Korea Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Super_Megatron, Nov 4, 2008.

1. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

My trip to Seoul and Busan is next week. Thanks, KTRBrickBot. I'm hoping to find some older Tobot figures and see various Korean robot toys. Sounds like it's pretty dry out there.

2. testrun

testrun Well-Known Member

Anybody have any recommendations on where to buy transformers or marvel legends and the like around seoul?

3. KTRBrickBot

KTRBrickBot Korean "Transformer" afficionado

There is a place in Dongdaemun with several toy markets. And there is one particular store that holds vintage Korean and Japanese toys, such as Brave and Transfomers from the 90s and early 2000s.

Visit Seoul - Changsin-dong Toy Wholesale Market

• Like Like x 1
  4. testrun

testrun Well-Known Member

Thanks mate. Any other recommendations around seoul? I'm particularly interested in marvel legends or transformers stuff

5. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

I went to Yongsan the toy floor, a Lotte Mart, and Changsin dong. If you're looking for transformers and marvel Legends, I say give up. You're not going to find anything special. On the other hand I went nuts buying obscure Korean robots. It was hard not buying more and the prices are so good.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. KTRBrickBot

KTRBrickBot Korean "Transformer" afficionado

Glad to see you found the Dongdaemun market. I made several trips there, and I remember seeing several rarities I regretted not getting after they were gone the next time. Did you also browse that one store with vintage 90s toys?

7. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

I don't think so. I did pretty much every store with robots, but I don't remember one like that. I still have one more day in Korea at the end of my trip so I might drop in again.

8. EricB

EricB New Member

Just an update on the scene in Korea:

As others have mentioned, department stores like Emart don’t really have anything. They had some Transformers in stock back when there was a current movie, but they are completely gone now.

Toys R Us in Jamsil doubled in size recently. Unfortunately all they have for Transformers is a bunch of “The Last Knight” stuff.

Some of the shops in Kukje Electronics Center near Nambu Terminal (Subway Line 3) sell Masterpiece Transformers and a few other lines. I can across a Masterpiece Sideswipe, an Ultra Magnus, and a Beast Wars Prime. The Sideswipe and Ultra Magnus were selling for slightly cheaper than they go for online so I decided to pick up a Sideswipe.

Overall, pretty weak selection but it was nice to see some Masterpieces in person.

Edit: Another update after some further searching. Toys R Us in Songdo also has a ton of “The Last Knight” Transformers and nothing else.
    Curiously, Electro Mart at Dongchun Station has the trailer for the Wei Jiang MPP10 Optimus Prime but not Prime himself. I almost bought it thinking it was the whole thing (it is selling for ₩140,000 or about $130), but a quick bit of online research convinced me otherwise. They also had a few other (movie-based) Wei Jiang figures.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1