KO upscaled Feral Rex/Predaking and Catilla

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Dec 12, 2015.

1. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Gotta watch what u buy. I bought 2 items in October and when I didn't get them I began a report to ebay and learned that both sellers were no longer registered with ebay. Sometimes it's better to spend a little more and have peace of mind. Losing $70 isn't worth it

2. mwm

mwm Well-Known Member

These sets must really be hit or miss. Mine doesn't have any of the split heads issues and the only assembly I had to do was snapping the tiger heads back on their ball joints and attaching the wings to Divebomb's backpack.
    There are a couple of spots with stress marks from over tightened screws, and the feet don't seem to hold in place in animal or limb mode as well as they could. Otherwise, these are great and in combined mode just as stable as Hasbro's Metroplex or some of the other 3P combiners I have had or messed with.
    I did order from lulu on eBay, and tracking and packing could be better, but it arrived in decent shape.

3. evilomar

evilomar Active Member

I ordered one from that seller yesterday. It said it shipped today with no tracking number. Estimated sometime between Jan 22nd and February 23rd. I guess I will now play the waiting game.

4. USMCPrime

USMCPrime sky-dweller

I think you are right. Like i said a few pages back. Mine had minor issues, but all in all, everything about mine was great. Just the pin left out of the shoulder and that was an easy fix. Like any ko, sometimes you get lucky and get a good production and sometimes you get one where the arm snaps off. Luck of the draw it seems?

5. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Paul is sending a replacement rhino head. :) 

6. djmajin

djmajin Masterpiece Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I got a good one from smartulup on ebay
    [​IMG]

I noticed that Bovis' and Fortis' hind legs were swapped in the making

7. kenmasters34

kenmasters34 Well-Known Member

Got HALF of my KO predaking today from HZJ401 on ebay on Dec 22. The packaging wasnt great, the seller packed it in a styrofoam shell(to be fair, very strong for styrofoam) with tape all over it. But it made it here...I guess thats the important part.

The other half wont arrive till Monday/Tues. So hopefully they arrive on Monday. Here is a gripes about the parts I got, which are:

1) Felisaber
    2) Razorclaw
    3) Rampage
    4) Most parts to the monster sword and some guns. No hands or feet.

Felisaber has no issues that I can see. Rampage had an issue with his panther head being stuck in the wrong position, so I couldnt move it up or down. The fix was to wiggle the bar, and the Predaking arm connector, and it was free.

Razor claw has some issues though :( .
    1) The gold on his main is scratched
    2) The Predaking head is really big and was stuck inside of the body. The fix was to twist the head side to side while pulling it out of the body.
    3) The left shoulder was separating, but just needed to tighten the screws.
    4) I couldnt attach Felisaber and Rampage to the posts. The fix was to attach them to the leg posts, to loosen them up a hair, then put them on the arm posts
    5) I do wish his main was a little smaller. It gets in the way of the Predaking arms and makes the main vulnerable, if you are not careful moving Predakings arms around.
    6) The major issue for me is the Arms. There is an articulation point on upper elbow that should bend, but was stuck on some posts. The work around, The arm is just held in place with a tab, so I just pulled the arms out of the tab.*

Overall, though, Its really nice.

Also what am I supposed to do about the robot heads(for felisaber and Rampage in Predaking mode, just have them look into the sky?

Edit. I ended up just forcing Razorclaws upper elbow joint(with razorclaws arm removed). It caused some stress marks. But it didnt break.

8. cxb452

cxb452 Member

I grabbed one of these and got it Wednesday. After taking some time to look him over, I have to say I'm happy with what I got. I knew it was a KO and I've bought them in the past, so I was ready for cheap-o plastic, misassembled arms/legs, horrible paint apps, etc. My doesn't suffer from any of these, and is the best KO I've every purchased. The plastic is not the highest quality, but I knew it wouldn't be. Everything was assembled correctly and he looks like Feral Rex. I don't have the original so I have zero to compare with, but judging from side by side comparisons, I'm happy with the engineering. He doesn't stand to well, and the hollow hands are a bummer, but perhaps someone will make a fix for him. Overall, I'm very happy with what I bought and after seeing the KO for Uranos, I'm looking forward to future KO's of third party toys; it's the only way I can afford them.

9. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Ugh, I thought I was out on this KO but that photo is drawing me back in..

10. robh

robh Decepticon

For what it's worth, legit Rex doesn't stand so well either! He can make some of the most dynamic poses I've seen but it's a pain in the butt to get him in those and get him stable.

11. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

Yep, there's a good deal, and then there's a dishonest EBAY seller that may seem legit (because they have 300 transactions) but they're just fraudsters making a quick buck.

12. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

You just got hosed!

13. monk1210

monk1210 Robotaku

Got mine today. Now I'm not a diehard TF person. I have lots of TFs, but I collect mostly Sentai (Power Rangers), Super Robot, and combiners outside of TFs. So my impression may differ from a hardcore TF collector. My thoughts on KOO Feral Rex: fucking awesome. I've been looking for a badass Predaking, and I always dug the look and Feral Rex, but the size and price kept me away. But this piece is absolutely what I was needing for my collection. Does have a couple QC issues, but minor in the overall scheme.

For those that do have theirs, I can't seem to peg the legs straight in. I have to angle Leo Dux's pegs a notch and also turn Fortis/Bovis ports a notch. If I try to connect leaving the connections straight up and down, Fortis/Bovis heads get forced forward. Know what mean?

14. robh

robh Decepticon

ugh... i really wish mine would get here!

15. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's a question, for those of you who are very creative with your displays, is there anyway to fit UW Devastator in there? Keep in mind I'm also keeping space for Cyclonus (between Galvatron and Scourge) and Shockwave (behind Megatron).

Attached Files:

16. Omega Riz

Omega Riz Well-Known Member

Are those legs on the "short" height setting?

17. monk1210

monk1210 Robotaku

Loving this big guy!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How's about having him climb up to the shelf?

19. monk1210

monk1210 Robotaku

Some quick size comparison shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Just got my shipping confirmation. Or part of it at least, says it shipped, no tracking number yet. Not sure what that's about but eh, it's on the way regardless.

So on that note is there anyone else who's still looking for a loose KO Felisaber? Once I get the set in hand I'm looking to sell mine.