KRE-O Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by transfan681, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Laserhead4

Laserhead4 Master Builder and Filmmaker

YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Laserhead4

YouTube (Legacy):
    OH BOY, DO I HAVE AN UPDATE.
    WIP Battle Changer Scale ARK/Autobot Base INTERIOR
    IMG_0341.JPG
    HOLY HELL THIS TOOK TOO LONG AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF IT WAS WORTH THE EFFORT HELP ME.
    Anyway, this is fun to look at. I modeled the interior after not only the G1 Ark, but also the Missile Silo from TFP. I have yet to add in a Groundbridge and the iconic Mountainside yet, but so far it's looking good.
    IMG_0326.JPG
    IMG_0328 2.JPG
    Seems Prowl and Sideswipe are having an argument with Brawn and Warpath while on Guard Duty. IMG_0330.JPG
    Bumblebee is talking to Spike Witwicky after a successful mission, while Wheeljack sheaths his katana to look for his wrench.
    IMG_0331.JPG
    Bulkhead and Jazz are talking (ignore the fact that Jazz teleported out of nowhere). Bulkhead is bewildered about something, while Jazz is playing it cool (or doing his best to not freak out). They might want to watch their step though, because Powerglide and Tailgate (latter not pictured) are on the move. Red Alert (partially pictured) is trying her best to hold up a bunch of supplies for our local medic.
    IMG_0332.JPG
    Ratchet and Rewind are working on making the next Autobot, but are arguing over casual things. Ratchet seems a tad bit distant, though...
    IMG_0333.JPG
    Probably because Windblade is in heavy stasis lock after having her FACE torn off.
    Yeah, I'm still working on her face.
    IMG_0329.JPG
    Meanwhile, Jetfire is trying to get his fellow Bergerite, Grimlock, to come out of the Dinobot cave and stop being so shy. In actuality, Grimlock is confused and at a loss of words about how he'd fit through the door.
    IMG_0334.JPG
    And penultimately, Ultra Magnus and Kup are reprimanding a relaxed Hot Rod resting in Optimus Prime's seat. Wheelie is freaking out fearing Optimus's wrath.
    And lastly, that leads me...to this:
    IMG_0323.JPG
    So I got myself a new iPhone last summer, which meant that my old iPhone model could now be used for the Teletraan 1 computer full-time. And my god does it look fantabulous. This remains my favorite part of the entire ship, mainly for how much range it offers the set. Here, while Ironhide is checking on all the fuss in Optimus's room; Optimus, Arcee, Perceptor, and Slug are all checking out star charts to Cybertron,
    You can also have him call Megatron and the Decepticons:
    IMG_0324.JPG
    Have him call Alpha Trion on Cybertron:
    IMG_0335.JPG
    Credit goes to @Aadeon for that BC. I don't own it, he does, but he sent me a picture, and it only looks better like this!
    You can have some classic technical readouts:
    IMG_0338.JPG
    IMG_0336.JPG
    And lastly, an Autobot Desktop screen.
    IMG_0340.JPG
    I love this thing, and boy can I wait to add in the GroundBridge and the Mountainside to complete the look.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  3. Aadeon

Aadeon Blah, Blah, Blah

Great work! My fav has to be the shot of Alpha Trion ;) 

Here the full size shots for your fans to also enjoy!

BF392C6A-1052-4291-87B6-A2DE09A93CF4.jpeg

72052809-3D7B-46F3-98D3-BBEE0911BDBF.jpeg

ECF5196F-98D5-4DEE-99D7-AD7C5FA38260.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  4. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I discovered that Shapeways is very strict about the word "Lego" in product descriptions. If you even say the word your product will end up being pulled for manual review every time you edit the product. I had said these kids were good for both Kre-O and Lego. I'm not going to mention Lego anymore on new Kre-O kits.

7. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Laserhead4

YouTube (Legacy):
    JobbyTheHong Tribute
    HarriotFormers.png
    Anyone willing to tweet this to him?

• Like Like x 4
  9. Laserhead4

YouTube (Legacy):
    Well, I just got one of the new runs, and it would appear that there's only...one change.
    One of Ironhide's stickers was blue the first time around. Now it's been corrected to black.

10. Asbe

Asbe Asbestos

Hi everyone,
    I'm looking for a Single Pack Battle Changer Optimus Prime and an Elite Optimus Prime Polybag and was wondering if anyone here had them for sale. Thanks a lot!

11. Laserhead4

YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm sure they're available somewhere, but Elite Optimus goes for a hundred bucks, and the only way you can get BC Optimus Single-Pack is if you go to the Phillipines. He's completely sold out everywhere else.

And I do not recommend going anywhere right now.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  12. Asbe

Asbe Asbestos

Thanks for the response, I will keep my eyes open. I believe these are the final 2 I need to complete the collection.

13. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    I’ve been using this very simple phone holder made out of a few extra Kre-O parts for a while now. Small, light, portable, adjustable, and simple:
    (I just thought a lot of you guys likely have these extra pieces laying around)
    3C219B12-6F08-4422-96C5-99763EB51AE3.jpeg C60EF7A1-553D-441C-ABCF-5BE41BE46075.jpeg
    A couple more fashionable variations: B76189B8-A592-4FB3-AA29-F74F20A4EB1F.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Laserhead4

YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm happy and excited to show you all my stop-motion short featuring the Kre-O Battle Changers, both official and custom. I hope you all enjoy!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Maikeruu

Maikeruu Shadowtraveler

I think I need to steal those Oil Slick and Cy-Kill designs.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Laserhead4

YouTube (Legacy):
    You'll have to ask @Aadeon for Cy-Kill. He simply gave me the pictures.

As for Oil Slick, I recommend investing in the Kre-O Armor-Up figures (particularly Black Sideswipe) and some permanent silver markers for custom paint apps.

17. Laserhead4

YouTube (Legacy):
    And here's another episode I made in collaboration with @MoonTrufflesArt.

• Like Like x 2
  18. PrimalMotive

PrimalMotive Barely Surviving

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Ahh the memories..I miss Kre-O...

19. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I really need to work on downsizing this big bucket of Kreons I got collecting dust. While I figure out if it's even worth selling these old things that've been modifed and had their "alt modes" removed, I thought I'd take some pics of the customs I've made:

[​IMG]
    Sandstorm from before they made a Sandstorm
    [​IMG]
    Overlord - kinda wish I had kept Hot Spot's legs for him, but I didn't want to be struck with the entire Protectobot set just for one piece
    [​IMG]
    Blitzwing - trying to get a yellow helmet was absolute hell, glad I found a trading partner who had a bunch of them
    [​IMG]
    Lugnut isn't really a custom, but his giant hammer/mace thing is
    [​IMG]
    Impactor still needs a bit of refining, though nowadays that Decepticon symbol doesn't seem so out of place
    [​IMG]
    Wingspan and Pounce, a real easy custom.... I forget which one's the custom...
    [​IMG]
    A Runa...whoever to go with Runa.....the other one. Not remotely matching in aesthetics, but really it was more of a "hey I DO have enough black and red parts to make Orange-and-White's bro"
    [​IMG]
    Hooligan and G2 Ramjet - IIRC the former was just 'what can I make with what I got' and the latter 'I need to justify a second Seacon set somehow'
    [​IMG]
    Vehicon Team 2 - based on the Prime video game; I think I had intended to get more Vehicons and make up my own variants, but I never went any further
    [​IMG]
    Bombshock, and a giant gun vaguely inspired by Chainclaw... who've I paired with Bombshock so long I've nearly forgotten he was originally sold with Icepick
    [​IMG]
    A black Sharkticon (why not?) and an Allicon.... who makes me realize I had a Bulkhead just to cannibalize him!
    [​IMG]
    Junkheap trio.... man was AoE that long ago?
    [​IMG]
    Weirdwolf - like, he's just Sinnertwin with a different head, but I keep forgetting he's a custom
    [​IMG]
    Generic Decepticon..... or Turmoil I guess
    [​IMG]
    Lost Light dudes - Skids only exist because I bought a Bluestreak to give Whirl his helmet... though now I'm left wondering where'd Skids get his helmet from? Seemed like the only other blue helmets were giant Beachcomber blocks or Mirage domes.
    Also Swerve's gun is totally supposed to be a My First Blaster. I never got around to painting the tip orange.
    [​IMG]
    If he didn't have an identical chest to Kickback's, I'd have forgotten Shrapnel was even a custom. I mean just looking here, you might think Kickback was the custom, given his specially modded hat.
    [​IMG]
    ... which was part of making Ransack here. Kickback obviously got the second helmet.
    [​IMG]
    More Insecticons! Made up my own bug-bots, based loosely on a mantis, peanut bug, weevil, fly, flea, and cockroach.
    [​IMG]
    More OCs based on just playing with whatever extra parts I had lying around. Blue Guy's extra arms were a prototype to Whirl's legs.
    [​IMG]
    G2 Dinobots! Swoop really needs the green chest and wings from Acid Storm, but I'm in this weird dumb state where I don't want to buy a spare Kreon but also don't want to break up my Seeker set.
    (also pretty sure Slag had a weapon, but hell if I can remember what it was, much less find it in the big tupperware I store the Kreons in)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 10
  20. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    More custom Kreons:
    [​IMG]
    Crasher
    [​IMG]
    Injector
    [​IMG]
    Senator Ratbat - one of the earliest customs I did, largely to find some use for an extra Shockwave helmet. The painted collar is... not the best.
    [​IMG]
    Skalor - his wave totally wasn't going to get released so I made my own. Then his wave DID get released, and for a buck a pop. Go figure.
    [​IMG]
    Laserbeak
    [​IMG]
    ...is a laser gun!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Movie Devcon, and a Hind Transformer from DotM concept art, who've I've always assumed had to be related to Devcon in some way since they both turn into Russian military vehicles:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Minor mods: Rhinox gets his Chainguns, and Sea Spray scuba gear
    (oh is this where I got Skids' helmet from?)
    [​IMG]
    Also minor: Cyclonus gets a sword and some silver paint. No fixing that Decepticon insignia, but I tend to think of Cyc as an MtMtE character so it's sorta fitting in that regard.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    InsectiKart! Saw some other folks make Kre-O Karts, had to join in.

• Like Like x 7