KO OS Studio Series - Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by kortess, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    I know that every discussion I have with someone about the listed sizes in the movies always ends with someone having to point out that their sizes changed pretty frequently anyhow, but even the scale charts you see made from the rendered models on YouTube show you that the ‘official’ heights are wrong.

Prime has always been listed at 28’ for the first movie (and, on occasion, the sequels would have him listed at 31-35’ due to the supposed integration of his flight tech/trailer) while Megatron was listed at 36’ in the first, but I think it’s common knowledge now that Prime was originally slated to be about 32’, which explains why he’s noticeably taller than Starscream, who has an odd, inverted-knee effect which makes him look smaller.

But the supposed 8-foot difference between Prime and Megatron in the first movie just isn’t there... Megatron’s definitely bigger than him, but that would leave Prime staring into the area just beneath Megatron’s solar plexus.

2. Average2007MegsEnjoyer

Average2007MegsEnjoyer Member

Guys did your LS-06's box have a flap on the front? Mine doesn't. I think there's something sketchy about that

3. Slustor

Slustor Well-Known Member

I am looking at buying this. How much does the head show in vehicle mode? Is that much of an eye sore?

4. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I mean… it’s one of the defining traits of this megatron’s design….

• Like Like x 4
  5. Cold Mango Juice

Cold Mango Juice Todos saúdam Megatron!

News Credits:
    What's your definition of eye sore? The head is visible in alt mode, which is accurate to the movie, though there is quite a bit of alt mode kibble integrated into the head. On the figure, there is some alt mode kibble that slightly replicates this.

These images might help. One is concept art and the other is from the movie. The head is visible in both depisctions, but you can see just how much alt mode kibble is there as well.

It's worth noting that while the bot mode is pretty faithful to the movie representation, the alt mode is not so much (longer and "thinner" instead of shorter and wider). Great overall figure though (aside from the calf panels that like to fall off).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. doughyresplendent

doughyresplendent Well-Known Member

so is this true? the latter posts still hasn't clarified if LS06S is just a paintjob or if it does have new ratchets.

7. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

What Octo says, he has his head on full display as it should! he is gorgeous.

I have him and I can not find any ratchets on him but I have the "normal"version.. I do not see why they would include ratchets on a repaint trough.
    That said, he is tight and sturdy and is gorgeous in both modes. While I see why people would want ratchets, I do not miss them on this toy at all..
    and something to think about, Shockwave is much of the same mold but has ratchets and is one of the weakest figures around (altrough stunning and I did not have issues with my 2nd one.

But back to Megatron, get him.. he will not be a dissapointment

• Like Like x 2