KRE-O Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by transfan681, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Gotta say, I'm glad it's RiD we're missing out on, instead of BW or Animated, or even the older RiD show.

Kreon Underbite looks spiffy even if he isn't a screen-accurate quadruped. I wouldn't mind getting Hammerstrike or Ped just for some added color variety. Would have to peg a few extra blocks on Ped's legs to evoke that knee-walking look.

They really should've invested in a few new helmets, though. Half of them use that Knock Out helmet... as did half of the Prime characters before them.

2. Noideaforaname

News Credits:
    Do you like fire? I'M FULL OF IT!
    [​IMG]
    I might eventually replace the head with Bombshell's, but I think a smug pure-white-eyed face kinda fits the Fallen.

Attached Files:

3. Isaac Hill

Isaac Hill Systems Analyst

Grimlock Unleashed robot build

Thanks gabumon and Tresob. There's more pics at:
    Grimlock Photos by IsaacHill | Photobucket
    I'm hoping that's enough to figure out how to build it. I haven't taken him apart to rebuild the dino since I'm worried I won't be able to figure out how to make the robot again. I'll probably take more pics when I disassemble him to make sure I can put him back together.

I made some kreons to complete the original lineup.
    [​IMG]

4. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Neat! I really dig Optimus' trailer!

5. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    Next up are the other 2015 Kreo I got from Hong Kong... the Battle Changer Gen1 sets.

There are six single sets in two waves, and two double packs in one wave.
    Single wave 1 - Optimus, Bumblebee, Starscream, Grimlock
    Single wave 2 - Hound, Shockwave
    Double wave 1 - Optimus w/ trailer & Megatron, Ratchet & Soundwave w/ Ravage, Rumble, Frenzy, Laserbeak.

The Optimus with trailer is a darker colour, has different stickers, and slightly different legs to allow for a tab to be added for the trailer to attach.
    Unfortunately, I couldn't get either Optimus to transform completely into truck mode, as the arm part that has the window of the cab, has to connect in three places, and there is not enough clearance for the windows to sit above the grill part without bits falling apart from the distorted strain.

I liked the Soundwave and Hound best, while Bumblebee isn't too bad for a fully convertible kreo figure. Megatron was disappointing, mostly because it looks like a boat instead of a tank, and the side panels on the legs are moveable, but don't actually move between modes.
    The bonus with Soundwave is four of his "cassettes", which can combine with him in both modes for a super-mode robot and jet form.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was a QC issue with my Megatron. The socket piece for the arm had the socket crushed as if it was caught in the mould as it closed for the next injection of molten plastic. As such, it won't attach in robot mode, but is able to use the "hand" to hold together in tank mode. And for some reason, the ball on the other end was smaller, so it wouldn't lock into sockets either.
    Even if Hasbro was releasing these in Australia, they wouldn't provide a replacement part... but at least I would have been able to exchange it at the store.
    [​IMG]

All the 2015 Kreo so far released, except the 12 Mini-figures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. There D Hood

There D Hood Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Thank you. I appreciate that. I don't know if those two come smudge-less. It'd be a shame if they didn't. Not that I know which movie they're from in the first place.

What's the torso on Megatron? I looked all over the Wikia and my guys but just couldn't find it.

When it comes to those shows, it'll only matter if they move away from Kreon Warriors back to homages across all Transformers media. Though seeing how I can't get the stuff anyway, I'm almost hoping they don't. I just wish we got one old Robots in Disguise figure and of course more Beast Wars.

I don't know if they'll bother investing in new pieces at this point. Not to say there's a lack of effort on their part as I can't check them out anyway, but I do really wish I had that plate-less Optimus helmet.

7. Noideaforaname

News Credits:
    Thanks for sharing those pics, griffin-of-oz! Hounds looks like the real winner of the Battle Changers. Shock- and Sound-wave also look pretty good, though I think Soundwave's main appeal is his minions.

Mindwipe, same with the legs.

8. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    Here's the robot modes, which I forgot to include in the last posting.

Since I can't get Megatron's arm to attach (due to the defective part), I just have it plugged onto its leg.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    Ah man. I wish there were another way to get that Strongarm. As a custom kreon, preferably.

10. Isaac Hill

Thanks.

I called Hasbro this morning about a Kre-O bucket I bought that was missing some parts. The guy told me that they couldn't send me replacements since they weren't dong Kre-O anymore. They're sending me a gift certificate instead, which is worth more than the bag of parts. But, this is (more) confirmation that Kre-O is done in the US.

To counter that bad news, here's some Microchanger Wreckers:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Back row L-R: Topspin, Roadbuster, Twin Twist, Whirl
    Front row: Broadside, Impactor, Sandstorm

There are no leftover parts in any mode. I've since replaced Twin Twist's cones with actual drill pieces, and he looks much better. Impactor's still the weak link, though. I don't have the right orange parts, and the alt mode is limited since the spear hand can't hold a wheel.

11. Dean domino

Dean domino Well-Known Member

But they keep putting out Kreo repops like the wave 4 microchangers and sets minus the instructions and from what I was told is the megatron and bumble bee sets are the new molds not Oxford , I was told that I cannot confirm that because I don't live around a dollar general store

12. Unicron007

Unicron007 Well-Known Member

So for people trying to catch up on Aoe wave 2 I see Instagram postings they are popping up at the Dollar tree stores.

13. Unicron007

Unicron007 Well-Known Member

14. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    Really like how they did the 2 Minicons and Clampdown, though it does make him strangely tall.

Strange to see the likes of Underbite and Springload walking upright...

15. There D Hood

There D Hood Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    More fun with the Grimlock build.

[​IMG]

You know, if the other AoE Dinobot builds were grey with a few pieces of their respective colors like "Strafe" I'd be more inclined to pick them up. These two look good together.

[​IMG]

16. computron179

computron179 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    Swoop ! Not prefect but made with extra peices on hand.

17. RCtelevision

RCtelevision cosmos

News Credits:
    Is it mine or today tfw is going kreo bumblebee?

18. aikitim

aikitim G1 Autobot

Hey everybody, I haven't posted in a while. Haven't picked up the ol' bricks in some weeks. Been crazy busy.

Here's a teaser (more of a WIP i suppose) for something coming down the pipeline along the lines of the Magnus and Powered Convoy I did:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. Dean domino

Dean domino Well-Known Member

I hope your right I live around four of them

20. Isaac Hill

Thanks for the heads up. The Dollar Tree near me had a box on a low shelf near the register. If I hadn't been looking for it, I probably would have missed it.