KO Transformers Headmaster Giftset

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by RoboticPlanet, Jun 20, 2010.

1. BlackzaraK

BlackzaraK deceptabum

News Credits:
    I totaly agree with zap alot of people dont want to over pay, because they feal there getting rip off, but the truth is theres always a risk buying from oversea. I was lucky enough to get the repro headmasters directly from the maker. I bought $1000 of heads for friends here on the board did not make a penny profit out of it, and everyday that passed i got worried and more worried if there where going to ever get here (thank god they did), but If I would to resell them on the on the board, I would have to mark up the price for my risk as well..people dont see that part they just wanna pay cheap prices with no risk..Even venders like toy arena, ko toys get scam from time to time buying from oversea sellers.
    WHAT DO YO GUYS THINK WOULD BE A FAIR MARK UP FOR A $102 ITEM
    LET THE SPECUlATION BEGIN..:popcorn ..lol.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  2. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I also bought a bunch for friends and didn't make a penny!

3. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For the record, I never though that any of the prices people on the board were selling these sets for were too high. I was tempted to buy one of Zap's sets, but there was no way I could pay for it.

While there is certainly risk in getting one of these sets, for me the risk/reward factor was enough to get one for that price and hope everything goes well.

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm glad these have become available; the originals are stupidly rare.

I sold my five original whites a while back for a damn mint (thankfully), but never had a white Shuffler. I'm tempted to get a set of six repro whites.

5. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    originally I did buy these for friends and then we saw what others were selling them for we all threw that idea out the window. oh well. If they dont sell then we're just back where we started at and we still all happy about it because we have these really nice Headmasters.

6. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    So did I. So did I.

7. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Interesting set for sure. But what I want to know is, why just the heads? Why not the bodies as well? Sure some bodies would be too huge, but are they going to be offered separately in the future?

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    The majority of these came with no bodies. They were Japanese exclusives.

9. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Well, what's the point of them other than adding heads to your headless Headmasters?
    Or is what I just said the point? LOL!
    Is there a Targetmaster set as well?

10. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was a brief storyline that explained who these "extra" guys were in the Japanese Animation, and also in the Japanese version of Headmasters the idea of 'Head Switch!' was a prominent gimmick.

But I think the real reason is, yes, kids lose small accessories. Headless robots are sad. Selling "new" heads is a great very-low pricepoint offering that will make the sad kiddie happy again.

The IRONY is that these things were probably the equivalent of our modern 'Legends' pricepoint originally, but have (until now) commanded insane prices on the collectors market.

There were no Targetmasters, but during the masterforce run they did "extra" GodMasters (PowerMasters), however those were just recolors of the normal figures, and therefore are generally regarded as less interesting/desirable.

As for the pricing...

I bought a couple of the home-grown repros for $60 or so a pop, which will now be duplicated by the set I just bought for $100 or so. But I'm not mad, I'm just happpy to finally have the darn things. I always expected that someday I would drop $300-400 each on these (They've always been high on my "grail list" having gotten most of the other stuff), which I knew they were NOT worth.

Reasonable repros, yeah, THAT's the way to go. Even if I had paid $300 or so for the SET, it still would have been a bargain, in my eyes.

It's all about the long-view perspective. And as other have mentioned, I'm sure these, much like the "Chemestry Warriors" Dinoking set, will eventually appreciate in value...a LOT.

D/L

11. Grandus

Grandus Member

These look to be back available, there were 9 when I clicked BIN, and there's already just 4 left!

Thanks for sharing the link btw, these look fantastic.:thumbs2: 

12. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

They are gone now (at least until he relists more). In less than an hour, he sold all 10 sets. That is crazy. There is a clear demand IMHO. Of course there could be some idiotic people that actually think those are the real deal.

13. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    wow, these things are selling like hot cakes.

14. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm not surprised. Even collectors with the originals might be interested in a set of extras to avoid wear on their vintage ones. And these have been grails for Jp G1 fans for as long as I can remember, with supply far outstripping demand.

15. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    These need to be listed when I'm paying attention. Dammit!

16. Tirade

If you trust iOffer, you can always buy a set or two from there. I think it's the same guy.

17. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    He needs to do the japanese exclusive cassettes next, what ?

18. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Believe the seller on iOffer is the maker himself.

19. Tirade

That is nice to know. I purchased a set from him over at iOffer. Would have preferred eBay (for the bucks and buyer protection), but I can't seem to catch him with those on eBay.

20. miasboytoy

miasboytoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    same here. funny thing is i think there were more of us who were in contact with the seller/maker than we would suspect lol. ive mentioned to a few board members on here to wait and be patient and they will show up for decent prices and now they have.

on a side note anyone want a first reproduction run of shuffler? i paid $45 for it. im guessing no,but its worth a shot lol.