KO Warbotron Bruticus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by OriginalFire, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I had to be super super picky (and I don't know if they ever fixed any of these issues) about the Machine Boy set ; and I really do mean SUPER PICKY.

I could say that the wheels on the Onslaught that move are quite loose when you move them from one place to another compared to the legit one.

That the blue Helicopter has some minor tolerance issues that require some sanding to get everything to fit smoothly (like the tail pieces), the pinned hinge on the shuttle arms is pretty loose. as is the torso hinge on the helicoper where as it locks solidly on the legit one. also when you extend the guns on the legit shuttle then usually stay in they often come out on the MB one. sometimes the hinge on the chest of the shuttle disenges and the end piece falls off.

Some versions can be hard to disassemble when de-combing them too they can get stuck. (especially the arms) it's not because of the locking button it's because of the ports and holes being to tight. The same issue is present on the original too though. and until you fix the shuttle it's even worse on the original (pretty easy fix you just take the top plate off the alternative torso's combiner port and swap it with the other one (as it's smaller).

(depending on what Torso you are using). Overall though I can't say I had a worse time with the Machine boy and only the helicopter requires fixing really - though the heel spurs on the MB tank are not great either.

2. fpjones3

fpjones3 Well-Known Schmuck

+1 fluke. Can you still get a replacement?

That's one ugly af 'bot mode. lol

3. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    Ok finally managed to get him stand on his own. But the combined hips still worry me as he is still unstable. I'll either need to see if I can luck out and buy another Onslaught with stronger ones or Open him up and apply Nail Polish throughout the whole thing.

Not really. I'll just make do till I can buy another Onslaught.

Attached Files:

4. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i've always wanted a modern military deco, Onslaught, Swindle and Brawl in desert tan(we don't have a vehicles camo anymore) remold blastoff into his hasbro jet and make it grey like us military fighter jets as well as Vortex
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    we dont even wear this uniform anymore but this was the best het and tank photo i could find
    [​IMG]
    those are what i want out of bruticus since i've driven 3 out of 5 of him all in this tan color

• Like Like x 3
  5. Max Tower

News Credits:
    Well the Operation Combination Tank would be a white- sand colour and one of the Ruination colour schemes is sandy deco with an almost tiger stripe look. I'm keen to see the Urban / snow camo unifed colour scheme in grey - but it looks like the closest to your needs is the other Ruination gift set colours.

Some of the low end combiners (the sort you see on Sir toys) have unified colours such as there is a mostly blue military themed combiner for example or a set of green aircraft.

I guess that can always follow the growing trend for Black and Purple combiners with the Machine Boy moulds too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

One of these days I should complete the MB set. Maybe if Onslaught drops in price massively.

7. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i told myself i was gonna get the MB and do the Modern Repaint, but someone attacked me and made me buy a legit Warbo for the price it would cost the MB o_O  and i don't think i'm brave enough to paint the real one

8. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

Glad you made it out of that one alive!

I just remembered my MB Blast Off is broken so I'd need to replace that guy as well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. fpjones3

fpjones3 Well-Known Schmuck

Might I suggest going for the Jinbao set, especially if you have a CW Devy.

It's almost twice the size of MB at roughly the same amount. I just couldn't make the jump myself because I already bought the limbs and was just waiting for Onslaught.

10. Psvforever

Psvforever Active Member

Finally completed my Ko machine boy fruiticus however he’s missing the left and right hands, I may have lost them over the last 3 years, is there any alternative to these hands I can source? Or does anyone have them for sale? Thanks guys

11. Max Tower

News Credits:
    With so many moulds you'd think someone would have repainted it by now - I'm still waiting on the grey repaint to get released of what I think is the overscale version - but Baldigus or proper G2 colours seems like a thing the Machine Boy version could have easiliy enough. I'd even buy the simplified metal one if it came in a distinct alternative colour scheme.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I think a Battle Gaia would’ve been wicked.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bips

Bips Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What is the general consensus on the yuexing version (is this the one with diecast)?

Also opinions on mbd, I would be interested in the jinbao, but it's just too big.

14. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think yuexing one is pretty bad (I don't own one, but read some review), even it added some diecast, but it's a simplified version.

15. Manuel Taker

Manuel Taker Well-Known Member

Yuexing is a good figure for the price, but dont pay more than $80 for the set, not worthy. I made a small review when i had the chance to get a set myself

16. Stykthyn

Stykthyn Well-Known Member

I have the die-cast version but onslaught broke. Is the combiner ports the same across the different companies?

17. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Yes, except the OS one is OS.

18. Bips

Bips Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I received my MB Onslaught yesterday, was really impressed and then a ratchet broke in the waist section, so he has floppy legs. I'll try and fix it tomorrow, but uhh not looking so good.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bips

Bips Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone know how the waist assembly fits together? I'm unsure about the ratchet placement
    20200831_101930.jpg

20. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

Machine Boy version has not diecast and should be lighter. JinBao OS Warbotron is splendid but maybe is a pain to dissassemble just as their Gravity Builder,and his hips become loose.
    Considering this and I'd like a Bruticus to transform often, do you suggest me again Machine boy version?I search for a cheap Bruticus so Warbotron although aged is OK ,I just wanted to know which KO version to choose between these 2.

Thanks again!