KOs for MP-11 Skywarp/Thundercracker/Starscream/Coneheads + Variants

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ChromeMagnus, Jan 11, 2016.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any info on the cost of each seeker?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2016
  2. OptimusNerd

OptimusNerd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope, although TF-direct states that they are working hard (their words, from my memory of a reply to a FB comment) to get some firm numbers from the factory/supplier.

Attached Files:

3. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I hope the price and quality is well worth the wait. I really don't want to drop $200+ for Takara's official MP-11T Thundercracker. All I need is Thundercracker to complete my MP-11x (non-conehead) trio.

4. ronin4375

ronin4375 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If a KO MP 10 is $99 or under then KO MP 11 should be under that price. I hope it's cheaper than $90. If not I'll wait for Hasbro Skywarp.

5. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Transform and Roll Out!

From what I heard Hasbro won't be doing a Skywarp. That the one we got was going to be more or less it from TT. Which I wish I could remember who said it, or where I seen it. But here is to hoping.

As for the KO's of MP-11. I would not mind an $80-$100 price tag. Still a pretty good range in price to not be 'over or under' priced.

Best Regards,

6. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I'm really hoping these come in at somewhere between $60-$100, considering they're KOs as that is about the price I could justify to myself and my wallet. I'm torn between this and Maketoys' eventual Seekers mold, I may just lean that way if the Maketoys mold turns out to be in a similar price range.
    EDIT: Edited my post to be back on topic, not to lend any credence to a very rude argument.

7. SuperGrimlock

SuperGrimlock Cybertron Driver License

$80 is my limit for these. Not a penny more. Even at that relatively low cost, with all the repaints they should turn quite the profit. Make a seeker in every color of the rainbow, I will give it a name myself if I have to... :) 

8. OptimusNerd

News Credits:
    Well I hope you're right... but given they are 2x the size of carbots... which sell for $40... $80 would be an ideal reasonable amount and come in below the quoted $100 for KO MP-10...

But, we don't live in a reasonable world. If I was a KO producer and the real thing was selling for $150-$300... and I could tweak a few QC and fan-wishes... I'd very happily sell for $100+ because people would buy.

But, once they started churning these out reliably, the oversupply will keep prices level. People with the "real versions" will still be happy because for someone willing to spend $200+ on a seeker now, they will generally want the more rare item. Everyone's happy.

9. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Yeah, I occasionally post on this forum and the absolutely lovely fanbase is more than enough proof of that... It'll more than likely sell on the higher end if it's of any quality, but I could see it really doing well at around $80, mostly because that's about the price I'd be personally willing to pay for a KO, unless it was really, really good. It's slightly off topic, but Maketoys' eventual seeker release's price could easily effect this ones' sales if they're released around the same time. I'd be more willing to pay upwards of $100-150 for a new mold, and while Maketoys has been pretty reasonable with their pricing in the past I see no reason why they wouldn't sell it for the going MP Seeker rate of ~$200. I mean, I personally wouldn't pay that price, but a lot of others probably would. I am actually kind of hoping they release around the same time so competition drives the price down. I personally think higher production runs at lower costs would ultimately benefit third party companies, but time will tell if that's true. There's definitely a market for Seekers, especially given how high priced the official ones are so whichever company comes out on top in that race stands to make a decent profit.

10. MattOnCybertron

MattOnCybertron Well-Known Member

kinda bummed it's gonna be Starscream first instead of Skywarp/Thundercracker like we thought, but it's also sort of nice to see a first run with someone I'm not hunting for to hear about the quality before ordering

11. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Carbots end up being like $30 if you don't buy right away. Not sure why anyone would pay $40 when you can get the real deal way earlier for like an extra $10 or $15 shipped.

12. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I wonder if they are rushing Starscream out due to the rumoured MP-11 reissue?

13. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I feel the same way.

If the quality is high and cost is low, that'll be a great incentive to get a few of these as MP Decepticon troop builders.....basically generic nameless seekers like we saw in the first few episodes of G1 season 1.

This is news to me. There's gonna be a 2nd official Takara MP-11 Coronation Starscream reissue? Is there a link?

14. LongHaul1984

LongHaul1984 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Like Optimus Dime said... Hasbro is not going to release a MP 11SW to the USA market.:cry  I contacted them back in January and begged them to release him officially here and they said they have no plans to do so. Maybe Takara someday will since he wasn't released in Japan either and there market demanding it more than the USA so maybe.:(  Like lordcryotek said if it wasn't for the damn bloodsucking scalpers who prowl the toy stores and online retailers maybe there would still be some floating around at just 200 USD's and not 500+ Let's hope the KO Skywarp's are the same quality and identical to the Hasbro Asia one's. I know I am game. Even if I have to pay close to 200 USD's for it. MP 11T I am not caring that much about. Even though that always won't be the case there are still plenty of MP 11T's floating around at retail sites for 200 if like myself you don't mind paying that is. But I still might be game for Thundercracker if the KO price is right.:D  I might consider getting Acidstorm and Sunstorm as well. I myself like the digital camo one better that Hasbro released but the plain green looks cool as hell two. Might get both since I don't have the Hasbro one either. Since I like to have all the versions of a toy if my pitiful little budget allows me to do so.:) 

"Sleep Tight Earth Creatures. Your Awakening Shall Be Rude." Long Haul in Five Faces Of Darkness

15. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    i have a feeling apart from the coneheads there will be no more mp11 releases from hastak

16. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I paid 70 for Hasbro tc. I'd consider skywarp for 60 or less lol.

17. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Or since some of MTs offerings are in the process of being KO'd, maybe their seekers will be too.

18. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

When is Howling Meteor's suspected release date? Going by MT's pricing of their headmasters, Howling Meteor is probably going to be ~$150, maybe higher depending on how big they make him. The teaser I've seen of him on Maketoys' site makes him look better proportioned than the MP mold and I'd definitely be interested in a slightly cheaper KO of a decent quality, though I imagine we'll have to wait a good while after Maketoys actually releases the mold to see it KO'd. I'm nearing the end of my collecting, once I get a good rendition of the seeker trio, alongside Overlord (Carnifex is a figure I'd be willing to pay $200 for, if I had the money), a good G1 Megatron, Soundwave, Shockwave, and the remaining Decepticon combiners I'm likely to stop collecting entirely as I don't really have room for much of anything else.

19. OptimusNerd

News Credits:
    Yeah, sorry - I sometimes forget to specify currencies when I start stating numbers. I buy in both USD and AUD so sometimes the numbers get mixed up in my head.

20. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    TCracker mentioned it about a month or so ago in the MP speculation thread.