KRE-O Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by transfan681, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 *snap* Yup, that’s going in my cringe compilation

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Kre-o’s were so underrated

• Like Like x 3
  2. Shady boi

Shady boi Face taking enthusiast

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Agreed

• Like Like x 1
  3. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    More of the Class Of box sets (at least an 86 and 87), or otherwise themed box sets would have been nice, even with simpler/less costly packaging as store or Pulse exclusives. That, or really just more waves of Microchangers. Perfect things with which to populate the Titans and even the Modulators.

This is a great format to release these characters in, even with the reused/repurposed shared helmets and parts; I mind the accuracy problems a bit less when I see them all together looking like a cohesive line. Of the many side lines that have come and gone, Kre-O is the one I miss the most, I think (loved Bot Shots for some reason when it was new, but I enjoyed thee much more).

4. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    These look great. I have a bunch of unfinished customs that have been put away for a bit. Still want to finish them; also planning to use @x01618’s decals.
    Did you print them on water slide/transfer decal paper? Or transparent and/or white sticker paper?

• Like Like x 1
  5. UKBrawn

UKBrawn No arms just CLAWS!!

Thanks, I have loads more half-finished customs that need repainted helmets etc, I used white decal paper and printed them all on one side of A4. The colours match up well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    Thanks. I’ll try to get on mine soon. Want to get them all finally finished up!

Would love to see pics of your others soon, when you get them done. And, I think I can speak for all frequenters of this thread, we’d like to see more pics of the ones you’ve already completed! Showcase those up so we can get a better look at them!

7. Maikeruu

Maikeruu Shadowtraveler

The mail was good to me today. Finally got Rotor Rage for the unique Vortex and parts and an order of twenty-one Prime Vehicons for massive army building. Still building in 2020.

8. Isaac Hill

Isaac Hill Systems Analyst

So...Does anyone know of a kit that comes with around 50 black, cylindrical 2x2 bricks?
    TarnFront.JPG
    I had just enough to do the treads for half of one shoulder. Here's how that looks from the side.
    TarnSide.JPG
    I might make the backpack bigger. I'll know for sure once I've replaced the green and purple cylinders with black.
    TarnBack.JPG
    He's 12" tall to the tips of his cannons, 11.5" to the tips of his crown. Here he is with Devastator for scale.
    TarnScale.JPG
    He has Kre-O ball jointed ankles, hips, and shoulders. Knees are hinged. Elbows are ratchets. He's got waist and neck swivels, and each finger (3 per hand) has a joint. Given his weight, he's pretty hard to pose.
    TarnPose.JPG

I've got Kreons and other figures in this thread.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Isaac Hill

During Kre-O's heyday, TRU had the Devastator with Ironhide set on sale for less than the Dev without Ironhide. I built the 4 Constructicons in each mode and liked them, but never bothered to go through the hassle of disassembling Devastator to rebuild them.

Then, the Devastator without Ironhide set went on clearance. I bought that so I could have one sett for Dev and one for the Constructicons. And I got both Dev Kreons. It wasn't until now that I realized I also have a spare Devastator head. I didn't have the right lime green parts to do a G1 version, but I did have the yellow for G2.
    G2Dev_front.JPG

Here's some side, back, and top views to show how I incorporated details of the individual Constructicons. I'm particularly proud of using a sideways seat to make Bonecrusher's roof, especially since Bonecrusher mounts to Dev sideways, making the seat right side up.
    G2Dev_left.JPG G2Dev_back.JPG G2Dev_right.JPG G2Dev_top.JPG
    He's got hinged knees, ratcheted elbows, a waist swivel, and Kre-O ball joints in his shoulders, hips, and head. Here he is with the original Kre-O Devastator.
    G2Dev_orig.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  10. Isaac Hill

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Laserhead4

Laserhead4 Master Builder and Filmmaker

YouTube:
  12. Maikeruu

Maikeruu Shadowtraveler

Got to be the Beast with those wings and elongated jaw.

13. KraegorStark

KraegorStark Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    Clearing shelves and decided to get a pic of all the combiners together.
    20201022_202226.jpg

• Like Like x 2