KO Transformers Headmaster Giftset

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by RoboticPlanet, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Arkvander

Arkvander Optimal Optimist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    That is kind of strange. I would have thought with many more available the price on the authentic ones would have gone down somewhat. It would only make sense as there is no longer such a high demand. Not drastically of course, but I would expect to see some movement in price.

Like H_D these are the only KO's in my collection. This is only justifiable to me because I am probably never going to be in a situation where I can buy originals in person and I would be too wary of buying them online anymore since the KO's do exist. Secondly, the price of these (about $8 apiece in the set) is just too good to pass up.

2. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

It helps that the 6 individual Japanese HMs do not have the Takara stamps. That makes it easier for identification purposes. The other 4 (the two Max HMs and Zaraks) can be a little more tricky.

Unless these just start flooding the market, I don't see how they can affect the price of those Japanese single HMs. This is nothing more than a drop in the KO ocean atm.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    Give it time. I had mine on me the last day of Botcon and I was stopped in my tracks by a LOT of people who had no idea this boxset existed. Most reactions ranged from impressed to excited.

4. Tirade

Yeah, there isn't a lot of awareness regarding this boxset. And even then, it's still not readily available. If and when it does become readily available, I imagine there might be some affect on the market.

5. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I just find it amazing that the sellers of this set is only asking an $80.00 buy it now. That's ten headmaster in there and not common ones either. $80.00 is a freaking steal if you ask me.

6. Tirade

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
  8. Tirade

Yeah, that's where it should be if it is the real deal. I did see some of the other repros on eBay (Grand Max Spike, Black Zarak), but the seller made sure to list them as such.

9. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Don't flame me for what I'm about to quote, this is my humble opinion/stand towards KOs/Repros:

I won't, if you ask me. :p 

The reason: A quote that I made sometime back.

The pieces that I've in my collection are all legit/authentic so I don't wanna start breaking rules there.

Either I have the real thing or nothing. No compromising. :lol 

Not really, I know just where to get myself a complete Colored set. In fact, I've been sitting on 'em for the past 3 years & I would have gotten 'em if not for the fact that they were very, very expensive.

See? Finding/sourcing the item(s) isn't a chore, the paying part is. :cry 

I'm part of that statistic. :) 

10. Tirade

I, for one, think they are a nice alternative if you want to fiddle with them. I'm certainly more inclined to transform and pose the KOs than the authentic versions. If I just paid a few hundred dollars for the real thing, I am not going to risk breaking it.

As for finding the real ones, that isn't as easy as you think. I'm glad you have a source, but like you said, they are expensive. I think part of the fun is trying to find them for a price that is acceptable for each individual collector. If I had a truckload of money, I could buy any number of TFs. Regardless if they were hard to find. The point is searching for HMs that aren't overpriced.

But thank you, Automorpher, for sharing your view. It adds perspective to this discussion.

11. Foster

News Credits:
    ESPECIALLY the Black Zarak.

12. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    I thought you creamed your pants when you finally got your hands on that giftset.

13. Tirade

Yeah, that is probably the big one from the KO set. You only need to stare at a Black Zarak in order for it to break. It's nice to have a cheaper and easier to replace equivalent.

On top of that, I don't remember the last time I saw a Grand Maximus Spike head being sold by itself. While I haven't hunted for one myself, I would imagine it is quite rare.

14. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Exactly why I quoted that paying for item(s) are often more painful than looking/finding 'em in the first place. :) 

We all agree that vintage/G1 TFs are not that affordable as compared to 10 years back. Most of these pieces would have shot up 200% or more in term of market value easily these days.

Pleasure's all mine. ;) 

I'm glad that we could hold a civilized convo like this here, unlike the other thread where the topic gets thrown out of the window & people starts flaming big time.

15. heroic_decepticon

heroic_decepticon Cybertronian

I think that really depends on where in the world you are, literally. If I were still in SG, I'd probably agree with you wholeheartedly. But having lived overseas in different countries for so long, I can really understand how difficult it is to find stuff overseas (read = outside of Asia). I can also understand why people from Australia, US and UK are willing to pay prices that S'poreans wont even consider.

You know, for example if you can find me Dino-casettes, all 4, MIB, for US$3000 thereabouts, I'd pay for it in a heartbeat (just an example, not saying that's the price). In SG, which kuku is going siao enough to pay SGD$4100 for toys. People will tell you go Zouk chiong better; or say, "you know how many times I can go Geylang with $4000 or not? Siao boh?"

16. Foster

News Credits:
    :lol  Nah, my bodily functions only go off for non-toy reasons. I wanted these molds, but I wasn't "throw momma from the train" for these molds. The biggest surprise was how kickass the finished product was. Everybody commented on how they don't feel a bit like knockoffs. The packaging looks every bit as nice as the best e-hobby packaging out there if not better, so these are definitely a keep in box display set.

17. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Woo! Got mine in today.

Unfortunately the box is a little beat up, but I'm not exactly surprised about that. But more importantly all the figures all just fine. They look and feel really good. I am quite pleased with my purchase.

18. Tirade

That is a bummer about the box. I hope mine is not going to be beat up. When did you purchase yours? And was it off of eBay? I bought mine off of iOffer on June 21. Still waiting to get my set.

19. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Off Ebay last Sunday the 20th. He just basically wrapped the Headmaster box in a piece of newspaper and put it in a packaging box only slightly bigger than it. So once China got through with it it wasn't going to look good. It's banged up on every side, unfortunately.

20. Tirade

I am hoping for better handling luck. My expectations are low now. Man, I really like that box too.