KO toys totally inconsistent pricing.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by GalvanicGear, Sep 4, 2016.

1. GalvanicGear

GalvanicGear Primachron

So I was trying to buy an Item on KoToys.net
    [​IMG]
    Aand the item is listed on the site for $10

Well when I try to check out it gives me an error saying it can't process the transaction with my credit card. Then I get an email from kotoys.sales@gmail.com, asking me to pay $79 for the item, and $20 for sipping, simultaneously I get a paypal request from a Wang Guizhen asking that I pay 99.99 for the item. The only reason I would even considder buying the knock off version of MBC-MC-02 is because it was listed for $10 dollars as shown here.
    http://www.kotoys.net/mbc-mc-02-foc-bruticus-transformers-remake-attacks-the-body-fit-p-11575.html

If they listed it as 10 dollars by mistake, that's their mistake, but $99.99 is what their charging for the genine MBC version, as seen below, so it seems to me that a knock off version of it they have aught to be cheeper, like it shows.
    http://www.kotoys.net/mbc002-military-titans-with-mbc002p-premium-p-7064.html

During the course of my emails with them They've actually changed the list price for the KO on the website to $79, but they can't pull the wool over my eyes, I have screenshots.

2. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Tempe, AZ
  3. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Moderator

As a rule, a retailer doesn't have to honor a misadvetised price even if you have screenshots. I don't know what their terms and conditions are but they likely are not legally obligated to sell you the item at the misadvertised price. Given that you haven't paid and you were invoiced that's probably the case here. As an aside, I've heard some not so savory things about Kotoys.net.

4. Grindar

Grindar Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wasn't aware there was a knockoff of the upgraded Onslaught. Last time I hit something like that on one of acetoy they said it was a preorder down payment.

5. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that is a scam site.

6. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Moderator

That's kind of what I thought too. I did a little reading ok kotoys and, if it's the same outfit, I'd steer far away from that nonsense.

7. Jtotheiso187

Jtotheiso187 Well-Known Member

Kotoys was really good until it wasn't lol.

8. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think it is the original kotoys.com. This is kotoys.NET... someone impersonating them with a slightly different url and lifting images from their old site.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016