KO OS GT Gravity Builder (Devastator)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Bystander, Nov 2, 2017.

1. FiveThousand

FiveThousand Well-Known Member

Yeaaaahhhh Totally missing the visor insert. =(

2. Rubber John

Rubber John Toei all the way

Ebay:
    You can have my spare head if you like.
    I used it as a test piece for silvering the forehead (ready for my G1 head), but the part you want should be ok.
    Give me a few days to fetch it as I'm not currently at home.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FiveThousand

FiveThousand Well-Known Member

Thanks!
    Pm me when you get it. Shoot me a pic or 2. I'll shoot you some money for shipping.

4. Thighvastator

Thighvastator Well-Known Member

Just created my account here and received my OSKO GT GB last week. Now I've only just started with Transformers toys again after more than 2 decades of never following the franchise at all due to that pesky thing known as personal life getting in the way, and this dude is my first ever 3rd party Transformer. I really love the set, I really I think it's worth the $160 I spent and since I'm more of an 80s-90s sentai/robot anime fan previously, I was kind of surprised by how complicated the transformation of today's Transformers are compared to those guys, but managed to complete the combination after watching emgo and a little bit of Ben. Devastator was always my favorite combiner from the animated series and I still remember my late parents refusing to buy his toy all those Christmases ago, so it's really an incredible feeling to finally get a better articulated, modernized and embiggened (lol) version of him today.

However the posing issues are certainly there on mine even with the supposedly more stable yellow version, to the point that I found GB maintains some of the more leaning-forward poses better than the standard A pose stances. I'll try to get some photos uploaded here so the more knowledgeable members can probably tell me if I mistransformed some of the guys (with my luck, it'd be because I mistransformed all of them) or if I really really need UZ's stabilizer kit because I got a bad copy.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  5. Stykthyn

Stykthyn Well-Known Member

Try using a small Phillips screw driver to tighten the ratchets. The upgrade kit has a new crotch piece that really firms up the hips which is his weak spot.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    Technically, the Jinbao set is not 3rd Party, since it's a KO. :D 

And I spot a Throttlebot combiner in one of your photos. Wouldn't that be your first 3rd Party, instead of GB?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thighvastator

Thanks! I think mine already has the new crotch piece installed because his waist doesn't ratchet. I have a suspicion that I did something wrong with Mixmaster in leg mode. Do I have to bend the front bumpers upwards? And do I have to rotate Mixmaster's robot mode feet upwards so they get sandwiched between the cab roof and what would be Devastator's front ankle?

Sorry if I didn't use multiquote since I hit post reply too soon. The Throttlebot combiner is also an OSKO by Wei Jiang of Toyworld's version, the combiner mode kinda scales with GB even with thigh extensions, but I think the individual Throttlebots are too big when compared to the individual Constructicons since they are almost the same height, I think the Constructicons should be significantly larger. And it actually came later than the GB, I bought it only 2 days ago while the 'Cons arrived a week or so ago; the WJ Throttlebot guys also have their own issues mainly in combined mode. However I basically only got them because I want an Autobot team to fight the 'Cons for photos and whatnot. So even though their combined mode is non-canon (and is kind of not fun to mess with) I still think I got deal with $65 for a team of 6 decently sized Autobots. Also, I think the plastic WJ used for the car guys are slightly better than Jinbao's, but the points of articulation are weaker.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2020
  8. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would recommend this:

JBOSKO Gravity Builder Stabilizers for Shapeways by ultramanzoffy on Shapeways

One of the members of this site Ultraman Zoffy created this set.

It works really well in the stability of the gestalt mode. Obviously you will still have to get the figure positioned and balanced but this set helps with firming up the set in the poses you go for.

You get a clip for each heel. That keeps the back of the feet from splitting apart. You get 4 hooks that go around the bucket on the front right foot. That really helps. It did for my set. You get a thin strip that goes in the crotch area and a very small piece that goes in the same region. I’ve still got to file down and paint all the pieces. Either silver or green.

For $16-17 it’s worth it.

EF8C8E64-4A9F-49CC-8EC2-F13E38565D04.jpeg

FACCD24D-2393-4061-A5F6-2F1EC77E63A9.jpeg 0FD45EB6-1C82-4406-838F-0AC3BE4CBCEE.jpeg
    6DECEC2D-407B-4C42-8D58-09917751B325.jpeg 590EFF14-02BC-4538-9013-D811DC9D70C6.jpeg
    D884BC78-FFC8-4D70-8AB8-1165461DE1E7.jpeg
    258BF27B-4978-4663-B995-43AD907C6D72.jpeg 8F578EA4-6453-467B-A781-BEC1B807858F.jpeg C7930A7D-F25B-4685-8168-B1EBF5F18E98.jpeg 31FB7853-3214-4DEA-9563-70E4FB05870F.jpeg 7F725A90-6BCD-4EF8-A29C-A47D55E2F636.jpeg
    3D9CB156-7914-403B-BE38-15E463096804.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  9. Thighvastator

@SJW
    Thank you very much for the great recommendation, I will check him out. I read a few pages back that he also already made a spline lock system for the shoulders? Those aren't on his Shapeways shop yet, it seems.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You are welcome.

I have a similar story to you in that I’ve come back to TFs after a 30-35 year break. I was a kid in the 80s when they first came out. This Jinbao Devy set was my third combiner. 1st one was Unite Warriors Superion and as much as I like it, it is far too small in scale for what I want. Same size as Siege Jetfire.

The Second combiner I secured was Jinbao OS Warbotron (Bruticus). I’m far happier with the scale of these than the regular combiners. I’m currently trying to customise that Warbortron one to be less stylised.

Yes I would like to get that spline lock system. I’m keen to get that as with the passage of time and weight of the limb bots (arms) those shoulder joints will struggle. Those spline locks clearly work wonders to maintain more dynamic arm poses holding the gun/drills with the arms outstretched. Naturally gravity will do its bit and with the weight compromise the integrity of the standard shoulder joints.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bigBrawn

bigBrawn Well-Known Member

Good luck & welcome. I am not much of a long time member as some are as I am about 4 years new to this and with the same starting character, Devestator only I started with combiner wars then seen Toyworld’s version and jumped all over that and sold the other. I was also chasing Fanstoys Dinbots at the same time. When I came upon MP class/size I could not believe what I was seeing, transformers that actually looked like what we saw on screen & what we had to really stretch our imagination with the toys back in the day. My mom didn’t get it either with combiners, “I need multiple ones to make a big one, no you’re just getting one”.

• Like Like x 1
  12. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Anybody know if for the yellow G2 set, is the upgrade kit with the drills automatically included or are there versions of the G2 box set that don't include the upgrade kit pieces?

By upgrade kit, I think it's the replacement crotch piece? Drill hands? Couple other stabilizing pieces?

• Like Like x 1
  13. TaurusOxford

TaurusOxford Well-Known Member

All the G2 sets should come packaged with the drills and the upgrade parts pre-installed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thighvastator

When I purchased my G2 box set, the upgrade kit is in a separate box. However unlike the green one, the upgrade kit only has 2 Duron drills, 2 thigh extensions and the G1 cartoon head, plus a baggie with some screws and a screwdriver. According to what I hear, it's because the other 2 pieces (the cab roof upgrade for Scrapper and the crotch/hip piece upgrade) were already preinstalled on all of the yellow ones.

Some pages back, one of us mentioned that to check if your OSKO GB already has the hip piece installed you can try rotating his waist. If the waist still has hard ratchets then it's still on the original crotch. Mine doesn't, instead it's more like a tight swivel, so I think mine does have the kit already installed. The reason I mention this is because some sellers claimed that later runs of the G1 green sets also come with the Scrapper and combiner hip pieces preinstalled, which explains why some green box sets only get 5 items in their upgrade kits instead of the original 7.

• Like Like x 3
  15. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

@ultraman zoffy , do you have any upgrade kits on Shapeways for the left foot? I notice in some of your pictures you seem to have some 3D printed pieces to keep the cab part of the foot more stable. My Jinbao Devy's left foot seems really floppy and it's hard to support any weight on it. The cab part seems to buckle under Devy's weight unless I pose him JUUUUST right.

16. ultraman zoffy

ultraman zoffy Out here making whatever whenever

There's actually a very specific way to lock the cab in to where it's very stable. I actually don't even use any kind of stabilizer for that foot, once it's set up properly, it's actually secure enough to where the cement mixer can rest on top of it and prevent GB from leaning forward. It's hard to explain, but just keep playing around with it. I'll try to take him down from the shelf and take a pic inside the foot when I have time.

• Like Like x 3
  17. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

I know very well that combiner arms suffer for excess of weight and they become loose after few months but have you noticed if in visible section of arms and shoulder joints,after more than 1 year, have happened some stress marks or very little cracks?Hope that at least those joints although small have very sturdy plastic.

18. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you have to transform his foot so the feet are pressing back against the ankle joint. do this and you will have a very solid left foot. it keeps the roof of the cab from collapsing on itself. it makes for a much more solid foot.

20210105_053334.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  19. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    on a sidenote i think i figured out a quick fix to help devy stay a little more upright.

this is the before and after. im sure everyone here will recognize the before gif.

because as it sits out of the box devy is great. but so damn top heavy the slightest tip sends him falling.

[​IMG]

this second gif he will not tip even when i pull him past the usual tipping area. he is definitely much more stable as his joints actually keep him up.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    Great GIF. The old GB feelin tipsy after a night of binging.

So what's the quick fix?

• Like Like x 3