KO undersize Voyager mps

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by AnegefalosGR, Apr 11, 2017.

1. 52gdpl

52gdpl Well-Known Member

Stand in till we get MP36V or whatever voyager MP style megs we can get...[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    any news? :D .

we need a MP Soundwave Voyager regardless.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in seeing some more downscaled MPs, but at this pace this is going I'm iffy about it.

Kinda feel like, in terms of having really good 6' scale G1 guys, we might be better off with upscaled/improved Legends size figures or entirely new molds. Given the reports of parts breaking off MP-10v, I feel like that would only get worse with molds like Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    mine has been perfect, but yeah, i've read a lot of reports from it, i think they used bigger screws thanthey should, but the reasons are variable.

5. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    I don't understand why ko and 3p won't do more voyagers

• Like Like x 4
  6. Cosbydaf

My thoughts on it;

1. Easier to sell a $90 MP figure than a $60 Voyager/$40 Deluxe. I might actually go for it, if a company made a concerted effort to do really good G1 characters in scale with each other at those prices.

2. 3rd party figures really skyrocketed by making additional Masterpiece characters, since for a long time there weren't many official ones and so there was a lot to cover. It blossomed into a beautiful thing and now a lot of collectors have amazing MP collections. However at this point, nearly all the major G1 characters have an MP style figure either already existing or in development.

3. Not wanting to compete directly with Hasbro, like if they put out a Voyager Shockwave and then a few months later Hasbro (FINALLY) releases one at 1/3rd of the cost, it would undercut their sales. But Hasbro isn't really giving their A game lately with this POTP line, and the older figures aren't flawless either. it's not like Classics Ironhide nailed the character and there's no demand for a new one.

I'd rather pay more for a 3p Shockwave whose focus was making a really good adaption of the character, than a sticker-laden dope with awful proportions and forced in combiner gimmick.

4. The companies that are making Voyager scale figures have a different aesthetic going on - Cross Dimension's anime-esque stuff, MMC's IDW based designs, Planet X's Cybertron game designs. I'm not sure why nobody is making G1 asethetic at this scale, but at this rate I feel like it's inevitable.

• Like Like x 7
  7. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Well put :)  pretty hyped still over all my dx9 legends right now so I can wait.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I’m hyped over the mft oversized legends right now. Deluxe sized dx9 Dinobots um yes please. This mpV shit is dead in the water

• Like Like x 2
  9. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    1cm difference or not I want those mft seekers too :) 

10. Cosbydaf

Those caught my attention too. War in Pocket Seekers are extremely cool looking for such a small size, I don't own any but just in terms of appearance I'd say they're the best looking Seekers aside from MP/Howling Meteor.

• Like Like x 3
  11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If we ever get a downsized MP line in the appropriate scale by a 3P company, I will get rid of the revelant CHUG counterpart. IMO its a money spinner.

Example, I'm using this Optimus in my CHUG collection.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Same here. I don't see why not a single third party ever bothered.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Honestly, I'd rather not to have to worry about how fragile would be MP36 downscaled to Voyager size.

• Like Like x 3
  14. fpjones3

fpjones3 Well-Known Schmuck

Maybe it's just me but I'm on the fence between waiting for more KBB releases and jumping to the legends courtesy of MFT/MS and Hot Soldiers.

• Like Like x 3
  15. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

I'm done waiting. I am selling all my CHUG and making the switch to MP scale.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cosbydaf

From what I've seen, all the MP Megatrons are too fiddly for downscaling to work. So many thin little plastic bits that could snap off.

• Like Like x 4
  17. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm just curious too. It's just a niche just waiting to be filled.

It doesn't just have to be a downsizing of the MP line...just make G1 figures with improved toy engineering in the appropriate scale and it will sell.

Yeah, I can see the concern about downsizing MP36. Its nerve wrecking each time he undergoes the transformation for me.

At times I want to but sometimes I still don't have confidence in the chroming process.

So far it seems that MP that have been 'chromed' in Vietnam factories tend to tarnish but those chromed in the China factories tend to last better.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I mean, they get into the ring with Takara and two to four other companies for MP Springer, Megatron, Shockwave, Trailcutter, Inferno...
    But they're afraid to go up against Hasbro with an MPisch chug scaled (chug doesn't have a sc...) shut up! toyline.
    Pfft. Pathetic.

19. Cosbydaf

I don't think it's a case of being afraid, since "Let's make G1 characters that fit in with the mainline figures, but are more accurate and high-quality" is hardly a risky venture. I thought it was more about all these companies jumping on the MP gravy train because that's where the money is.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Small MPs are tricky. Personally, I have a G1 / Classics / MP collection. So if I put MP Prime with the Classics, then MP Prime alone will be repetitive. Having said that, the idea is not a bad one if the price is right.

But I can see why they haven't done it.