KO upscaled Feral Rex/Predaking and Catilla

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Dec 12, 2015.

1. cxb452

cxb452 Member

Real quick question, but does anyone (person, company, etc) make the upgrade kits for these oversized KO's? I'm a little late to the game when it comes to these KO's (the Uranos and Hercules ones look awesome) so perhaps this has already been answered but I figured I'd ask anyway.

2. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    got my oversized felisaber today. his headsculpt is kinda derpy, but not nearly as bad as the leg bots. his cat head literally doesn't stay on the chest though, might have to glue it together. also a shame he lacks wrist swivels. someone's doing an upgrade kit for these guys, right?

the cat mode leaves a lot to be desired. that backside is fugly. glad i didn't
    pay $80 for the original.

also, his slider part that the cathead attaches to barely fit into the chest, had to shave it down to fit it back in.

3. kenmasters34

kenmasters34 Well-Known Member

Got my second half of Predaking. Yeah, this thing is pretty awesome combined. The leg guys have giant heads. Especially Tantrum.

As far as issues I had for Tantrum, divebomb and headstrong. Divebombs leg door was cracked on the inside. Tantrums foot post was broken(His foot, not predaking's).

I am just going to keep him in predaking mode, so its not super important. Overall really happy with this beast. I just have to get some rubber feet to keep him from doing the splits.

In ultimate mode, he is very heavy. He cannot hold the sword or gun up, the arms just go down due to the weight. The joints seemed tight, until it together. Just a lot of weight for the sword, gun and a sixth predacon.

4. kenmasters34

Here are some pics of my Jinbao into the sky. Overall, really happy, despite all of the minor issues. I will probably paint the gun. I got the image links to work. Hopefully I didnt break some flikr rules or something

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  5. djmajin

djmajin Masterpiece Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    the heads are comically big, I didnt have any issues except for Tigris Tiger head came apart but was an easy fix.

The sword is just too big

when you compare the original and feral rex the sword is different proportions

I added rubber pads on the feet and no more splits

6. kenmasters34

Yeah, even the Beast head(Rhino/Bull) are excessively large.

I dont mind the oversized sword, if he could hold it up.

7. TF4me

TF4me Well-Known Member

I ordered this on the 18th of December from Paul at Sirtoys via EMS shipping.

Three weeks pass without any shipping confirmation.

And it finally shipped today from China...wow. That's some awesome service that I will never pay for again. I would have went through Ebay if I knew I would be getting this type of service (and some lube).

F@#King BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. kenmasters34

I bought mine from Ebay/China on Dec 22nd. It was shipped on the 26th and delivered today.

It arrived with some issues, but overall I am happy. The packaging was not great though. It was in Styrofoam, and taped all around. NO cardboard.

The first half was okay, the second half was crushed a little. But there wasnt any damage attributable to the packaging.

9. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just curious, did you actually check the tracking number to see when it was really shipped? I usually get my shipping notifications well after it was really shipped. I ordered mine on the 18th as well, along with 5 other figures, and they arrived last Thursday. Maybe yours is closer than you think. Anyway, I've found Sirtoys to be great, and will always buy from him before ebay if given the option.

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I ordered mine on the 18th too, it was marked shipped over a week ago but only actually shipped yesterday. Its still probably over a week out. I will say that I've ordered from Paul several times and this is the first and only time I've seen significant delay in shipping. It is far from the norm.

I can only assume that he accidentally oversold the item and as a result had to source extra stock asap. I'm impatient too, but you'll get your item. Just give it time. If anything goes wrong during the shipping process your choice of retailer also netted you the ability to have those issues fixed without lengthy PayPal disputes.

11. robh

robh Decepticon

I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered the day he posted it, just got tracking today, and tracking said it just shipped today... Unusual for Sirtoys. Can't say I'm super excited about it. At least I know I'll get the product, it will be in good shape, or if it's damaged, Paul will take care of it. That is more than I can say about a lot of the sellers there. On the fence with this particular transaction.

12. Tef

Tef Well-Known Member

SAME story here :(  ordered on Dec. 16... says it shipped from china Today....

WTF seriously??? WHY was it saying "status shipped" since 2 weeks ago?? Did Paul Lied about it so that we dont order from someone else while he waits for restock?? This is bad service :(  would've prefered honest message at least...

13. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

Mine arrives tomorrow. Super excited... Except for the gorilla arm syndrome. Wonder how to fix. Or modify.

14. Last Laugh

Last Laugh Well-Known Member

I sure like the Nero Rex version better. I'd buy two if they did that...

15. monk1210

monk1210 Robotaku

I'd definitely be in for an oversized Nero Rex. I'll bet we see one.

16. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just ordered this guy from smartlulup2010 *same guy that I bought KO megatron from*. Has anyone else ordered this from him and had good luck, anything lost in the mail? XD

17. monk1210

monk1210 Robotaku

I ordered from the same seller mid December. Got it Jan 2, so took a couple weeks and that included post office being closed on Xmas and New Year's Day, so hopefully you'll get yours in less than a couple weeks.

Packaging wise, basically all in a big box wrapped in plastic or bubble wrap. Some plastic trays thrown in as cushion. Wings came separated from Talon, so I had to attach those with screws that were included (easy assembly). Also had to attach Felisaber and Tigris' heads to the chests.

Nothing broken, nothing missing in my shipment. Hope yours is the same.

18. TF4me

TF4me Well-Known Member

You're lucky the seller didn't sit on your money for three weeks :) 
    And you are also lucky you ordered yours later and got it earlier than me lol! I'll go the ebay route next time.

I actually contacted him asking for the tracking since three weeks passed and no tracking from him. Mine just said "Acceptance" on Jan 4th, so nope mine is not closer than I think ;) 

"marked shipped over a week ago but only actually shipped yesterday"

SMH

I'm not too happy about this particular transaction...

I have a feeling he chewed off more than he could chew on the demand of these. Just like the lot of us who were left with no real idea on what the F was going on...Paul should have contacted us and tell us the truth on on his situation and given the option of getting a refund and go another route on getting one if we wanted....not sit on our money for three weeks and wonder when the heck we would get the item.

I DIDN'T KNOW I paid for a "pre order." Because that's what it is....LOL!

19. TF4me

TF4me Well-Known Member

That's the route I'll be taking next time...

20. djmajin

djmajin Masterpiece Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    to think i was kicking myself for going with smartlulup2010 on ebay instead of sirtoys and it arrived in 4 days after i ordered