KO Warbotron Bruticus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by OriginalFire, Apr 8, 2016.

1. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just wish, after 3 versions of this mold, that someone would do new shoulders for Brawl.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    God of War Nightingale arrived in the mail! Solid unit. Get it.

[​IMG]

3. BrooklynBombers

BrooklynBombers Well-Known Member

It looks like the Machine Boy Onslaught is in the same color scheme as the Wukong/Original Onslaught.. anyone know if that's the case?

4. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All the promo images of the Machine Boy toys are in Warbotron colors, because they just take pictures of the Warbotron toys. Even the collector card for Nightingale has a picture of Warbotron Whirlwind on it!

So I would say we have no idea what colors it will come in.

5. GammaRay

GammaRay Well-Known Member

So verdict seems to be that Nightenvortex is pretty decent then?

6. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't suppose you have the original to do direct comparisons to? Well, I guess for $25 it's as good as it'll get. Not sure what the source colours are but it'll be great if they did a true G2 variation.

7. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Frooticus, I believe. Those have been the secondary colors for Bruticus for a while now, strangely enough.

8. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, but it's better quality than the Machine Boy Green Ghost and a better design than Machine Boy Savior and Ironhand.

Blue Vortex works for people looking to make Whirl, Rotorstorm and G2 Vortex.

9. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I went out and played with Nightingale during my lunch break. Mostly looked at vehicle mode. It seems to have the same exact flaws as the original, that the main rotor lacks clearance with the tail rotor. Also the holes for placing in the tail fins are tight, but I can loosen them before I break something.

[​IMG]

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Got Blastoff and Vortex today. Quality is really good for the price, feels better than some official 3P pieces. I'm so impressed I ordered Swindle and Brawl too. Cant wait for Onslaught

11. dragontype

dragontype Well-Known Member

I'd get a Fierce Attack if the KO company improves on those combiner ratchets for the feet.

12. Warwolf1980

Warwolf1980 New Member

I ordered vortex, blast off, brawl and swindle from eBay and just got them today. Haven't really messed with them but from what I can tell all of the figures are very good. Plastic seems strong, the figures have some good heft to them. Very happy with them thus far.

13. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    How are you guys getting yours so fast? I bought a Swindle on eBay on the 6th, and the tracking says it's at a sorting center in NY. I'm not expecting it until late next week at the earliest.

14. azdragon58

azdragon58 Well-Known Member

I right there with you bud... Mine has been sitting in LA for the past week, this sucks...

15. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

Those sorting centers are terrible. Sometimes I have packages go through them in one day, sometimes it can take almost a month. I guess its all luck based.

I just ordered vortex and blast off. I already had swindle and brawn but had given up on this set. For that price I'm definitely back in. Does this not Blast Off have the v2 ratcheting chest?

16. Turakonin Prime

Turakonin Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It should be less in price. I'll keep waiting

17. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Well, at least I'm not super impatient for Swindle. I already have the WuKong KOs of all four limbs and a genuine Warbotron Fierce Attack. I bought the MB Swindle partly out of curiosity, and partly to repaint and mod his gun into 'toon-style arm cannon for the WK one. If he's good, though, I'll probably get the rest of the MB set. One can never have to many Bruticuses... Brutici?

18. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like!

19. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

News Credits:
    Despite their weird-ass colors, I'm intrigued by these figures. They look well-made and are cheaper than even the wukong KOs -- almost cheap enough to justify a frivolous impulse buy.

The response so far has been promising, but I'm going to wait for a few more photos/comparisons/reviews before I pull any triggers. If you get them, please share your thoughts!

I'm not a stickler for geewun or any specific identity, but I still wish they had gone for something a little less...bright. Although they are cheap enough to maybe justify some slapdash paint wash to dull them down a little...

20. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

I've been thinking about this the last few days.. I think I'll pass on "Swindle" and "Blast-off" for now until we see MB's final production pics of "Onslaught". Definitely planning on picking up "Brawl" when I get home this weekend (easier to justify $23 for a figure that needs repainting than $65+ for a slightly darker tank mode with a bot mode that STILL isn't toon accurate), but I may buy "Vortex" and use him as a background character.

The more I look at "Vortex", the more I see Gobot's Flip Top. I thought, if I end up replacing him down the road with an official Vortex or Titan Bruticus, maybe I'll just say Guardian Flip Top joined the Autobots after Megatron destroyed all of the other "Gobots".

*edit* - It just dawned on me, does the Machine Boy Swindle have a different transformation for the upper chest, or have images just been taken of him mis-transformed? I hadn't realized how different this one's upper body is compared to the Official Warbotron or Wukong versions.