KO OS Studio Series - Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by kortess, Jul 27, 2018.

1. A Good Noodle

A Good Noodle “We’re werewolves, not swear-wolves”

Does his cannon arm take the same?

2. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

Yes

• Like Like x 1
  3. Segor

Segor Well-Known Member

Trying to buy an LS-06 for a decent price, budget is limited as I need to export it from the US to Costa Rica and than adds like $40 to the pricing.

4. IcedPhoenix

IcedPhoenix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone have a "regular" right arm they're willing to let go of? I know some people only like the murder claw. But I bought one with only the Canon and I would love to have a somewhat symmetrical megs.

5. CapZat

CapZat Well-Known Member

still amazes me how NOBODY talks about the worst part of this figure, the knees, I think that just 1 Chinese review said something about this issue, and for those who want to buy this figure, I had 2 Tank Mega Commanders and this issue is a total dealbreaker
    The Knee connectors are made of Die-Cast, BUT the figure has plastic tabs, in the lower legs, and that plastic tab needs to connect to the die-cast connector
    Metal connector + Plastic tab = destroyed plastic tab
    it will take maybe 2 transformations until the tiny plastic tab is vanished due to friction against a tight metal piece, and the worst part: Studio Series Megs had knee joint because both, connector and tab were made of plastic, without risk of a metal piece cutting a small plastic piece, LS-06 doesn't have knee joint if you want to use the knee joint you'll end with a super floppy leg because the tiny plastic piece who holds the entire lower leg will be destroyed, and if you want to transform him you'll need to disassemble the lower leg every time to avoid that problem, avoid this figure if you want a fully posable MP-like Megs, TFDreamFactory doesn't have that problem I think, and I hate DF's Megs head and size, for me BMB's Megs has a perfect size, the worst decision was putting a die-cast piece there, and again is ridiculous how nobody and not even 1 English reviewer said something about this

6. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

Thanks for sharing this, was thinking about picking up the weathered version for Black Apple's Prime.

Now that I know the knee joints have a build failure risk on top of it already having 0 ratchets, I'll just hope ThreeZero make a DLX version since I already have DreamFactory's one.

7. CapZat

CapZat Well-Known Member

I bought the Limited Battle Damage ver. because it looks cool but I'll put him in a glass cabinet as a statue (Less expensive than Prime1's statues and he looks good) but again for a Transformable figure is a total no-no, even worse for a playable figure because the entire lower body is a brick, no waist, no knees, hips without ratchet joints, the only real articulation is in the ankles, as a statue with interchangeable arms and LEDs is a beautiful piece, and I bought him considering that, so if u want to buy this figure consider that too so you'll not be disappointed

8. Xyphos

Xyphos Well-Known Member

Mine doesnt seem to take those for his gun, they are too small, will post an update once I figure out what the gun takes, the head does take two batteries though LR41

For reference I have the ls06 not the s version if they changed that for the repaint

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2020
  9. erwinsims

Weird, I just installed fresh ones in mine, they are all the same batteries on mine.
    Did you check if the contact points? Sometimes they are a little flat and dont make contact, just push them up a little to make contact, you need 2 batteries per location.
    By the way, I started painting mine, he is close to being done. 5512C78E-08A9-4C1B-802E-5EC884D1C0E3.jpeg A6ADBD2C-CD48-4748-BB3A-DF3B15AE23C9.jpeg A323E234-5D91-493F-BADF-448ED1898704.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Xyphos

Xyphos Well-Known Member

Nice, I'm thinking of doing something similar paint wise, and it turns out the contact points wernt in the right side of the battery enclosure, so I moved one of then then the batteries fit snugly, so I guess I look a fool but atleast if anyone was a simular issue they can learn from me being an idiot without looking at it properly the first time

• Like Like x 1
  11. Xyphos

Xyphos Well-Known Member

I'm also considering cracking out the old 3d modelling skills and designing a more g1esque head as I got this Megatron to go with the newer bee prime by the same company because i wanted them to be in the same scale, and as we have no knightverse megatron design yet it was this or finding an upscale g1 mega who I personally find too bland but bayverse is too over designed so I guess il get a hypothetical knightnerse meg if one exists in the future

• Like Like x 1
  12. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    There is a fan design BB universe Megatron on the way from a 3rd party if you want to wait for that.
    Monocrat MT-01 Megatank (Tank Megatron)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Xyphos

Xyphos Well-Known Member

Well I have this megatron in my hands atm but he can always have his place next to prime swapped for that one when i get my hands on that, might still dabble with making the head swap if for nothing other than practice to brush off the old skills, havnt rendered anything in awhile

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. erwinsims

You dont look like a fool, it would have helped to have + and - signs.. I still have to look everytime ;-)

painting him is fun, there is so much detail and slight differences in metalcolors give an already awesome figure more depth and detail.

15. Xyphos

Xyphos Well-Known Member

Yeah I just got frustrated at the lack of documentation on the batteries it required (all the listings only say not included) but your post was helpful in the end when I released the assembly was in wrong, but it was so loose I was able to carefully slide it out and back down on the inside of the housing and voila batteries fit the socket and complete the circuit

• Like Like x 1
  16. Xyphos

Xyphos Well-Known Member

Il post a pic of what it looked link compared to now incase anyone else ends up with the same issue once I've got a few more posts on here, anyway I used to paint warhammer so something this large should be a cakewalk compared to tiny 30mm scale, just gotta figure out what to paint on him, perhaps some lighter shade metal highlighting on some of the solid grey parts on the "ribs" and such to make him less monocolor there

17. erwinsims

I used the pictures from the Prime1 statue
    As a guide, that is the best representation of this Megatron.
    The colors I use are all from Tamia:
    Gold, silver, steel, metallic grey, aluminium and copper and titanium silver.
    I also mixed bronze, antique gold, rustbrown and oxidized copper myself.

that is what I used on him.
    Most of the steel colors dont really show on the pictures but give him more depth.

18. Xyphos

Xyphos Well-Known Member

And I just broke the mushroom peg on the gun arm so I guess im going to have to glue that and be extra gentle with it in future

So for anyone who didnt know the gun arms friction joint is really tight and you have to be careful not put the force on the peg else this happens

The spare arm and left arm dont have this issue though so why they didnt atleast use the same kind of joint or ratchets I dont know

On the other hand look he can cosplay as lockdown :V

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2020
  19. tfgato

tfgato Felinecon

My LS-06S just arrived and came with that same peg broken, I am checking with the seller if he can get me a factory replacement, meanwhile I just glued it with super glue and baking soda.

Also I have noticed a little bit of paint remains in my fingers when manipulating it, will Tamiya TS79 or Testors Dullcote seal the paint without changing the finish too much?.

snap0000543.png
    snap0000544.png
    snap0000545.png

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Xyphos

Xyphos Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of pinning mine with either a nail/screw or thin metal rod as the socket is tight and I want it reinforced to prevent it happening again, espiecally if I swap the arms for any reason, but I am worried drilling the hole for that with crack and splinter the plastic, let us know if you have any luck with factory replacements, honestly with all the parts made from metal why didnt they make this one metal too