KO POTP predaking

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by bacems, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Aahz321

Aahz321 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I do like the OS Devi they made from the third party company but honestly I just want the CW one with some minor tweeks.

2. Scott_XIII

Scott_XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tweak.
    IMG_20170723_135222.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Aahz321

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    [​IMG]
    Tweek

• Like Like x 3
  4. Rodann

Rodann Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    My Headstrong should get here tomorrow, but just based on the dates of my payments, the next one should become available for pre-order in the next 10 days or so. Hopefully.lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. GeoffDes

GeoffDes Well-Known Member

Lurked around here for like six years and THIS is what provokes my first post?

Anyway, just wanted to say how impressed I am that they included the replacement shoulder gears for Rampage. Mine wasn't as bad as some seem to have been reported, but it was pretty weak. The new one, oddly, still doesn't seem as strong as Divebomb's, but it's absolutely an improvement.

(Hopefully I didn't get mixed up and put the old shoulder back on top of the new shoulder ratchet - which I definitely didn't screw up. Don't perform mod work on your TFs with kids running around, I suppose.)

Anyway, it's a fairly trivial swap compared to some mods -

1. "simply" pull three screws from the section that will attach to Razorclaw (the black bit that the cannon plugs into). They're tight, but not risk-of-stripping-the-screw tight.
    2. Separate that. There should be two loose bits that come out when you do so; one is the tooth for the lateral shoulder movement, so don't lose that.
    3. Remove another screw from the lateral shoulder joint, prise that apart and set WELL aside - it gets replaced by the new parts.
    4. Take out one screw from Rampage's main body near the top
    5. Loosen - but no need to remove - the bottom screw in the main body (these were both near Rampage's right arm)
    6. CAREFULLY (because who knows what else might come loose by doing this - split Rampage's back, pull the gear, and replace it with the new part from the kit.

Then tighten one screw and re-insert the five other screws, just using the new lateral shoulder joint.

Certainly nothing as ridiculous as, say, modding Masterpiece Star Saber. But given the two parts that pop out of the black section, I'd be very careful there and with Rampage's main body.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Rodann

Rodann Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    He’s got a bionic leg and two arms now.lol

I have to admit- I like the Hasbro Headstrong/leg better:/ It has better paint details and no stickers. They didn’t improve quite as much on him as I had hoped. But I still love this set.

Attached Files:

7. emporio80

emporio80 Well-Known Member

i just ordered the first one, for this price i can always try one, if it sucks i can give it to my son

8. ATLMYK

ATLMYK Well-Known Member

I just want the top 4 figures over-sized 10%. Would finally have perfect proportions.

Maybe 15%

9. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

Got my third one today, two to go!

10. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    Me too.

11. Shanxs

Shanxs Open your eyes. Can't you see?

1 down. Not buying the rest after seeing War eagles quality.
    Have to see the full combined mode first.

12. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    Well to me it's just a cheap way to own Predaking. As long as it doesn't fall apart Im happy.

• Like Like x 2
  13. TGS1985

TGS1985 Well-Known Member

So I got "Not Headstrong" Rhino today and I installed the "Not Rampage" Sabertooth arm ratchet fix and yup, it did the trick! Just in case you're curious, here's a comparison of the replacement part that came with Rhino and the original attached to Sabertooth.

IMG_20190413_175112872.jpg

Notice how more define the catch is on the replacement on the left to that of the original on the right. That's all it took to fix it, so the fact Wei Jaing even bother too include the fix is quite frankly awesome of them and overall good business (which feels a little funny saying about a KO company).

The fix is not hard at all. 4 sturdy screws that you can easily unscrew with a precision screw driver hold everything together and then screw back in with little risk of over doing it (strong, sturdy plastic). If you had any reservations about getting Sabertooth, I say definitely get him as long as you plan to get Rhino too, which quite honestly has such cleverly done improvements to the figure in regards to hiding empty leg space while allowing the arms and legs to more securely tab in place while in leg mode that you'd seriously think it was a upgraded Takara Unite Warriors version of a cost cutting Hasbro version. Just a shame that WeiJaing didn't invest in a way of being able to remove the annoying "thigh pillar" back kibble on theirs.

IMG_20190413_202224138_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I did the Saber Tooth fix using the parts that came with Headstrong. It's a simple fix, and GeoffDes's instructions above are pretty spot on.

I didn't realise how much the floppy Saber Tooth combiner arm was nagging me until it wasn't. That was the only thing about WJ Predaking that really disappointed me, so far. Now that's fixed, hopefully he can hold the sword, as I intended.

15. Sileny Jizda

Sileny Jizda Kilted Krome

News Credits:
    I just ordered two of these guys to see how they are given the price of the original. One question I have is has anyone tried the Reprolable set with this version? I'm wondering with the slight upsizing if they would work or be completely off.

16. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some stickers work, other do not.
    These guys look like one to one copies of the Hasbro versions, but most of the molding is totally redone and it affects the surface details dimensions as a result.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Blackhand

Blackhand Well-Known Member

Yay, my Iron Rhino arrived today, within two weeks, not bad for economy international shipping :)  (though it puzzles me why packages from China always travel through France). It feels to be slightly better in terms of quality than previous two, joints are stiff, ratchets are tight. Only issue I have is that transformation hinge on left shoulder keeps popping out. I wonder how it will hold together in combined mode - I mean, his hips seem to be only spot that carries all weight (it seems Rhino's feet just tab to lock hip joints from moving).
    And I'm surprised, mold flashes are almost nonexistent this time...

Side note, I've changed my mind regarding "smartlulup002 Store", they managed to mess all three of my recent orders
    - I've ordered Sabretooth with box, they shipped him loose,
    - I've ordered WJ OS CW Defensor set, they forgot to include instructions for Streetwise,
    - Iron Rhino - retail box is crushed on front and top, clamshell is pretty much in shreds.
    "Once is happenstance twice coincidence three times enemy action"?

18. GeoffDes

GeoffDes Well-Known Member

I normally use smartlulup002 as well but they were slow on putting the new guy up so I went ShowZ. I think I might stick to that for certainty purposes for the last two now that this has progressed from "eh, this is nice to have and the upgraded wings would be worth the $20" to "I'm $60 in on this and actually want to make sure he gets finished." They probably got surprised that someone ordered WITH the box. :) 

I still haven't dared to do the Rampage stickers. Those look REALLY finnicky, especially in comparison to the relatively simple ones on the other two.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tungg

Tungg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been ordering from tfsourse is there someone shipping to the us faster?
    Took 3 weeks for the first figure
    Links to showz or smartlulup
    Please and thank you

20. Aahz321

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

TFDirect has gotten each piece to me within a week and a half. If I order on a Friday I usually have it within 2 Wednesdays, sometimes that following Friday. I've never had to wait more then 2 weeks when ordering from them. I'm on the east coast so I don't know if that helps.

• Like Like x 2