KO Sunstreaker - Boxed images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by agesthreeandup, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Another bootleg at vintage prices?

2. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Might have to grab that Sunstreaker.

3. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:

There were several of these that I 'suggested' to be done. TM Scourge and TM Cyclonus were two that I thought would be a very good idea to do. Problem is, that it seems concentration is on the 84, 85 figures. There are plans for several others to come out as well, Metroplex, Skylynx and a few others.

The nice thing is that there is going to be a second company that is doing G1 figures. I have not seen their quality or a finished sample yet but they tell me that they are attempting to have them as good in quality as the first factory. If this is indeed true, that would make two companies putting out high quality KO figures and more of what everyone wants to see will be done.

The Shockwave is suposed to be done by the end of this year. It is being done by this second company and so I can't tell you what the quality is going to be in the end.

Spencer.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Please clue us in on your supplier for MISB original G1 Sunstreakers priced at $70 or so; I'm sure we'd all love to buy from them.

5. gilermo

gilermo Well-Known Member

Me too!!:D 

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    YAY!

7. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

what is up with the prices on these?? is it the quality..how is the quality for these any way? even if its as good as the origanal the prices is still to much.

8. Specimen-17

Specimen-17 Well-Known Member

Since the production and sale of counterfeit items are against US law, why do the staff here allow advertisement of the fact and even seem to condone it?

"Transformer fans" indeed.

9. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

Yes! I want this so bad! I'll have to postpone KO Mirage for him.

10. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How's the quality on the Swoop KO?

11. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome! I've bought all of these KOs so far. I definetly be getting this one too! :D 

12. rdarkstream

rdarkstream Minicon lover

Ebay:
    no thank you, I don't like these at all.

13. adam-x

adam-x megazord activate,,

qft

14. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

Very nice!

If a Trailbreaker widespread reissue were to be announced, every Autobot car would have been reissued in some form or another.

15. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's cool that these are available, but for the price..... I can't bring myself to do it. If Takara / Hasbro reissued any of these figures, they would be cheaper, and official (and yes I do realize the big companies have the facilities, materials, higher production runs etc) . I'd hate to jump the gun and buy one and then have them reissue these figures out of nowhere like Sky Lynx or Predaking.

I know that the molds the KO makers choose are damaged, lost, do not have the rights etc. but Takara/Hasbro will make new ones if they feel it will sell. Who knows, Transformers 2 may have Mirage, Sunstreaker, Devastator, and Shockwave, which would probably result in reissues.

The price is the real killer on these. Encore Ratchet and Ironhide or only $35 each. You can get the pair for what one of these would cost, and they are official. I think $45 would be a fair price for these (that is if the come with manuals, rub signs, and stickers, do they?).

16. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Hmm....I would rather he didn't have the rub-sign. Only reason for that, is because my original when I was a kid was an '84 toy and did not include the rub-sign. But I might think about getting him.

The Sludge I absolutely want. I never had any of the Dinos as a kid.

17. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Looks good, me likey.

18. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Prime's also been reissued over and over. Demand for the first "reissue" Shockwave might drive up the price. Hopefully that isn't the case, considering these things already cost more than an official reissue. Seriously, ~ $70? Damn.

19. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I too wish they were priced a bit more reasonably, but I saw some in person today in the box and I may just go back and pick some of these up.

But anyway, for those who have these, how does it compare to the G1 versions? same weight? does the plastic feel right? Does the paint chip really badly or anything?

Also, I gotta say that having these as KOs is completely Hasbro/Takara's fault. If they would release fan favorite characters and make them actually available for an average fan to buy (aka, not a TRU/eBay exclusive), these would not have to exist. Also, these are much better than any official reissue in the sense that you almost get that feel of holding a MISB G1 figure in your hands. The only con is that these are still more expensive than I would like to see them. I plan to try to haggle down some dealers where I found these things.

20. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Awesome awesome awesome. I'm very tempted by Wheeljack, but I can guarantee I'll be all over Shockwave.