KO Sunstreaker - Boxed images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by agesthreeandup, Sep 15, 2007.

1. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    I totally understand where you are comming from with your statements. I don't dissagre with you entirely.

See here is the thing.............I love bluestreak. It is one of my favorite toys from the original car line. I own all the Takara and Hasbro reissues of this figure and for the most part I am content with them. BUT (and there always is a but) I am unhappy with the quality of the Silverstreak that has been reissued. The grey plastic on the reissue was so terrible and just looked cheap to me. The stickers that came with it were also not so good. I was unhappy with the Streak lisence plate that came with it. I believe that if these guys do also release a Bluestreak figure it will be done just like the original one with the bonus of a nice box with it as well. I am also sure that we will see releases of the black hooded Datsun and the Blue version of the Datsun. I would very much like to own these again as I have gotten rid of the ones I had in the past. Takara has already done the Streak and they did not do the blue version of this figure. Why? Are they just not listening to the fans? Seems odd that they would not do this figure when there is such a demand for it.

As for the price. I don't necessarly agree with it myself. I am cheap in nature and would love these to be more affordable. I am kind of hoping that perhaps with some competition with a second company doing figures there may be some competiton happening and we will see a drop in price on these. I would love to be able to offer these for $40 or even less but with the cost of shipping, the cost of the figures and the cost of business, there is just no way of making that happen yet.

You mention Ironhide and Ratchet. You are correct that they will be available for $35 a piece. Problem is I am not fully convinced that they will be good reissues. Depending on how much you care, some people are very concerned with plastic texture and I just don't think Hasbro or Takara has been able to match the plastics used 20 years ago. The Mirage is by far the best of the KO figures to date, with all the cassettes coming in very close second. If they can continue with this quality then I will be very pleased with collecting every single one.

Collecting is a very personal thing. What is worth it to one person can seem insane to the next. I dont mind paying $200 plus for Yamatto Valks. They are great figures with good quality. Not everyone out there agrees with me. Personal opinion is everything in this hobby.

Spencer.

2. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    Here is my personal opinion on all of these:

prime - getting better. The latest ones we have had in are very good and much better than the ones we have had in the past. This last batch actually included the cab stipe, none of the others we have had in the past have had those stickers.

Swoop - really like the die cast chest but the paint does chip. I was very dissapointed in the one wing hole being too big but I am told it should be fixed for the blue version they will be releasing.

Mirage - bang on. This is the best they have done so far.

Cassettes - the metal ones are very good. All the parts work well and fit together nice. Ratbat had loose ears and feet but I can look past that.

Minibots - I am quite dissapointed in these. I think the legs are too loose and they don't always stand will. They are good but I think they could have done better.

There has been a few issues with QC on these. Same fists, missing fists, missing parts, and a few other issues in the past. We have done what we can to try and fix these issues before they go out but do miss a few things. Don't be too surprised if you get something odd in one of the packages. I hope that they lower the QC issues even more with the Wheeljack release. It did come with a lot of parts.

If anyone has any other questions please feel free to PM me directly or email me.

Spencer.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...Blue Swoop?

yessssssssssssssssss

4. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    The more and more I can't wait to get mine:thumb 

5. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

boo to all these fake look-alikes. I hope the quality sucks and they all break upon opening. For now I'll just keep laughing at anyone who says they own a Mirage when it has 'Dunlop' tires.

At least they keep seeming to use stamps instead of stickers on the newest ones (mirage, wheeljack, this) so it makes fake MISBs pretty easy to identify.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  6. Paradigm-Shift Prime

I find that the cassettes stickers fall off immediately and the pieces fall apart or pull of very easily also. I like the translucent ones for kicks but find their quality to be quite poor.

7. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Too bad you won't own Sunstreaker if you buy this. These are not Transformers brand products.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  8. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In my mind I will own Sunstreaker. That's all that matters, not what you or anyone else thinks.

9. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

I have to agree for the most part. The stickers suck, and frenzy's head spring is to strong, meaning that his arms won't stay down in cassette mode. And ratbat is a floppy mess. Dunlop tires aside, the only good KO in my opinon is Mirage, which I have, and I made an exception for him only because he was the very first transformer I ever owned. I will have a hard time doing that again for sunstreaker and wheeljack however. If they were cheaper I would bite, but for the price I can just save that money up for a loose vintage one.

10. reillyd

reillyd Well-Known Member

Think you need to study harder in your law subjects at college mate. China has extremely lax copyright and patent laws, which is why most bootleg products come out from there.

11. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

A complete vintage Wheeljack cannot be had for lower than $100.

At $60 for a mint KO, money is saved.

I find it difficult to believe that a complete Sunstreaker could also be obtained for $60.

At any rate, these KOs permit easy procurement of lost parts, a notable issue with Sunstreaker.

12. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

I consider a G1 figure complete when they come will all weapons and thats it. If it comes with a box and/or instructions, than yea his price will go up. And you can get them for less than $100 if you bide your time. A complete Sunstreaker just went for less than $60 dollars on Ebay recently. Might not be in pristine condition, but it can be done if your patient.

13. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

*wishes he hadn't sold his real Sunstreaker box a few years back*

Ah well..$10 says they get the gray border and/or the spotlight wrong again. Sunstreaker is probably one of my originals most in need of an upgrade though. Mebbe I'll just spring for the whole shebang now..box, bubble and toy (which wouldn't need to be complete after all)..before the jackholes start passing this one off as real.

14. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

If it comes with a box and/or instructions, than yea his price will go up. And you can get them for less than $100 if you bide your time. A complete Sunstreaker just went for less than $60 dollars on Ebay recently. Might not be in pristine condition, but it can be done if your patient.

One cannot guarantee that they will be able to obtain the figure for less than $100. An Ebay auction is far from a certainty.

In addition, I was referring to the figures complete with all accessories. They still cost much more than $60.

15. gilermo

gilermo Well-Known Member

Swoop=poor :( 
    Optimus prime=very good (better than the encore i have) :) 
    the rest=no idea :rolleyes2 

16. gilermo

gilermo Well-Known Member

You bought them? your earlier post suggested otherwise :D 

17. Lord_Zarak

Lord_Zarak Well-Known Member

the fact for me is: Takara has not the original mold for that figure insteed of this chinese company... this are bootleg only because they are not under Takara license... but they are what i wants... Mirage is quality better than some encore reissue................

18. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    already got an original mib with insert in very nice minty condition. i dont want ko i will pay for a nice boxed g1 car with insert good money

ko is cheap

19. Specimen-17

Specimen-17 Well-Known Member

Right. Well. That has a huge impact on what I said, about it being illegal to sell bootlegs in the US. The US obviously being a part of China and all.

Durrrrrr.

20. Sludge

Sludge Forged to Fight username: Roybot

News Credits:

Too bad we don't give a shit what you think. I don't care if you think it's Sunstreaker or not. I don't collect for you, I collect what I want.