KO OS Maketoys Guardia

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Well-Known Member

Sigh, I have to agree with you. The popularity of TW Constructor is pushing 3P's to MP scale combiners.

Plus I keep forgetting that Defensor is not the most popular of combiners.

Maybe Jinbao will come out with an OSKO, or YueXing with a simplified diecast version, or NBK/WeiJiang with a simplified but improved version. :lol 

I just hope GT Guardian fares better, but like you said, I doubt it now.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gen jay

Gen jay Well-Known Member

I grew up in Hougang Ave. 5, lived there for 20 yrs with my parents before moving to Melbourne. :) 

tbh I actually find aesthetics for both GT / TFM and MT combiners are very similar. And personally prefer MT's design compared to GT's defensor.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Hougangkid

Street 11 represent! And I lived in Melbourne for 2 years as well (Carlton, Richmond & Clayton suburbs).
    Hougangsters for life! We ride together, we die together! :p 

Don't get me wrong. I love MakeToys designs. When it comes to combiners, MakeToys and GT are my favorite designs, none of that Toon-looking simplified aesthetic that is the current craze right now.

For my personal opinion, MakeToys has a sleeker, more complicated, Japanese anime look; while GT goes the IDW route, and is simpler, but beefier as well. Both I like!

• Like Like x 1
  4. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

Yay finally my fav YouTube reviewer..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hougangkid

"He rolls, as all robots things should?" :D 
    (At least that's a new one).

Looks like a lot of tight tabs, I can foresee bleeding fingers and broken fingernails transforming this and the combined mode. Even Emgo broke 2 tabs on the forearms prior, how often does that happen?

Now to wait for his Combined mode video before deciding if I should get this.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bbanzai123

bbanzai123 Well-Known Member

Just got my Vulcan today. So happy!!
    The tolerances are a bit scary, but owning the Maketoys version helps with getting everything where it needs to be. He does stand better, but just be mindful of the weight distribution and he should be fine.
    I loved the original set and now I have fallen in love all over again. Nice job Yesmodel! 20200204_145407.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Got mine yesterday and messed with it for an hour or so. The only tabs I had any real issue with were the arms that fold out of his breastplate. Once folded out, they would NOT fold back. I had to take it apart and trim down the locking tab a good bit, otherwise the arms would have snapped off before going back in.

Funny part is, I still don't know what those arms are even for. Vehicle mode storage? Armor mode? No idea.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. bbanzai123

The arms lock into Vulcan's back in armored mode.
    I also loosened the four screws on the back of the chest plate for easier movement.

• Like Like x 1
  9. rendsora

I just loosened the above two screws behind the breastplate. Problem solved.

It's used in Vulcan robot mode (to attach it behind his back for storage & as a missile rack).

This issue was highlighted in Benskollectables video. A potential disaster waiting to happen.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  10. Metrofro

Metrofro Member

My Vulcan arrived yesterday but I didn't have time to play:(  This evening was a different story however:)  I have got to say I really like the heft of the fig and the engineering is nuts, flip, turns, twists and tabs everywhere. What I can't say is that I really enjoyed transforming him; due in great part to that very same engineering. Every step it seemed I was about to break something. The amount of careful force required to get some of those tabs in/separated was unnerving.

With this being the oversized version I can only imagine the fresh hell that was transforming the original My only other nit pick is that, while I really love the look of this Defensor, I wish he was somewhat less of a squat chonky boy. Not too much, maybe a inch or two with an extension of the lower leg and a re-kerjiggering of how Groove and Streetwise stand in..... It's the sort of thing that makes one think about getting a 3D printer.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A 1/4 inch insert in the upper leg would likely help with the proportions.
    I've still not transformed mine any further than robot mode it looks like something i need to research before I attempt it.
    Reminds me a bit of Make Toys stuff where they design tolerances and tabs very poorly sometimes.

12. rendsora

These two I've used often as point of reference:

13. rendsora

Woo hoo Emgo just uploaded the combination video!

14. leus

leus TFW2005 Supporter

I really like this guy, but he doesn't fit in to any combiner scale that I collect .......maybe Warbotron ?? Feral Rex ?? scale.

15. bbanzai123

Love Emgo's reviews, but sometimes he sabotages himself by not lining everything up properly before tabbing.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ryuune

Ryuune Well-Known Member

Has anyone found a way to fix the floppy arms problem, as pointed out also in EmGo review?

17. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

After watching Emgo's video I'll say that the CW version is going to stay as my Defensor.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Well-Known Member

After watching a couple of reviews, I'm starting to really like the look of this combiner, even though it's quite flawed. Which is very bloody annoying as I can't find the full set for sale anywhere (well, from somewhere that'll ship to the UK).

Most vexing. :/

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  19. ShadowOfSilver

ShadowOfSilver Element 47

Ebay:
    If anyone is looking to offload theirs, I am definitely still in the market for the whole set. :) 

20. whodathunk328

whodathunk328 Well-Known Member

I was just going to list the limbs. Sealed in box still. PM me, if intersted