KO oversize Headmasters

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Apr 10, 2017.

?

Are you interested in these?

1. Yes

57.9%
  2. Maybe

20.3%
  3. No

21.8%
  1. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

2. marioxb

marioxb Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20211029-174603_YouTube.jpg Is there a comparison with the 3rd party Masterpiece Headmasters? I want smaller MP Headmasters, because I don't like them being giants. I'd want something inbetween the Titans and MPs. Ideally, I'd want them to be the same size as the masterpiece Fans Toys Kup, Blurr and Hot Rod. I'd want my MP Headmasters to be this scale:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Beauman

Beauman Banned

These guys are about the size of Kingdom Galvatron. Maybe half an inch taller.
    If you want the Headmasters to be the size of an MP carbot, these OS's are what you're looking for. DSC_0655.JPG

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. marioxb

Someone have a pic of all ten 1987 guys? Did they make all ten? Do they have fake names so I know what to look for when trying to purchase them?

5. Beauman

Beauman Banned

Sadly they only ever did the three 87 Decepticons and the 4 Autobots.
    These guys were produced before Siege Apeface and ER Snapdragon were made and both of them are about half an inch shorter than the OS Headmasters.

• Like Like x 1
  6. marioxb

Oops yeah, I meant 9. Was counting Zarak as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. marioxb

Well I liked the size they were in Rebirth best myself. Which is why I think these OS guys would be perfect for my Masterpiece collection, instead of the "official" MP scale ones. Anyone have a pic of all of Wei Jang's OS Headmasters next to each other? I already ordered an Earthrise Snapdragon to fill his role and will get Siege Apeface as well. From what I understand, those two will fit in pretty well with Wei Jang's. Along with Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Earthrise Scorpinok. I renamed their two heads (larger then smaller) Cerebros and Spike (of course) and Ferak and Zarak. I also want to make MP51 Arcee into a Headmaster and I think she'd scale nicely with all of these as well.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  8. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Unfortunately, Apeface and Snapdragon are new-style voyagers, and will be a bit smaller, rather than a bit bigger (as they should be) - though that variance may not bother you.

I don't have a photo handy, but you should be able to google around and find one with a bunch of the Weijiang OS headmasters next to each other. But also, any picture showing the Has/Tak TR versions will suffice to give you a sense of scale, as all 7 of them have been upscaled by the same degree (again, to maintain the compatibility for the heads/nebulans).

I'd describe them as "beefy voyagers"-- definitely larger and bulkier than your typical MP car autobot, but not enormous.

I like them very much, but I have small gripes aesthetically... Chromedome doesn't quite have the G1 toy styling that most of the others do, and I think they definitely should have used a Triggerhappy remold for Brainstorm, rather than a Blurr remold.

I also appreciate the small improvements made to the Skullcruncher, but he feels a bit cheaper than the others (he was the first I believe). Weirdwolf has the exacty same problem as the Hasbro original. The hinges on his cockpit are small and stressed, and break easily, although the rubbery inlay still allows the cockpit hatch to stay attached and close properly. Otherwise, these figures feel durable as heck.

If you're not too worried about Nebulan compatibility, I think the Geneations Brainstorm subs in nicely as a MP Brainstorm (he's a taller, thinner voyager), and the old ToyWorld Hardbone is a decent size if you like the idea of Hardhead being just a bit more burly than the rest of them (plus, you can often find him cheap on the secondary market these days).

z

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. SMOG

Google provides (sort of) :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. marioxb

Oh that's awesome, and thanks for the pics! Yeah, kinda sucks that Ape/Snaps are a little smaller rather than larger, but they are close enough, I guess. Great idea to use Generations Brainstorm in place of the Wei Jang. I'll have to see how Hardbone looks with the rest. What about FansProject Chromedome in place of the Wei Jang's as well? I think the size might be close... The only other one that I am iffy about is Mindwipe. Titan Returns is kinda meh. Too bad no one upscaled the MechFansToys one, that one looks nice! Now to find Targetmasters to match up with Fans Toys Hot Rod, Blurr and Kup....

11. SMOG

I mean, WJ Brainstorm might be easier and cheaper to obtain if you don't already have a Generations Brainstorm, but I think the Generations version is a really great figure (surprised it never got any repaints/remolds).

Hardbone is just a big beefier and slightly taller than the WJ Hardhead. FP Chromedome is definitely a bit more square and retro-looking - smaller too, I think, which works for me because he's a car (not at tank, helicopter or jet).

But again, both are probably harder to find and still more pricey than just getting the WJ ones. Depends on your priorities I guess. :) 

z

12. marioxb

Thanks. I haven't really bought any Transformers since G1 except MP scale ones, and not too many yet. I had some weird dragon Megatron once, didn't care for it much. I should have my order from TCP in a few days with the RP-01B cassettes and Earthrise Snapdragon.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SMOG

There are a lot of options out there now. Handy if you want to pick-and-choose your collection.

My collection is full of redundancies by now. :) 

z

• Like Like x 1
  14. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

The Fansproject Headmasters are more than a head smaller than the Weijiang KO's. The FP's are my Headmasters for my classics collection, but since I'm okay with Hardhead being bigger since he's a tank, he's Weijiang KO.

Since I understand you want to mix them with MP cars, FP Chromedome is about the same size as the new MP Skids, who's the smallest MP car. KO Hardhead is between a regular MP carbot and a MP seeker/Ironhide thus a bit bigger.

• Like Like x 1
  15. marioxb

Decisions, decisions! That might work. Thanks! Basically this is how I want my MP display to look. Screenshot_20211226-203723_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20211231-103308_YouTube.jpg

16. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, FP Chromedome is just a tad taller than the official headmasters, so too small for the Wei Jang ones, unless, like SMOG said, you accept an alt mode based scale.

Just wanted to add that the official Hardhead with Nonnef custom feet kind of fits the FP headmasters (a bit small head, though):

autobot headmasters.JPG

• Like Like x 1