is pretty sturdy, paint and all… which is to be expected considering you’re supposed to endlessly tear apart and re-connect everything.

[​IMG]
    All the parts included, though the extra hand may be a mistake (it’s not mentioned in the instructions). What’s fun about Kre-O is how modular it is – virtually every part has at least two ways to connect with other parts. This kit has some pretty interesting and useful parts, such as the “hammer” and “wrenches.” Might want to stock up on these if they hit clearance.
    Unfortunately, there are no hooks or chainsaws or blades or anything...

[​IMG]
    Guess the color of my camera
    There are two visors but only one actual helmet. The visors don’t have a peg or any other way to connect to other parts, so you can’t really use the spare for anything.
    Incidentally, the chrome helmet appears to be cast in metallic silver plastic underneath.

[​IMG]
    The chrome gun’s handle has an odd angle to it, forcing the Kreon to hold it up really high just to shoot straight.

Lockdown himself:
    [​IMG]
    Lots of silvery paint, which looks somewhat like a circuit pattern. I like the lack of faction symbols and the neutral expression, very befitting of “just business” Lockdown.
    Somehow he manages to not look as dull as his on-screen counterpart, guess it’s the helmet.
    [​IMG]
    … which of course flips down. Kinda Cobra Commader-y with the chrome, actually. I prefer the smoky translucent one.
    [​IMG]
    Spin the visor around and you get a different look. Dunno if its intentional, but it’s got a notch on the chin so you can actually attach it “backwards.” Get two of these and you can make Daft Punk!

[​IMG]
    Lockdown’s face itself is painted on, instead of the lines making up his mouth, eyes, etc.. Seems kinda backwards, given the helmet achieves the same effect.

[​IMG]
    All the extra parts (save that third hand) get rebuilt into a weapons/trophy rack. Nice for display, though you’re inevitably going to tear it apart for customizing.
    (the spare visor, as mentioned, doesn’t have a peg, so it just sits there loosely)

[​IMG]
    GUNFACE! The instructions actually include this. The gun doesn’t actually go all the way down the neck, though; far enough it won’t just pop off, but it sits rather high.
    [​IMG]
    You can also carefully wedge the “hammer” base part within the helmet.

Now of course the real fun of this set is the crazy combinations you can make:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And that’s just using the parts included in this set, and not even being all that creative at that. One can only imagine of the full potential waiting to be discovered.

[​IMG]
    Verdict: I highly recommend this set, both as a cheap way to get Lockdown plus amazing custom parts, and because it’s a fun kit on it’s own.

2. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

We're up all night for good fun

We're up all night to get Lockdown

3. noisemaze75

noisemaze75 Well-Known Member

great review. really looking foward to finding this guy. loves me some kre-ons. this one may look better than the one in the set with the ship. you have any of the other ones and if so you care to share?

4. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    ^ Lockdown's the only one I got, and I probably won't be getting any others besides Galvatron (Decepticons forever!) and maybe if I see them on clearance (which would be months away). I'm not really crazy about the chrome and clear helmets being the only options, but those actually work for the two 'Cons.

5. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Lockdown set came with that extra hand but only one of those "wrench" pieces. I thought there was a part mix-up, but I guess the extra hand was intentional!
    Disappointed with how high the "hammer" piece sits on the neck for gun mode. The instructions show the neck fitting all the way into it.
    I'm just glad I don't have to buy the whole big set to get Lockdown!

6. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I might have to pick this up if I can find it, because it looks genuinely fun, and because his deluxe toy isn't looking great

But yeah, I'll be getting this. Thanks for the review :D 

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

My fav set so far. All the accessories have meaning. If he only came with an extra pelvic piece you could get 2 figs out of it.

8. Blazere

Blazere :)

News Credits:
    i love you

9. FigureGunplaFan

FigureGunplaFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Soooooo getting this brick bot!

10. FigureGunplaFan

FigureGunplaFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Got one two days ago!

But there is one problem: A gunface part needs to be drilled on the inside so you can nudge it down...oh well.