KRE-O Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by transfan681, Apr 4, 2012.

1. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SOme of those sets looked really good, the BB car and the transformable Soundwave, but if they're TRU exclusives, forget it.

2. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That Soundwave with cassettes is SO BOUGHT.

And what is going on with those individual figures? Pirate, Ninja, Cowboy and Samurai robots?!

• Like Like x 1
  3. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kinda liked that, thought it was something random/goofy/cool. Cowboy Prime? Yes please :D 

4. Fast_Draw

Fast_Draw Pretender

News Credits:
    Pass. None of that stuff interests me in the least. I guess no more TF Kre-o for me.

5. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not ready to write the Micro-Changers off just yet. From what I see this new set of figures is part of the custom line and not part of the blind-bag series. If you look closely you will see 2 optimus, 2 bumblebee, 2 ratchets, 2 starscreams, 2 shockwave and 2 megatron. That does not appear to be a blind bag type assortment but would make for two waves of 6 custom figures.

6. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    It's still 12 figures, like every Microchanger wave. And 2 of each character, and not-so-in-demand bots at that, does come across as a response to people complaining about the lack of numbers.

7. Skullgrinner

Skullgrinner Well-Known Member

Ah! Horrible! If those crazy Cowboy Optimus vs Ninja Shockwave are replacing microchangers (and dirtweed's argument gives me hope) then I am done. Customs will have to finish off the missing bots.

8. IronPatriot

IronPatriot Quintesson

What are those large bricks with the build sets? Do these have some kind of gimmick? I also can't figure out who quite a few of the Kreons are...

9. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    does anyone have the latest blind bag wave of CONS only for sale by chance?

10. Skullgrinner

Some of the RID sets look to have interesting Kreons for potential customising but the more I see of the historical-crazy-kreon blind bags the more I realise my wallet won't be bleeding quite so much over the coming year. This might just break the addiction.

11. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Yup, seems like these new "Kre-On Warriors" are going to be replacing Microchangers.

That is ridiculous that we'll never get a Blurr, Wreck-Gar, or proper Ultra Magnus to complete the movie cast.

12. Twalsh

Twalsh Well-Known Member

Not big on these historical types...

13. Boltax

Boltax I'm a Veronica man.

The thing that interests me is a purely mechanical thing.

The ball joints plate pieces that Kre-O have are a different size to the ball joints they use for Kreon limbs. So does that mean they've made new pieces that are the small ball joints on one side and the medium ball joints on the other? If you look at the shoulders of Megatron, for example, this seems to be the case!

--Andrew S.

EDIT: I guess the Galvatron Factory Battle set has similar leg pieces for their super Galvatron... hmmmm...)

14. Skullgrinner

And Blaster, Astrotrain, Blitzwing....Grrrr

Anyone got the dimensions needed to print out decal chest stickers?

15. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

With the potential floundering of the D&D wave Hasbro has to recoup costs for manufacturing them in the first place. Hence Kre-On Warriors, Transformers using parts from both G.I.Joe and D&D to build up something goofy and odd for the kiddies to collect.

If they're blind bagged I'm sure certain people will go nuts for them.

Quite frankly... I really need to nab AoE wave 2 before they vanish completely. Micro-Changers were what sold the line so well in my opinion and once they were introduced they were a godsend. Everyone ate them up, to take a step back from that and introduce a new series of blind bags that A) don't transform into two modes and B) have no valid reason for being in the Kre-O world... I mean if they'd taken this opportunity to make goofy wacky homages to the Pretenders of old and their shells that might have flown a bit, Starscream with spiked helmet makes sense as a Pretender. Starscream with a tri-corn or pirate themed hat just smacks of idiocy.

So yeah, once I get wave 2 AoE if there are no future Micro-Changers and these idiotic things take their place then I'm out. At least from the blind bags.

Now the main builds look fairly decent and they seem to be once again focused on some decent looking sets compared to the lackluster approach and playset feel of the AoE line. I'm very impressed with the beast build here as it doesn't rely on stupid pieces and lackluster Dinos.

And to answer your question in hypothesis dude who posed it, I believe those strange new Kre-O brick elements are meant to evoke the Stasis Pods of the past. I'm thinking they are containment units for the Decepticons, opening prisons as it were similar to what LEGO has done in the past. That's my guess anyway, and I feel it's an improved gimmick from the magnetic dino-force powers of AoE.

Battle Changers are looking impressive, I'm definitely going to enjoy collecting those dudes.

16. Boltax

Boltax I'm a Veronica man.

I think if we don't get more Micro-changers there's still some hope on the horizon. Next year's Botcon set will almost certainly be Micro-changers... and there will almost definitely be an SDCC set next year -- because this year's set was ridiculously popular.

So we're probably going to get a Class of 1985 set.

--Andrew S.
    (And if Kre-O keeps limping along, I imagine we'll continue to get SDCC sets like that. But who knows?)

17. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Yeah, I can't see them completely axing the crazy homages everybody loves. They've got to work them in somewhere (more affordable that convention exclusives, I mean). Kre-O keeps adapting, so maybe we'll see them in something other than blindpacks?

18. IronPatriot

IronPatriot Quintesson

Hi-res pictures and descriptions on Seibertron.com now... so basically there are prison containment units for the Decepticons and some new shooting mechanisms... maybe rubber band powered? LEGO Technic parts on a few of builds also, it seems...

Open mask Optimus Prime will definitely help out with Ultra Magnus customs. I still don't understand the whole RID line so I guess I've got some research to do unless somebody can explain it in a nutshell.

19. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't forget Star Trek, they made a bunch of pieces pretty exclusive to that series and have no other uses for them. Watch next wave will have a Ferengi Ironhide and a Cardassian Soundwave. On that note I would guess that D&D is cancelled and we (the US) will never see wave 2.

This seams like the general feeling I'm getting from the community.

Funny, It seams like most of the people that currently collect Kre-o don't like the new stuff but most people that don't collect or got out of collecting Kre-o do like the new stuff.

Just to add a little more fuel to the fire, There was no showing of any GI Joe stuff at the NYCC but Hasbro reps said that there would be a toy line for the 2015 live action movie so IF there is going to be a 2015 GI Joe Kre-o line it will most likely be based on the movie and not ARAH. So I guess what I'm saying is it looks like Joe fans will get snubbed on a bunch of character too.

Edit: Meet Megaorg, Stuscream and Rodimus the Klingon.

Attached Files:

20. GO0SE

GO0SE Active Member

Argh!! Those are the three I want most! Looks like custom time.

(^)>