KRE-O Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by transfan681, Apr 4, 2012.

1. aikitim

aikitim G1 Autobot

2. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    At first I thought they were selling the BIG Devastator set for that much.

How'd you even find that? The main Kre-O page only shows the AoE box sets, and searching "Devastator" yields seemingly everything besides him.

3. aikitim

aikitim G1 Autobot

Yep. If you typ emicrochanger you can find sold out Predaking, but no devastator, no other combiners.

Crazy Search skills.

How about KO AOE Grimlock?
    2 In 1 Robot Transform Dinosaur Tyrannosaurus Rex Building Blocks Toys - Buy Dinosaur Tyrannosaurus Rex Toys,Buliding Blocks Dinosaur,Transform Building Toys Product on Alibaba.com

Some of these Chinese knock-off builds are really really good - what's the quality of the bricks like, has anyone dabbled? I have the movie minifig set in the mail, will see when it gets here.

Like look at this satellite guy:
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...arge-242pcs-deformation-robot/1937444510.html

4. Soresuk

Soresuk TF Hoarders

Hmm I have no idea about the brand for the grimlock and the satellite guy but the satellite guy set looks good!

Word of advice, be very careful about chinese bricks. Some can be good, some can be extremely bad. I had a few kre-o inspired sets from the brand "star diamond". Basically a tank, helicopter, armoured troop transport and a humvee. I got them cos there is a possibility of rebuilding them, along with some imagination into a combaticon team.

Anwyay back to the main point. Star diamond bricks quality is on par with kreo bricks. Bricks feels solid and weighted and it looks exactly like kreo brick. The bricks do have frequent sign of flashes from the injection molding process but even kreo has them. For the design, kreo is better as the building steps for the body is perpendicular to how it is supposed to stand, example the 542 piece OP. For star diamond, the robot form is just using the top to bottom approach, thus the body snaps easily (picture for reference).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall a set of star diamond with 300+ piece cost about usd$10 to me, so I would say the low price outweighs any of the minor issues I face.

For those who would like to know more about 3rd party bricks, you can read up more by googling "communist lego summer 2014". There is a pdf file (the 2nd link for me on google search) which is a compilation of a list of chinese bricks the reviewer has got his hands on. You have no idea how some of the brands are hideous :lol 

5. Noideaforaname

News Credits:
    Those off-brand transformers look awesome, and make me sad Hasbro dropped the idea with Kre-O.

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I could use that tank for a transforming G2 Megatron custom...

7. Fast_Draw

Fast_Draw Pretender

News Credits:
    Some new customs. Some inspired by others, but with different parts and ideas. One I haven't seen done yet (here anyway).

-Chromedome (different parts and painted orange mouth plate) and Crosshairs (trimmed the peg on the tires and glued them to the shoulders. Don't think the double-barreled gun came in red and didn't want to use the maroon...thought it would look odd.).

-Weird Wolf (different torso and head with gray visor/goggles painted), Apeface, and Snapdragon (painted purple mouth plate).

Attached Files:

8. addemlit

addemlit Member

Ebay:
    Has anyone made any custom Sky lynx or ultra magnus kreons?

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I've seen a Sky Lynx last week, can't remember where though!

EDIT: here! But his stuff is actually like 99% Lego.

10. aikitim

aikitim G1 Autobot

Check my customs in my SIG I did a Sky Lynx

11. Aadeon

Aadeon Blah, Blah, Blah

Here's mine. All Kreo parts, except where the neck connects to the body (only because I didn't have that part yet). Though It was really inspired by aikitim.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Constructor

Constructor Behold my true form!

On the topic of Sky Lynx,
    Here's mine

Dragon:

[​IMG]

Seperate

[​IMG]

Boat:

[​IMG]

Jet:

[​IMG]

Combined altmode:

[​IMG]

Not perfect, but works for me!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. Twalsh

Twalsh Well-Known Member

Excited, just picked up mindwipe, last blindbag the tru had. Why excited, well because the helmet he comes with is perfect to update predaking, seeing as the helmet Insecticon came with is more akin to his robot mode helm, and since I don't display my prime figs...yay! Now with finals just about done the ideas I've been sketching for an U.M. can be tried in real life.

14. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    So, here's my attempt at the base mode. Obviously, with so little space, I couldn't make the ramps, so it's more of a battle station mode. I redesigned the chest cavity so Prime could stand there in that mode.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Because I had to make the upper legs slightly longer to accommodate the split, Ginrai's and God Ginrai's proportions have been altered a bit, probably for the best.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Aadeon

Aadeon Blah, Blah, Blah

I like 'em. Snapdragon's my fav.

16. aikitim

aikitim G1 Autobot

Spoiler Alert:
    I'm building a small light box. Just Put together and painted up a special edition custom to show it off (along with a bunch of other stuff I'm working on / finishing).Coming soon to a Kreo Thread near you.

Attached Files:

17. Grimlock64

Grimlock64 Well-Known Member

Who's that Kreon!?

It's... Mindwipe! "Pikachu!"

18. Soresuk

Soresuk TF Hoarders

Caution guys! A word of advice. Do not swap the body of the battle changer (if you happen to get your hands on one) to another kreon body. Apparently, for the older kreon body, the shoulder socket is larger than the connecting socket of the battle changer arms connector. In other words, means that the shoulder socket of the battle change body is smaller than the older kreons shoulder socket.

I tried customizing my grimlock by swapping the grimlock battle changer body into a mindswipe body, the arms connector wont not fit in due the the mistmatch in size. Excessive force might break it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. aikitim

aikitim G1 Autobot

That's pretty annoying actually... thanks for the heads up.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Noideaforaname

News Credits:
    Welp, there goes the appeal for those things...