KO OS Maketoys Guardia

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Gen jay

Gen jay Well-Known Member

Would love just getting an OS MT hotspot !! Hope they'd release these in a box set , or at least a month apart.

Edit: just re-read the text, it's going to match both GT TFM combiners, and no simplification. Happy Chappy :) 

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Agree. I don't know why yes model keeps picking on MT.

Don't get me wrong, I am loving everything YM is churning out and will continue to try to pick them all up, but it does seem odd that they keep picking only on 1 company.

Strange yes that FT is left alone. I don't think ft is over priced for what you get so maybe it's not worth it for a company to KO FT and keep the materials up to snuff? Less profit for them to KO a ft item? I'm probably wrong..

You're probably right....

As an aside.. I picked up Guardia on sale and I got to say, I love him. Too small yes for MP but as stand alone bots, they are cool little figures with tonnes of unique transformations and looks. Pretty fragile though so I don't mess with them much. Very thing and lythe joints and they are all on the small side of things.

But the aesthetic I think is awesome and goes great with striker manus and the like. I'd buy is versions as well but honestly it's just bc I'm a fan. If you're looking for MP style, these probably aren't it...

3. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

Oh wow! About time!

I have the original, and axle was quite the POS, diecast wise. Otherwise, best looking defensor so far!!

4. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

Steel tooling isn't cheap to produce in the first place, if a company can sell it off after use then MT can make some money back. Or simply YM have access to certain factories who should have demolished molding after it's use etc. Tooling also degrades after use and can be costly to repair. Maybe YM were happy to take on these costs and have a deal with MT

No one really knows, it's all an assumption but there's obviously a reason other than randomly picking a company, they obviously have connections with MT be it legit or dubious.

5. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Waiting to see whether I can use this for parts for my CW Defensor with C+ upgrade. Specifically the head and fireball cannons. And also Blades and First Aid. I don't care much for the MT robot modes at all, but I think that the two I mentioned have nice alt/limb modes. Here's hoping that size sort of works and the connectors can be jury rigged.

How are the MT connectors, for those with Guardia? Does it seem possible to work them into a CW port?

6. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

These will be much bigger than CW figures.

7. Oshboggy

I don't think they'll be grossly oversized compared to CW and I'm interested in them for limb mode with the C+ upgraded Defensor (which bulks the regular Defensor up quite significantly) ... we'll see. You may be right. It's a hope. At the very least the fireball cannons will be an easy swap for the way too big ones that came with the C+ kit.

8. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    So an MP car (which these guys are sized to) is not oversized compared to CW? Ok, I guess i can grab the UT Combaticons to enhance my CW Bruticus then.

9. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

I think you are going to end up with some sort of popeye arms or freak calf muscles looking Defensor.

10. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

unlikely...if they retain MT's original port designs at least. Probably only possible with some shapeways mods.

11. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hmm well this is surprising and not quite what I was looking for at this point in my collection. In fact I've been debating selling off my Warb-scaled 14-15" combiners completely but this would certainly blend in nicely. Not sold on this but I'm intrigued as I've always loved the more stylized anime look from Maketoys combiners.

12. Oshboggy

Heh. The C+ upgrade bulkifies the regular Defensor by quite a bit. The CW arms (I'm using Blades and First Aid) are looking a bit weedy, especially Blades. And the original combiner head is a total pinhead.

Of course I'll wait for this set to actually come out before deciding if the two of them look good with C+. It's probably gonna be a bitch to rig the connectors/will need special 3D print mods anyway so I won't bother if they don't size right.

People were throwing round the idea of ripping the head from the existing OS CW to see if that would work on the C+ torso, but I haven't seen anyone actually do it.

Just possibilities, guys.

13. robh

robh Decepticon

Boo all my combiners are in the 18" range, so I'll pass

14. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

if YM fixes all the issues with their version of guardia...i see no reason for you to keep the CW defensor around, without or without the C+ upgrade.

Will be waiting to see MMC/GT's take on defensor next...

15. Oshboggy

There is no way that i will be replacing my C+ Defensor with an OS Guardia. Guardia is not bad looking at all but is just ... too Gundam/anime robot/CHUGgy to be my main Defensor. If I had to choose one as as my main, I'd prefer the SOXy look that the C+ version kinda has going on.

I had high hopes for an MMC Defensor, especially from the Hotspot renders, but that looks to be so far on the back burner as to be practically a dead project. Would be great if that project came alive again, though.

As for GT ... if their Devy is anything to go by, a GT Defensor will be too megachuggy for my taste as well.

16. Ragnar454

Ragnar454 Well-Known Member

If this is going to be mp quality, with proper mp scaling in bot mode (limbs = car bot, hotspot = mp10), then I don't care about combined mode, im in for the individual bots. Might go good with tfm stunticons as individuals. Wish UT would have done it like this instead of over sized individual bots and undersized combined mode.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Awesome, have had a brutal time buying a complete Guardia. Now it should be easy if i dont get this instead.

18. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

Funny you should mention that. I am really enjoying the Warbotron-scaled Combiners (so far, I have Gravity Builder only), and have recently started looking into expanding my collection.

19. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Interesting. I've still got the oversized TFC Hotspot finished and sat in a drawer waiting for oversized limbs as the original tfc ones are too pricey if you don't live in the states. I don't mind Defensor being the runt of the combiner shelf either so if theses are dirt cheap I'm all in for the arms at the very least.

20. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Yes Model team shared the same pics of earlier today, giving us some infos on this project so this is what I got from the damn google translation :D :

- The full combiner's team will be on the market in 7 - 11 months (EDIT: or between july and november): Rover (Streetwise) will be the first and will be out later this month yet.

- Prices of full team won't exceed the 1200 yuan range, so $177 circa as today.

- The details wont' be simplified. They oversized the molds to be in scale with MP and other 3P products.

- Better structure.

- Better playability.

- "More cost-effective"

Anyway here below is the original description, if you want to correct my interpretation ;)  c/o 型模良品

Schermata 2017-07-04 alle 18.15.07.jpg

• Like Like x 8