KO OS Maketoys Guardia

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Jul 4, 2017.

1. blurr95

blurr95 Team Monkey Pants

Good job, nice that you were able to fix it yourself, and make it better.

Jason

• Like Like x 1
  2. cxb452

cxb452 Member

How long should it take to go from China to NYC? I ordered from TF Safari and they shipped on the 15th. According to tracking it left China on the 17th but there hasn’t been any update since. I know I should be patient but I’ve ordered from Japan, China, Taiwan and Singapore before and never had to wait this long. Is this a normal wait, and I’ve just been really lucky in the past?

3. Prometheus 073

Prometheus 073 Well-Known Member

Not Hot Spot Arrived today. SO MUCH more impressive in person. Can't wait to get him combined.

• Like Like x 2
  4. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You also have to consider it's the CNY period right now.

5. cxb452

cxb452 Member

I know but according to the tracking, it left China on the 17th. So that’s a week before the start of the celebration.

6. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my Vulcan OSKO today seem OK - bit small but overal OK ( I do kinda prefer the TFC one though)

7. rendsora

News Credits:
    Bit small? I thought the make toys one were smaller? Lol

8. Max Tower

News Credits:
    He's small compared to what I expected him to be next to the limbs - especially considering it forms most of the combiner body - he seems smaller than say Warbotron or Unique toys Onslaught - that may just be a first impression - I litteraly just got him i've only inspected the tray he'd still in the box still. I'll have a better idea once I can compare him with other team leaders if he is actually small - also I need to transform his legs from packaging mode to proper mode that may make a bit of a difference too.

9. rendsora

News Credits:
    Nah I just took out the original Warbotron Onslaught (not the OS Jinbao version).

It's very very short when compared to this OS Vulcan. Yeah the mistransformed legs might've given u the wrong impression.

10. Prometheus 073

Yeah, not too shabby. I like the sculpting on this guy quite a bit. It's very clean and heroic. The set's pretty awesome, but I still don't really like Groove. He's just really freakazoid and kibbley. The combiner is a a handful, getting everything tabbed in right and arranged, but then again the tabs and the connections are there and they work well, so I am not complaining.

Wish he was a bit bigger combined, but the individual bot modes are just about perfect for my MP collection. It will definitely stand in well unless and until something a little bigger comes along...

DSCF1618.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  11. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Some sort of carbon-based bastard.

Is that regular or OS Warbotron?

12. Prometheus 073

That's the jinbao oversized.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Some sort of carbon-based bastard.

Thanks for that. :) 

Looking at the sizes, he doesn't seem much bigger than TFC Prometheus, really. Not sure it'd be worth learning the wacky world of Taobao to acquire the full set.

Does look nice, though...

14. Prometheus 073

Yeah, it's sorta weird... I'm glad I have it, I really like it, but I probably would not have bought it if I had known in the beginning what its proportions were going to be.

15. rendsora

News Credits:
    So the original Warbotron will be roughly same size as him.

Have to bear in mind that the original sizes for all the Guardia limb bots were scout sized TFs.

With regards to Groove, he seems to be the odd one out of the rest, aesthetically he looks more like a naked Bayformers bot. All gangly endoskeleton-ish. But it's a bit strange..when I first got him, I really hated his design and barely fiddled with him. But now since the arrival of Vulcan, I've got more time to play and transform him.. somehow I'm ok with him lol

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  16. Manuel Taker

Manuel Taker Well-Known Member

wow...that just kills it for me, i have the jinbao and JJ combiners and i was hoping this was just a bit smaller but it seems the size difference is too big, thanks for the pic bro

17. Prometheus 073

Yeah, it's pretty much exactly what I was expecting, but I bought a set anyway hoping it could pass standing on a shelf with my other oversized stuff. It probably would be okay with my Jimbao Predaking, but not with these other guys.

Still... it's a great set, and since I already own them, and since there's nothing better... I'll hold onto it and admire it for what it is.... Beautiful. And like I said before, the individual Bot modes are scaled GREAT for MP display. It's just Defensor who is small. And so long as he is not right NEXT TO some other combiner, he is still going to look GREAT. Definitely worth the price to me.

DSCF1620.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  18. icemanff23

icemanff23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got my vulcan in. First impressions hes solid and awesome, surprisingly stable too.

I have 1 issue. The red torso area I cannot seem to keep them closed there is like small gap there. Do any of you have that issue.
    Cause others wanted a pic i have it near my ordin and with my favorite legends figs.
    20200130_145855.jpg 20200130_180121.jpg 20200130_181319.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  19. Max Tower

News Credits:

Seems that way once, I got him out of the box and extended his legs he looks more like the size I was expecting him to be. even more so if yoy put the combiner feet on the side of his legs as added armour.

So my second stage impressions are that he can't hold his gun and that some of the joints tend to move on their own a bit in the torso and might need a bit of attention to remedy that. Overall though I like what I see so far.

• Like Like x 1
  20. dxorcist

dxorcist Well-Known Member

Mine has the same issue with the red torso. Looking closely it is because one side is shaved down while the other side isn't which makes the left side fine while the right side won't close properly (At least on my figure).

• Like Like x 1