KOs for MP-11 Skywarp/Thundercracker/Starscream/Coneheads + Variants

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ChromeMagnus, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Acayas

Acayas Member

Hello friends,

I am relatively new to the theme of MP Transformers and definitely too late into the field of Seekers. I already know that iGear is mostly out of bounds and that there are still some BB7/YesModel Seekers around on ebay. Reading into this thread I found out that YesModel is to prefer over KBB because some have plastic qualitiy problems.

Know I found an interesting ebay offer and I contacted the seller about some inconsistencies in title (says BB7), pictures (show BB7 box) and description (says made in china KBB factory). Here is their not very enlightening answer:

ebay01.jpg
    ebay02.jpg

I know you cannot trust pictures from a lot of ebay sellers but what is your opinion to this matter?

2. transformer_78

transformer_78 Well-Known Member

Left box could be a KO, right box is BB7/YesModel. SW was one of the first and other who’s box also says “BB7” on it.
    Yeah hard to determine which one this sellers is actually selling??

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  3. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd find someone else to buy from. That's the feeling I'm getting from all this.

4. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'd avoid them. Pics are sketchy and include a shot of what appears to be an original MP Skywarp...

5. Manuel Taker

Manuel Taker Well-Known Member

Better stay away from that seller, the mp11 direct KO is garbage, KBB is a hit and miss, mine came broken out of the box (the entire torso was broken), better wait for another run on yes model, considering the reissued their Screma i consider eventually they will take out TC and SW again

6. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now all you need are the fully poseable, high quality KFC hands. I've outfitted all of my Yes Model/BB7 conehead, and non-conehead seekers with these. They are available in the appropriate color for each seeker. They are well worth it.
    KFC - KP-14ND - Posable Hands for MP-11ND Masterpiece Dirge

The BB7 and KBB seekers KO's do not include the Takara style box being shown. The Takara box is only for the official Takara version and the lowest quality, straight up Takara KO's. I'd avoid buying from winwin2010 as it doesn't appear legit.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Acayas

Acayas Member

Thank you guys for all your feedback. Yeah, contradicting ebay offer title, pictures and PM answer are telling me also to look for something more definite.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

I couldnt find a thread for this figure yet, despite the fact that it has been on preorder for a year or so now. It finally arrived from Ohmyprimus. Shout-out to his fast delivery and great service. Currently available on ShowZ as well. Cant tell you much about the developmental phase. To be honest, i waited 2 years for no news. But its a real delight when it finally arrived. Written review and more pics when i finally get the time

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. transformer_78

So it finally got released..... I’m curious to hear your review. Especially the paint application.
    Thanks

10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I think it was on preorder for about 3 years, certain 2 years at least. At long last it has been released. Now we just need YM to do Starscream in the EXACT color deco as Takara MP-11.

11. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

Positives: the joints are nice and tight. Rachets are crisp and all friction joints are tight. They dont squeek, but they are tighter than the original yesmodel starscream.

The paint feels durable(the knees being the only exception) and really looks good. The black outline they used for the edges really make it look like a comic book still. The cell shading detail is well applied and doesnt feel messy or over-done. It looks metallic, but feels more matte. And it looks pretty good next to your other seekers too. Came packaged in black foam- feels premium, but the box itself was just a plain brown cupboard(as you'd expect from most KOs).

Only one major complaint: the shoulder rachet is painted red. Clearly, painting rachet teeth is a horrible idea. If you look closely, there are tiny paint chips on the red rachet teeth. Also, the black paint on the knees were extremely fragile. The grey bits on the knees indicate where black paint chipped off. Honestly, i havent transformed it because i am not so sure if the paint could hold up to transformation. I will eventually come round to doing it, and share pictures if i do.
    Also, just to clarify: there is no coronation accesories, so be mindful if you buy it. Some websites claimed this comes with coronation set, but there was no compartment in the box that indicates a coronation set could have fit in there.
    IMG_20200422_122557.jpg IMG_20200422_122459.jpg IMG_20200422_122419.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  12. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

I didn't even know this guy was a thing and coming. Thanks for posting it (Starscream G1 is my favorite character). Just got one ordered up at TD. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  13. abe_sapien

abe_sapien Well-Known Member

Where did the arm fillers and boot covers come from?

14. transformer_78

• Like Like x 1
  15. SuperGrimlock

SuperGrimlock Cybertron Driver License

Sooo, I missed the gold starscream? That sucks. But I guess if hotlink and Bitstream are possibly finally coming later this year I can deal with that. I need more seekers eventually.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  16. djtfmd

djtfmd Well-Known Member

which gold Starscream are you talking about? o_O 

17. SuperGrimlock

SuperGrimlock Cybertron Driver License

That one.

18. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    You're in luck.
    Transformer Yes Model YM YM-03G YM03G MP-11 MP11 Starscream Golden Version
    Pre-order YesModel YM-03G YM03G MP-11 MP11 Starscream Ko Golden Alloy Plating

• Like Like x 3
  19. BreakSilence

BreakSilence Well-Known Member

I am turning into a real Coneheads fan. I only have an original G1 Ramjet and I got the third party Pocket Toys Evil Sphere legend sized set. I have purchased the Toyworld Requiem but concede it will be some time before I complete the Toyworld set. I have noticed the KBB Coneheads are very cheap and have read through numerous pages on here. Whilst I really like the look of the Yes Model and Maketoys stuff the price of both where I am is very expensive and I'm committing to the Toyworld set but are the KBB figures worth getting? I have a TT KO of MP Starscream and it is really poor quality and easily the worst purchase I've made. Are the KBB figures on that level? Because even if they are cheap I don't want more of that KO Starscream crap.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Guapisimo

Guapisimo Goldmember

I love my KBB seekers. The only one I’ve had trouble with was Thundercracker which was made from some some weird brittle waxy plastic. The Starscream and Skywarp are really nice in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1