KRE-O Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by transfan681, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Boltax

Boltax I'm a Veronica man.

I think if we don't get more Micro-changers there's still some hope on the horizon. Next year's Botcon set will almost certainly be Micro-changers... and there will almost definitely be an SDCC set next year -- because this year's set was ridiculously popular.

So we're probably going to get a Class of 1985 set.

--Andrew S.
    (And if Kre-O keeps limping along, I imagine we'll continue to get SDCC sets like that. But who knows?)

2. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Yeah, I can't see them completely axing the crazy homages everybody loves. They've got to work them in somewhere (more affordable that convention exclusives, I mean). Kre-O keeps adapting, so maybe we'll see them in something other than blindpacks?

3. IronPatriot

IronPatriot Quintesson

Hi-res pictures and descriptions on Seibertron.com now... so basically there are prison containment units for the Decepticons and some new shooting mechanisms... maybe rubber band powered? LEGO Technic parts on a few of builds also, it seems...

Open mask Optimus Prime will definitely help out with Ultra Magnus customs. I still don't understand the whole RID line so I guess I've got some research to do unless somebody can explain it in a nutshell.

4. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't forget Star Trek, they made a bunch of pieces pretty exclusive to that series and have no other uses for them. Watch next wave will have a Ferengi Ironhide and a Cardassian Soundwave. On that note I would guess that D&D is cancelled and we (the US) will never see wave 2.

This seams like the general feeling I'm getting from the community.

Funny, It seams like most of the people that currently collect Kre-o don't like the new stuff but most people that don't collect or got out of collecting Kre-o do like the new stuff.

Just to add a little more fuel to the fire, There was no showing of any GI Joe stuff at the NYCC but Hasbro reps said that there would be a toy line for the 2015 live action movie so IF there is going to be a 2015 GI Joe Kre-o line it will most likely be based on the movie and not ARAH. So I guess what I'm saying is it looks like Joe fans will get snubbed on a bunch of character too.

Edit: Meet Megaorg, Stuscream and Rodimus the Klingon.

Attached Files:

5. GO0SE

GO0SE Active Member

Argh!! Those are the three I want most! Looks like custom time.

(^)>

6. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Hopefully this new "Kreon Warriors" or whatever it's called will just be a one-time thing or something. I mean, I think they look pretty damn sweet and I can't wait to own those two Ratchets, but it'd suck if they stopped making normal TF microchangers.

Wave 7 is still really expensive, right? I better remember to get Blackarachnia soon.

PLEASE

That new Ferengi head is way too awesome to be only used once. I'd love to be able to get a bunch more. Same with the Cardassian pieces. Too bad they didn't give Dukat a proper hair piece, though. The one he had just didn't work. Still need to eventually get that Worf, too.

7. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, wanted Cardassian Kickback but I think I got Elvis Presley Kickback.

Attached Files:

8. ajent0

ajent0 Active Member

From my understanding RiD bumble bee and 4 others (it looks like they are missing a kreon fixit). Sent to earth again to capture fugitive decepticons/predecons now that megatron disbanded the decepticons. And i guess thoughs are their cells. Kinda like a rehash of the 13 ghost of scooby doo.

Some one metioned that the warrior transformer line might be a homage to hearts of steel. If so i want a optimus microchanger into a old train or megatron into a civilwar cannon.

9. aikitim

aikitim G1 Autobot

The good news is, if they really do cancel the microchangers, I won't ever feel bad about spending time and money building customs of characters they will release in the future....

Pipes:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These guys really desrve better photography than my shitty cameraphone....

10. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm with you guys on the new blindpacks. If they made Bludgeon as a Samurai I'd be sold. Right now all I want is the Hearts of Steel style Starscream.

11. Boltax

Boltax I'm a Veronica man.

I can't help loving the hell out of Gangster Bumblebee, Ninja Shockwave and Texas Optimus Prime. Texas Optimus Prime is almost TOO cute -- because, y'know. Optimus Prime, Peter Cullen. Texas.

But that's what I like.

It's like a Kreon of Peter Cullen.

On the other hand...

Do I really need 20 more Bumblebees?

--Andrew S.
    (Probably...)

12. Joevette8

Joevette8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so is that the next micro changers set? i guess i have a break for a little.

13. mechajol

mechajol Well-Known Member

hey guys!
    whose torso was used for this kreo?

[​IMG]

14. Fast_Draw

Fast_Draw Pretender

News Credits:
    It's Decepticon Highbrow from AoE wave 1 Microchangers.

15. addemlit

addemlit Member

Ebay:
    I doubt they will stop completely with the micro changers. If they did it would be a dumb business move on their part.

Plus I agree I need my missing G1 characters. I want Ultra Magnus and Sky Lynx more than anything!

16. Meister5

Meister5 Lost Light-er

News Credits:
    Highbrow should've been the Decepticon mole reveal. Then that Decepticon symbol would make sense :p 

I'll miss microchangers if they're truly gone but there will always be customs to fill the gaps. I do want that Strongarm Kreon though (with a few modifications :) ).

17. Aadeon

Aadeon Blah, Blah, Blah

• Like Like x 1
  18. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Dat Fallen! Drift is great too, but I don't think I've seen anyone attempt the Fallen before, much less make one that spectacular!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nifty! I like the simplicity of the panels that you've added as well.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Aadeon

Aadeon Blah, Blah, Blah

Thanks guys. I actually prefer the simplistic designs of the earlier Kreos than the more recent complex ones we've been getting.

• Like Like x 1