KO Transformers Headmaster Giftset

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by RoboticPlanet, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

True. There are some collectors that never sell anything from their collection. I realize that. Still, that doesn't change the fact that there is one less MOSC/MISB item after that collector has opened one. Hell, when that same collector dies (after having kept his collection for all the years), it has to go somewhere, right?

EDIT: If the collector is an avid fan, that same MOSC/MISB item will probably not get lost or destroyed while in his hands. The potential, however, for that to happen after he dies is high.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Right - but if you think about it, everything will be opened eventually. These toys aren't going to end up in a museum, there's no real history behind them (other than what we perceive) that will protect them from the sands of time.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  3. Tirade

We don't know that. How many people in the 80s actually thought TFs would survive this long and become this popular? That is a big assumption to assume that EVERYTHING will be opened eventually.

Anyhoo, I'm just bummed out because it would have been nice to see that white HM in original packaging. I doubt many have survived this long, let alone in the original bag.

EDIT: Yeah, TFs won't survive the sands of time. But heck, not much will.

4. miasboytoy

miasboytoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    that should be the going rate sadly. if you think about it trizor roughly runs about 250usd plus? so the white trizor sold for 10 times the normal price 2500 usd. so normal shuffler sells for 1400 usd plus, therefore a white one would be 14000 usd. kinda stupid right. my guess was a white unused shuffler would cost 10000 now minimum. i heard the one that sold at botcon last year went for 4000-6000 i forget?

5. teruo kaiba

teruo kaiba Made In Japan

Thanks to this thread, I got my order in the mail before leaving for work today. Although I was running late I quickly opened up the shipping box and was glad too see the box was in perfect condition. Would have brought them to my office but well, I had a couple of important meetings so...

As per the open/not open of the originals, I'm in the not open camp. If I bought the original as much as I liked it I would keep it sealed, mostly because as much as I like Transformers, I like money more. One day I might decide on selling some so their market value is important to me. But that's just me.

6. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothin' I like more in than breaking open vintage sealed packages.

Just the other night I was popping the holes on my "Un Punched" MOSC Rescue Force. Why? Because I can. Because I think the 'Un punched" card valuation is stupid (Like Scalpers need MORE incentives...). Because I feel like toys should be played with and enjoyed. (I'll be OPENING those Rescue Force'rs once I get unpacked...)

But luckily for all you MISB folks, I'm more or less out of vintage-collecting, so I won't be cracking any more Liokaiser giftsets open any time soon (Well maybe ONE more, I kinda regret selling him.)

D/L

7. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I open EVERYTHING! Even my Lucky Draw figures are OPEN and on display (Why display pieces like LD Tracks if it's just a white box :lol  I've always looked at it from a value standpoint...I'm NEVER selling my collection so the actual value no matter if it is MIB or loose is effectively $0....they aren't an asset and certainly not an investment as far as I'm concerned...it's my hobby and I may quit one day but the collection as a whole is an achievement I will always treasure.

The reason I never pulled the trigger on Delphan's Protectobots is that they are AFA'd and I'd be waaaaay to temped to crack those babies open :p 

8. Dragonclaw

News Credits:
    I like finding the stuff loose more often than not...but sometimes you just can't FIND a loose specimen...In the case I mentioned Trizer was the last one to complete my set...and a white head in a little baggie isn't that impressive :lol  I'd LOVE a loose ATB Megatron, Laser Cycle Soundwave, Block Town G2 basics recolors, G2 Protectobots or Stunticons...how many are out there for sale?....not a lot, or....um....NONE! If I buy a boxed / carded version because that's all there is I WILL be openning them...just like my Laser Cycle Jazz. No offense, but if it's MY collection and it's never being sold in my lifetime so I really don't have to keep other collectors in mind. Hopefully we'll all be old and senile by that point anyway :lol 

That being said, if I'm WRONG and someone has loose figures of ATB Megatron, Laser Cycle Soundwave , Gobots Blurr & Rumble or other unreleased loose G2 figures for sale feel FREE to drop me a PM...it WILL save any carded / boxed specimen of that figure I find first from being openned :lol 

9. Tirade

I'm glad you know you will never be selling your collection. Not everyone has that luxury. I've cycled through countless figures in my collection (loose, MIB, MISB/MOSC). Always comes back to money.

As for the white Headmaster, the picture would have been more for reference. I'm sure there wasn't much exciting about the bag. However, not many people are even aware of the white HM variants (let alone how they are packaged). Again, knowledge is power.

10. miasboytoy

miasboytoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    got my stuff 2 days ago.

11. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Why would anyone waste money on an expensive MISB/MOSC item they plan to open when they can get a mint opened one for much cheaper? This has never made sense to me, except that maybe these people like to taunt MISB/MOSC collectors or something...

The only time someone opening a MISB item has really upset me was when someone did it with an AFA-graded Godaikin Golion. Basically some people online were telling him that it was a fake, since not many Godaikin toys came sealed from the factory. Well, low and behold, he opened it, and everything inside was dead mint, untouched. And now there probably are no more MISB Godaikin Golions. It was a toy I really wanted in my collection at the time.

12. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Some people like MINTY fresh toys and/or being the first person to transform it. I know I like both.

Pissing off MISB/MOSC collectors and seeing them react like it's murder is just a bonus.

13. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Aren't there plenty of minty fresh opened items? For G1, I'd think there's more C9 opened items than MISB ones. As for more recent stuff, maybe not, but I don't think any MISB collectors are going to shed tears over a G2 Cyberjet...

14. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only reason why I got my Omega Spreem was because it was cheap and I really lucked out on ebay. I would never pay for the current prices for a MOSC Spreem.

15. Dragonclaw

News Credits:
    See, for me I would never have bought THAT and opened it...I know I can find a nice Go Lion (Though mine is the one I got new back in the day :)  ) I would only ever buy a MISB item and open it if I had no other available option...When it comes down to pieces like that...and lets face it, most of the things on my want list are the uber-rarities...If I want an item for display I gotta take what I can get :D 

16. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm have trouble understanding the difference between MISB and MIB. Well, I KNOW the difference (a piece of tape), I just don't understand why people would pay a ton extra for that bit of tape. It's not a guarantee of the item inside being complete or unbroken (or even IN there should you get severely swindled). If you never open it, it may as well be filled with dirt and you'd never, ever know (on a windowless box of course). MIB should be of greater value logically - it's been verified mint and can be at any time.

It's probably the same mindset that prevents MISB collectors from liking it when I open and display said MISB item.

17. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I cant see you paying a lot of money for a misb toy, then opening it up just to prove a point. If you did, I wouldnt be upset, I'd be baffled- but not upset.

18. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I wouldn't throw money away like that to prove a point. However, if I found something MISB that I wanted and needed (Overlord, Liokaiser, something like that) for cheap or free you can bet your ass I'd open it in a heartbeat. Brand new beats used any day.

Now, if someone had a MIB (like untouched C-10 minty) one that they wanted to trade up for my MISB, I'd do it. It's all about the pristine contents for me, not the box or tape or monetary value.

19. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I agree with MMM. I bought my CR Black Convoy MISB and it was missing a paint app on the knee. It's only $40 and it was only 9 years old at the time, but I'd have rather spent that $40 on one that was already verified to be perfect. The missing paint app makes it "mine", I guess, but I don't know... I'm not knocking the one I have, it's just one of those thing.

I never quite got the MISB mentality. They're toys. People try to peddle their MISB wares to me all the time... I never buy anything from them because I don't want to throw away that much money. I'm a primarily loose-figure-only collector. I'm fine with that. I have a hell of a time selling things, and people don't understand why I won't pay $25 for a MISB deluxe from 5 years ago when I can buy the same thing in the condition that I'll keep it in for $8.

If one of those MISB guys came up to me with a MISB figure for the same price as the loose one, I'd take it in a heartbeat (assuming all that extra shipping didn't kill it... Gotta love USPS).

20. heroic_decepticon

heroic_decepticon Cybertronian

So true, so true. It's just a piece of tape.

I would so totally rather buy MIB C9 stuff, but like Dragonclaw said, sometimes one just can't find that. The first Grand Maximus I came across was MISB. So I bought it and opened it in front of the shop-keeper. The first Victory Saber giftset I came across? MISB. Again. So I bought it and opened it right there and then. I'm not paying hundreds of dollars so I can fuss over whether that piece of tape is genuine, has stress marks, has been double taped, is original and all that crass MISB collectors fuss about.

Next thing I'll crack open? G1 MISB Nightbeat (the real deal not the Chinese/90s reissues floating around)

Oh yeah, and that too.