Kotaku interviews HMS, Prepare your questions for the devs!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Tiller, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A gaming blog I frequent and comment on is interviewing High Moon Studio Wednesday. Anyone can call in to their talk show and ask them questions. I'm certainly going to be calling in and asking a meaningful questions myself. You can too if you would like! But please, lets not swarm them with "ZOMG WHY XXXX CHARACTER NOT HERE" XD

Details from Kotaku:

Link:

Prepare Your Questions About Autobots and Decepticons

2. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Matt Tieger To Answer Call-in Questions on Wednesdays Kotaku Talk Radio

Didn't see this posted anywhere, but I figured TFWers would want to be involved. Apparently Matt Tieger will be on Kotaku's live Talk Radio show and will be answering questions about the game from people who call in. Wonder how many people from here will get through to ask questions worth answering. :lol 

Prepare Your Questions About Autobots and Decepticons

3. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone one needs to ask him if the PS3 will get a demo.

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Would someone participating the Q&A please ask the following questions:

If someone would be so kind to ask the following questions for me, I’d be very appreciative:

1) Why is this multiple platform developed game only seeing a demo on one of the three systems? Some of us don’t have an XBOX 360.
    2) Since the game’s announcement, we’ve seen a barrage of interviews, pictures and gameplay trailers, so here’s my questions: what machine were these videos running on?
    3) Will all three versions of the game (PC, PS3 and XBOX 360) play, sound and look identical?
    4) Can you tell us a little bit about the online netcode? How different is it from RotF’s?
    5) Will this game feature a theater mode, allowing gamers to go back and view unlocked movies?
    6) Why didn’t Kmart & Sears get a playable character for an exclusive—Activision’s preorder page implies those who preorder from any of the 8 stores listed will get a playable character, not comic book.
    7) When will we hear word of Walmart, Target and Toys R Us’ exclusive preorder characters? Soon? At present the Autobots only have Jazz, while the Decepticons have Shockwave and Demolisher.
    8) Will High Moon Studios be releasing an OST in the future for fans of the music to purchase, and what about an art book? We’ve seen lots of conceptual pieces, much of which were nothing more than blurs, but I’m sure many of us would like to actually see them, frame them.
    9) Can you tell us the names of the voice actors involved in the game? Most of us already know Peter Cullen’s back, reprising the role of Optimus Prime, and some might have already heard that Johnny Yong Bosch is voicing Bumblebee, but who else is involved? Did Corey Burton voice Shockwave in Gamestop’s recent pre-order trailer?

Thanks in advance

5. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To answer for you.
    1. Because demo's are easier to put up on XBL than the PSN. And with the little time they have before launch they concentrated on the Xbox community, since that's the demographic they want anyway -- the gears fans.
    3. Yes
    5. Probably not, but why does it matter? play the game if you want to see it all again.
    6.No
    7. There are no other characters

6. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Warlord

News Credits:
    Questions I'll try asking myself or I hope someone else will ask:
    1) Why were the pre-order exclusive characters (Shockwave, Demolisher, Jazz) not made available for those of us who opted to get the PC version of the game?
    2) If there is going to be any future DLC content will it also be made available for the PC?
    3) What service (Window LIVE for Games, Steam, etc.) will be handling the PC version of War For Cybertron's online servers?
    4) Can the PC version be played with a gamepad instead of a mouse & keyboard?

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't need you to answer for me—if I had the answers I would ask posted my questions.

I would like someone to ASK the above questions for me, however.

As Matt Tieger is going to be taking part in the Q&A on behalf of High Moon Studios, I'd appreciate having answers from someone who has the actual answer. Not someone making shit up for giggles.

8. Optronix_prime

News Credits:
    I know your intentions, I just answered your questions for you since they were questions that already had answers.

THUS
    making it pointless to ask something that has already been answered

9. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whoever just plugged TFW on the live show.

*high five!*

10. Optronix_prime

News Credits:
    Yup good job Wes!

11. Nemesis*Prime

News Credits:
    That's me. I'm glad I was able to get all that in and I'm a little relieved that Matt is paying attention to the PC players as well, I really wanted to press him on whether or not the PC players would get access to these characters and if DLC would be available as well. Your welcome guys.

12. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I asked about working with Hasbro and if they had the toys. Wasted oppertunity but I wanted to satisfy my own curiosity. Sad that they don't have 'em yet. D:

EDIT: 360 exclusive demo guys. Sorry PS3 fans.

13. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    woo hoo demo tomorrow!

14. Nemesis*Prime

News Credits:
    XBOX 360 Demo is supposed to be available June 10th. I might try to download it unless I have to pay for it.

15. Kranix

Kranix Banned

they are just now trying to figure out the pre-order bonuses for pc gamers?

16. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just tuned in—I missed a lot, but even so, I did get to hear Kotaku.com ask if Corey Burton voiced Shockwave, and Matt doesn't actually know the voice actors name, but doesn't think it was Corey voicing the character.

Did anyone compile the Q&A?

17. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Drawing up some highlights as we listen:

*Escalation mode not exclusive to consoles, also available on PC. Everyone who appears in single player is available to choose from in Escalation (as well as whatever pre-order characters you may have).

*Currently trying to "figure out a way" to get the pre-order characters available for the PC as well. Currently there are somewhere around 10-12 characters on each side of Escalation.

*TFW got plugged by a caller. Thanks!

*No Dinobots in the game. Autobot campaign follows how Optimus becomes Prime, so they didn't want to cloud it with TOO many characters.

*Multiplayer not all that similar to previous TF games, took inspirations for character building from Modern Warfare, looked at Team Fortress for class based games.

*In multiplayer if you max out every class/stat you can give it all up and gain "Prime" status (much like Prestige in Modern Warfare). This earns you a special icon. There is also a challenge system which earns you more XP much like in Modern Warfare (you can track your progress through Teletran 1).

*CO-OP is Drop-in/Drop-out 3 player. Difficulty will scale as more players are added. Emphasis in CO-OP on working together as a team. EX1 - Optimus has a War Cry special move that will help raise stats of teammates in range. EX2 - If a character goes down, you can revive that teammate, if you are using Ratchet he has a repair function that brings the character back faster, and use Ratchets forcefield to protect the fallen character.

*360 Multiplayer demo will feature Deathmatch and Conquest modes. Conquest involves capturing control nodes to take control of a majority of the map. Only 4 classes for Multiplayer and only 2 will be available for the demo: Scouts and Tanks. And the demo will be available for download on June 10th!

*Wii version developed by a different studio. Tangental story, but different gameplay and experience than the 360/PS3/PC game

18. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looking forward to the demo tomorrow...it's gonna be a long day at work :( 

19. Optronix_prime

News Credits:
    YES tommorow demo!
    So awesome!

20. Nemesis*Prime

News Credits:
    I told you that there was the possibility these characters wouldn't be offered for the PC gamers right off the bat. But I drove home my point during my call-in and Matt says he and the rest of the guys at High Moon want to make these characters available to us PC gamers so we just have to hope and wait.