KO Transformers Headmaster Giftset

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by RoboticPlanet, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Could be. You speak/read fluent Chinese then? Because otherwise, some of that could get lost in translation.

Seems like an odd coincidence that 2 chinese sellers are selling them at the same price. Plus the listing title and description is basically the same for both. I honestly think it's the same guy.

2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah i talked to mike at kotoys.com, hes not sure what price he can get them at and then sell on his site or to the rest of us to make it worth it when ppl are contacting the seller and getting them at a good price.

i dont even have any g1 headmasters any more and i want this set, lol.

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    just snagged one on ioffer. I heard about this earlier tonight on [email protected], and was just looking for these earlier on ebay. glad I saw this thread!

4. miasboytoy

miasboytoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    from what i understand the ebay seller is his friend and the seller on ioffer is the maker. he is reliable. i think the handful of us who got the first run shufflers, zaraks, black zaraks, spike, grand max spike, can vouch for him. i was told not to post pictures or resell, but i did give many people the heads up and to wait for the boxset. he wasnt happy about the increased prices people were selling these at. he was well aware of this. im pretty sure hes not gonna source this out to kotoys as he has a lot invested in this project of his and wants to keep the prices at the set prices he has set for them.

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    that's pretty cool not allowing there to be a mark-up on these. I was going to be paying something like $50 each for repros of the jpn headmasters a few months ago, and now I got a whole box load of them for like $10 each!

6. heroic_decepticon

heroic_decepticon Cybertronian

Yeah, I do speak fluent Chinese and Cantonese, so I went through and read all the Chinese posts he made as well. Whatever translator he's feeding it through is pretty darn accurate I gotta say.

My advice is to get this set even if you don't want it. It's cheap beyond imagining. When you reach a stage of your collecting when its a handful of toys and these headmasters that you are missing for G1, you don't wanna be stuck paying secondhand market prices for these. I won't even go into how difficult it is to find the originals of these and when I do find one, it's price ranges from US$300 to US$600, each.

I can see why he wouldn't like the increased prices. From what I can read, he seems to be a true blue TF fan hoping to make these pieces more accessible to the general collecting fandom (I mean, we all know how rare these are and how rarer than rare the white ones are). People who buy more than 1 or 2 sets usually has to justify to him why, if not he does not sell.

I've also contacted my friend who's one of the largest toy distributors (by default) in SG and he said that even he is not allowed to bring these in at retail. So that's that I guess.

7. Tirade

@heroic_deceptic

I'm sure that helps if you can read his posts and such. Makes things somewhat smoother. And that makes sense that the two sellers are connected, even if they are not the same guy. They are just too similar (price and all) for it to be a thing of chance.

If I had more money for TFs, I would try to purchase another set (1 for display and 1 for taking out). Just don't have the funds. I'm glad to hear, though, that this maker is a true TF fan that wants to offer his product to the fandom for minimal cost. That is fantastic.

8. miasboytoy

miasboytoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    now if only someone would make the g2 stuntacons and g2 defensor.......at a reasonable price....

9. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    I'd be all over that!

10. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

I ordered the second to last set last night on ioffer. I eagerly await them!

11. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its nice to see someone not trying to flip toys for a profit on the fandom. Good for him, now.... I want them but don't have any headmasters anymore:banghead: 

12. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hell I only have two Headmaster really and I still ordered a set. You can always get headless Headmasters later.

Although I suppose this set might now drive the price of those up a bit.

13. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

I might get this set well worth it and about damn time!

14. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I applaud Maker's effort in trying to get these across to the public that wanted these pieces. A good move to help curb other secondary Sellers so that they don't try to profit too much outta this.

I'm sure MORE of these will turn up every now & then, especially when Maker/Seller knows that there's a constant demand for 'em. Of course, "recognition" gained through all this exposure could otherwise become the next biggest compliments for these guys. :D 

15. Arkvander

Arkvander Optimal Optimist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I agree. This is the price these should really be, not hundreds and hundreds each.

16. heroic_decepticon

Guys, I know the type of collections you guys have (and you probably know mine). Question to you is: will you buy this set?

I indicated I bought this set in another TF message board and now seem to be copping a lot of heat about buying KO stuff. Like Nmbr1Ldr said, this is the price these should be, not $150 to $300 per piece and in Shuffler's case $1400. They are not marvels of engineering and consist of the molded pieces and 2 rivets, so I don't really see how even a repro seller is able to majorly screw that up.

Once these arrive, they will be the only KOs I have, and really, at this point after the repros are out, its difficult to justify paying more than 100 times the price to obtain each head individually.

What do you guys think?

17. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    He added some more (27) to his listing on iOffer. (Incidentally, if you're logged in to iOffer, searching for the term "headmasters" will forever scar your previously held image of the toy.)

18. Tirade

Are you getting grief over at AllSpark? I know they have a rather bleak outlook on KOs and such over there.

Honestly, I don't see the problem. The seller isn't passing these off as authentic and you simply want them for your collection.

Anybody that is giving you grief has obviously never tried to track down those Japanese HMs. They can be found, but the prices for loose ones are absurd. I plan on eventually tracking down the originals, but I want this set for my immediate collection. Plus it is a GREAT looking display piece in the box. These are fine looking reproductions IMO. I wouldn't even call them KOs.

19. heroic_decepticon

The ironic thing is that people have also started to PM me asking where they can be found. strange world i guess.

That's so true you know. I have been doing my head in just trying to track these down. I have even resorted to browsing Japanese websites so I can match Japanese characters with the names of these guys on my Transformers: Generations Deluxe book, all so I can copy and paste the term into Yahoo JP to search for them. When I find any, they are usually very expensive.

So yeah, anyone giving us grief has obviously not tried to track these down. In fact, a month or so ago, I mentioned to another member here that I have all but given up trying to find these. I just can't commit that much time and energy on finding these when I can be off doing something more fun (than browse through webpages)

20. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For the record, these Headmaster KOs had no impact on the price I was able to get for my real set at Botcon this weekend.

There will always be those who only want authentic vintage, and for those that don't care, KOs will suffice. The fact these can be readily distinguished from the real ones makes them less of a problem, from my perspective.