KO Transmetal 2 Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dark Galvatron, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Dark Galvatron

Dark Galvatron Banned

Heya, Dark Galvatron here once again, with another review on yet another KO figure for the Transformers line. Today, this is an interesting figure, and its the Transmetal 2 Megatron dragon figure. Here are the pics...

Megatron's Red Body
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Grey Version, which I have named "Galvatron"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, onto the review:
    From what I can see in beast mode, this KO seems to retain almost all of Megatron's physical features without any slight alterations of any kind. Though I've never owned Transmetal 2 Megatron, there were times that I wanted one, but due to my ex stepfather and his belief that dragons are of the devil, sadly, I never got one. Thankfully, Mom came through for me with both versions. Back on topic, the red dragon seems to be very nicely done with a bit of a metallic pink sprayed on the head and abdomen area, but at the same time, missing some paint on the wings and the tail. Moving along, this figure sports the "Deploying Wings" gimmick, both in beast and robot modes, as does the grey dragon. The only thing that this toy lacks is the thrashing dragon neck feature and firing missiles. Also, it can be converted into "Vehicle Mode" for both figures, but I chose to skip Vehicle Mode.

Now onto robot mode. In my own view, the red version seems to be a more show accurate figure, with the orange visor and all. Then you have Galvatron who is very nicely done as well. According to what I was looking over however, the original mold for Transmetal 2 Megatron even had a cockpit inside of the orange ball/dome in his chest. Also, some people that I've shown the pics of Galvatron to have said that he looks fairly reminiscant to Cryotek. On another note, the reason I chose to call this grey figure Galvatron, is because it actually fits, since all the other Megatrons lately just change colors to become Galvatrons. But this is the review on both figures, so hope you enjoy!

2. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

Those are pretty cool. Mind if I ask where you got them? And were they expensive?

3. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    you can get both at big lots for $10

4. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I need to check out my big lots here in NY. I hope they have decent plastic quality though.

5. Dark Galvatron

Dark Galvatron Banned

They are. The quality is actually quite impressive. And like I said, they even have the alternate vehicle mode.

6. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Are they the same size as the original TM2 Megatron?

7. Mutt12

Mutt12 Starroid Raider

Ebay:
    I got the dark green/black one at Big Lots around Thanksgiving. I like it alot. And it's from the same knockoff line as my clockless Heinrad and yellow sparkly Lioconvoy.

8. Dark Galvatron

Dark Galvatron Banned

Even though I've never owned one, yes, they are. They are the same size, since I have seen the original in both robot and beast modes before.