KO OS GT Gravity Builder (Devastator)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Bystander, Nov 2, 2017.

1. halfaway

halfaway Did you think you were cool?

[​IMG] ----------- that looks paper thin !

• Like Like x 1
  2. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On the first line of the photo, it's "3D printed version", so hopefully the real product won't be like this.
    And it also said "3D printed version early this year", so this project has been going on for at least 6 months or more.

3. Ryuune

Ryuune Well-Known Member

if it's the same quality of their OS Warbotron should be good enough. For several aspects the knock off is even better than the original, even no considering the overscale, like the added ratchet and stability

• Like Like x 2
  4. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    on one on one hand, I don't need this at all. I have all three versions of combiner wars and unite Warriors Devastator. On the other hand, it definitely looks cool and combined mode and I already have both of the existing wj oversized knock-offs.

Taking everything into account, I will probably pass this simply because space is starting to become a real issue in my studio and I have to spend my money on characters that haven't really been nailed yet. Between the individual modes of the combiner wars and the combined mode of toy world's, I think I have devastated or not. And even at the WJ oversized scale, the official Devastator works perfectly

• Like Like x 1
  5. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I second the poster who I second the poster who wants an oversized Ordin. everything this company has put out so far has improved on the original, and the terrorcons totally work as larger Bots

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gen jay

Gen jay Well-Known Member

Two things that I wished JB will tackle on this set; 1) additional pegs to devy’s hips, and 2) fix up those loose panels to devy’s head.

7. Vael6943

Vael6943 Well-Known Member

Yep! I think it likely will. Warbo didn't but then again the original didn't either and they already fixed a lot of its issues. GB doesn't have a ton of issues and did have rubber tires.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    20 inches?

9. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Don't tease me like that.....

Throw in the Warbo Technobots but with the g1 chest plate someone did (Shapeways?) and my combiner days are pretty much done.

FB_IMG_1509750732652.jpg

(Not my pic but that oversized would be glorious)

• Like Like x 4
  10. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah it's off of shapeways, looks great on mine too!

11. Fr33fall

Fr33fall Well-Known Member

If this thing is as good as Warbotron, I will definitely pick one up, and maybe even sell off CW Devy. I absolutely love the design of Gravity Builder, just couldn't justify spending so much on a combiner that's far too short for most of my collection.

• Like Like x 1
  12. robh

robh Decepticon

It’s a fairly safe assumption that anything by GT/TFM/Warbo will get KO’d and likely upsized at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OrangeDraft

OrangeDraft Just another humble servant of Unicorn

Too bad about TFM...
    Their scale is correct and I think get them oversized is ruining the scale of individual robots.

• Like Like x 3
  14. robh

robh Decepticon

There are so many versions of past ones that it’ll probably get 1:1 and upsized, so if you’re looking for a 1:1 you’ll most likely be in luck at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gen jay

Think it makes sense to OS GT devy by 20% to about 45cm shoulder height. Still matches well with TFM havoc, size wise.

CCFAF110-D076-4E19-AA36-DBA1A5464967.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  16. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they do anything they should change the wing mirrors on the mixer they are asking to get snapped off - either simplify them like JJ & NBK has or make them out of silver metal or a rubbery plastic. Same with the ladders on the others they need to be either metal or rubbery plastic - they won't work if they are made of rigid plastic they will just get broken. Alternatively they may get away with thicking the mounting points and the ladders so they are chunkier. but those ones on Scrapper are a disaster waiting to happen.

I would have liked them to over-scale the weapon upgrade set for Warbotron too even if it's not the best fit it's still something that would be nice to have with or-without an over-scale Shockwave. I suspect the existing ones will still work to some degree though.

I noticed when I was watching reviews of Warbotron Computron that a lot of reviewers didn't know that Scattershot's stand/accessory can also form a chest piece for the combined mode. I guess they negelcted to put that in the instructions or something.

I still need to get the regular size Warbotron Technobots - But i'd be totally up for some larger ones too.
    I do wonder if Yes Model plans to wade it's way through all the smaller combiners and upscale them to "Normall size" - I'd certainly like a Warbotron scale Saurus Ru & Quantron. I think they'd benefit immensly from being larger toys and perhaps they could get rid of Fansprojects lazy parts reuses and properly mirror the parts too.

Not to mention if that was over-scalled they could also do what FP refused to and release them in Hasbro colours.

17. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I'm certainly interested. I'll probably wait until it's released to see whether or not it's worth it but I really like how Gravity Builder looks so this would be a cheap way to get one.

18. igme

igme Well-Known Member

I was planning to order an OS warbotron, but I will wait for this instead. How's Jinbao's history of how fast they release their products on time? I mean 2018 is only 2 months away and CNY is 4.

19. Gen jay

I believed their OS warbotron was announced about the same time last year, and was released before CNY ie. Jan 2017

Hopefully this will be the same.

• Like Like x 2
  20. HanDy

HanDy You have been deceived

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm intersted too, but what if Constructor gets Koed as well? Mmmm

• Like Like x 2