KO Transformers Headmaster Giftset

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by RoboticPlanet, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Now that's what I want. $80.00 a giftset is a sweet deal. That box looks awesome.

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glad I didn't wait!

3. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I hope no one tries to pass these off as the originals. No matter how you feel about high quality KO type stuff, I think most people hate that sort of thing. At least they're different enough so that someone knowledgeable won't get fooled.

I just want them because they look so damn cool. And I don't even have more than 2 headmasters. I guess I'll have to get some more headless ones. At least now when I get a Scorponok I won't need one with a Zarak.

4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  5. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Yeah I am one of the ones that got those highly taxed repros, I am also one of the assholes that just paid 235 for one of these. I am cursed getting burned on these headmasters. They used to be around $20 a piece so I thought the price listed before seemed on point. Stupid me.

6. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    :lol 

Consolation: Maybe you can try making/selling more of your fantastic custom boxes so as to help offset that "cost."

7. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Double post, my bad. :eek: 

8. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Shit yeah, I'll make a couple tiny US style boxes for them. How this shit has gone for me so far, I'll end up losing more money somehow. My total bill for fathers day has been brutal.

9. zap dragon

zap dragon Well-Known Member

he can get them for so cheap , hey do group buy, ohh wait nobody wants to pay up front, also i dont think anyone wants to send $1000 and then chance to getting ripped off...i took the chance, sunlink ,bradfordj to took a chance, we had a lot to loose and risked our own $$$, ooh and the guy in china, how often does mail get lost from there... or go ahead and buy from ebay from china , seller gets booted and your moneys gone...

10. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. Defensive much?

11. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

No need to get all defensive. I actually was happy to see your sell thread over in the B/S/T forum. I can appreciate the risk involved. I think the price was a tad too high though. I have no qualms with someone trying to make a little profit. That's the way the world works.

Could money be lost? Sure. That is a definite risk. Thanks to PayPal (and eBay), that risk is lessened.

I, for one, am grateful that you brought those repros to my attention. Thank you for that.

12. zap dragon

acctualy yes , everyone wants the hook up, and to many cryying, thinking at the end of the year just getting rid of all my stuff...no reward for being the hook up and when you dont your a scalper...getting to old

13. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't worry about it. You sold them for what the buyers wanted to pay. End of story. It's no different then selling the TFCC Punch/Counterpunch for $200. But I have to be honest, no where have I seen anyone get upset or single you out. Hell Blue Meanie even posted his disappointment in paying too much but had nothing negative to say about you. Buying and selling to fellow collectors always carries with it a bit of risk.

14. zap dragon

no problem, just venting, i have the highest feedback here in the junkion, and until recentlly am getting pissed when a deal is aggreed to, and then ooh i want it for less b/s...

i got some of the 1st round of repos, and i had about the lowest price
    they cost me $30 a pop sold for $45 about the same for these giftsets
    these were cheap about $15-$18 a head times 10 u do the math...

thanx to me and megamus was able to start the repo/ko thread... hope i help there some

15. zap dragon

no kidding , i can all ready see the botcon stuff ($350 for primus package) , going for $1000, 3 times the cost and no real risk its here in the US, unless you get ripped off on evil bay....and they send u and empty box.....

16. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Zap, don't sweat it. We tried something that few are willing to do. After paying for the best/safest shipping, PayPal fees, the value of our time, packing materials, etc we were not getting rich off of these things. Who knew that they would pop up cheaply on the Chinese side? I always viewed it with a retail approach: retailers pay approximately 50% of the sticker price for an item, factor in costs involved with resale, then walk away with a 25% profit. Making around $50 on each set was what made doing this worth the risk (of losing our large investment if something went wrong). I am pissed that these are being supplied directly from China now, just like a retail chain would be pissed if their suppliers started competing by offering the public the same prices that they offer retailers. You don't do that to your suppliers, they risk their capital just hoping to make a bit of profit. To then turn around and undercut them after loading them up with product is wrong.

Look at it this way, put your sets in a closet and forget about them. These are sure to be like the KO Dinoking sets, and eventually they will be worth well over what we wanted out of them. That is what I am doing, as my sales are now closed. I will re-offer them in a couple of years.

17. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
  18. zap dragon

acctualy for spike and zarak it is the rivets and the eyes, ko/repo have eyes painted by hand, original are sprayed painted, and you can spot the over-spray on originals

hope this helps

19. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    At $100 these would be somewhat tempting, but forget paying more than that.

Too bad they're all gone.

20. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Also, the chest details are something to note with Spike. There is a noticeable difference between the knockoff and the authentic.