KO Sunstreaker - Boxed images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by agesthreeandup, Sep 15, 2007.

1. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Dude.

Post.

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If it's not approved or licensed, then it isn't a Transformer. It's an overprice piece of metal and plastic that looks like a Transformer. My collection is made of the former, not the latter. As it always is with these, pass.

3. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn

4. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    It's a theory that they were suppose to be.

5. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    I guess I should throw out all of my CVS brand allergy medication and buy Claratin instead, since the 10mg of loratadine in the CVS brand doesn't work since it's not "official". Shoot.

:p 

These KO/Bootleg arguments get so tiresome. Why people get so worked up about what other people buy astounds me. Yes, yes, they often end up on eBay and people can get scammed. Again, other people buying. Not you. Not your money. Nor is it your money going into the $400 movie custom auctions... why get so worked up about it?

I'm going to ponder this and go take some knock-off brand cold medication now, made at the same exact labs and factories as Robitussen, but without the label to identify it as such.

6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    In your opinion. I see a Transformer, a shiny new one at that.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  7. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

Indeed!

8. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thay're ALL just pieces of plastic and metal, many overpriced, especially when you trap it in some pieces of cardboard.
    I bought the "Not-Mirage" because he'll look better on my G1 shelf than my floppy, discolored, peeling sticker Mirage. The only reason I won't be buying Sunstreaker is because my G1 SS is in great condition, just has some faded or missing stickers I'll replace with reprolabels.

OMG, COUNTERFEIT STICKERS!!!!!!!11111one They'll ruin Sunstreaker!:eek: 

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And yet, people buy, display, and maybe even put Autobot/Decepticon faction symbols on Gobots and other robot/mecha toys, which don't have nearly as much in common. When examined, all this "only official Hasbro/Takara product" attitude does is reassure someone that they own something with a defined value outside their own collection. To others, it's an obstacle to getting what they want, as long as they're going in with their eyes open and know full well exactly what they are buying.

10. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

brand loyalty ftl

its stupid when it comes to more substantial purchases, and just ridiculous when it comes to toys.

if you want to buy the transformers "brand", buy stock in hasbro.

but i shall be enjoying my minty piece of crap unofficial, robot that turns into a lamborghini

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And I never once claimed otherwise. I love how my post gets quoted repeatedly as if I delivered a cheap shot to everyone. Buy what you want and claim it as whatever the hell you want. But it won't change the fact that it will never be an official product. Ever. Don't like that? Too bad. Ok with that? Good for you. Me? I'll stick to the real stuff.

12. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im all for KOs but mach01 has a real, valid point, which is not directly dissing at KO lovers, but just stating a matter of fact, so im down with that. dont hate the hater.

13. GavynN.X.

GavynN.X. I want AM thundercracker

News Credits:
    It's as good as it gets for me! As long as the quality is comparable to G1, I'm all over this like butter on toast.

And it comes with the G1 flap, no less! The mighty, mighty G1 flap. Not sure about its utility but it's very sexy. (I'm even tempted to get a KO Optimus Prime over the Encore Prime just because of the packaging.)

What is the timeframe for Sunstreaker's release?

14. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Sometime in October.

15. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    And I still stick to the opinion that these are just as real as anything else. "Official" really means nothing when it comes down to the casual collector who opens and displays.

Limit yourself if it pleases you, personally I like options.

16. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    man, these KO threads dont dissapoint. I knew there would be bickering over the real vs. the fake. it never dies. if you want a real one, pay the real price and get a real one. if you want a fake, spend alot less, get one that looks real and call it real. nobody cares. fuck it.

17. e3nine

e3nine I have a large MISB collection.

News Credits:
    :lol 

ain't it the truth?

release after release, it's the same old crap ... back and forth. God bless the magic found on the internet.

18. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    True, it's pointless to bicker about it. Buy it or don't buy it, it doesn't matter.

19. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Sunstreaker sure is tempting.

I have a loose one (complete IIRC) in fair condition, but I'm tempted to get this one.

-airfox

20. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Official vs. unofficial: they are still remakes. The 'real deal' was made 20+ years ago. Takara's reissues had some QC issues and wacko book packaging. Hasbro's reissues had loads of pointless safety mods, decal changes, and both had boxes tainted with Pat Lee art :eek: 

These KOs have a big thing working in their favor: the packaging. Nothing quite brings it home for me like true vintage packaging. Its part of the experience IMO. No book-style. No illegible (to me) Japanese text. No Pat Lee. I am strongly considering getting these just for that.

I can only hope that they arent' shut down before doing Shockwave and the rest. And since Hasbro said at Botcon they don't have the Dinobots, this looks like our only shot.

I really hope they get to do those combining cassettes at some point, and maybe some later-run G1s like the Technobots or Clones.