KO OS GT Gravity Builder (Devastator)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Bystander, Nov 2, 2017.

1. JET7

JET7 Well-Known Member

Oopsie..fixed that thanks. 20190830_184051.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kwolf

Kwolf Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Got this today. 20190831_151517.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. XanderTheGreat

XanderTheGreat Active Member

You're gonna love this if you have any stability issues. I had my doubts about how much difference it could make, but my god did it make a world of difference.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kwolf

Kwolf Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That's good to know, mine has a slight lean to the front, more than I would like it to so hopefully he will stand straight up with this kit.

• Like Like x 1
  5. XanderTheGreat

Mine was really annoying keep falling forward or backwards and took a look of fiddling just to stand up. But now just plunk him down and he's standing. kind of wish they included replacement shoulder ratchets though since mine have seen better days.

6. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The yellow is solid and stands how you put it. A bargain at the price and a good enough yellow G2 for me. Plastic quality is OK but you get that for being a KO.

For anyone who wants to know height compared to Constructor....

20190904_225602.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. Rodann

Rodann Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I’m dying over here. My G2 was in customs limbo for over two weeks, which really isn’t that long but still long enough off the grid to be frustrating, but now it has been cleared through customs for 5 days with no “movement” at all:/

8. minstral

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was late and I couldn't make sense of the instructions. How does the G1 head swap on? How does the original one come off?

9. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

From what I understand you have to take the old head apart and put the new one on. I could be wrong, though.

10. XanderTheGreat

This is correct. While the instructions may not be the best in the world, they should give you the info you need (which screws to undo etc).

11. minstral

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ahh ok. Didn't look too hard but didn't see any screws in the heads. I'll have another look

12. Danbot

Danbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    That pic really helps. This will be perfect for me.as he's the only combiner/Titan I'm going for.

• Like Like x 1
  13. transformer_78

transformer_78 Well-Known Member

So is he able to pull off more dynamic pose now besides being able to stand better? And you can share? Thanks in advance:) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rodann

Rodann Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Just got my first Jinbao upgrade kit today. I actually have a second green one coming, and the yellow set should be here tomorrow:) 

One thing I never noticed anyone mentioning- Does anyone think it’s strange that the drill mechanisms are pull-string instead of battery operated? I think this might be my first pull-string operated Transformer.lol

• Like Like x 2
  15. Clyde the Jackal

Clyde the Jackal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Mine just came in too! Those drills are HUUUUUUGE! I really like the pull string gimmick. There is less stuff to worry about breaking or wearing down doing it that way, though honestly, I might pop em on once just to check it out and never use em again.

I'm most excited to have the big guy be able to actually stand without the feeling of knowing that he'll topple over the second I look away. Probably gonna be a week or two before I even have time to swap out all of the parts. Glad to see the kit did the trick for most people.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tea Time

Tea Time Member

So I seem to have broken MixMaster :( 

I was trying to disassemble Devastator and I was having a very tough time with the leg. I put too much force on it and it s now in two pieces. I'm not sure what to do. Here are two screenshots.
    Side View:
    MixMaster Split - Copy.jpg

Top View:
    MixMaster Split Top - Copy.jpg

Do you all have any tips on how to fix it? Or am I hosed and I need to buy a replacement?

Also, you have any tips on how to assemble/disassemble this? I had to use a screwdriver at some points to move the knee joints. It's quite stubborn.

17. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

Oh, wow. That looks unpleasant. So, uh. Looking at one of mine, you want to take the 4 screws out of the grey piece on the back and hopefully that removes the entire thing from the back without further issue. Then you'd need to take the 3 screws out of the side of the grey, plastic block it is supposed to attach to and see what's going on in there. It might be possible to just screw it back in for all I know. There does seem to be a screw hole inside the post on the piece hat came off, and what looks to be a screw inside the grey piece.

18. Ultra Reverb

Ultra Reverb Well-Known Member

My upgrade set arrived two days ago, hoping to install and play with it tomorrow. The drills are hilariously huge, and I dig the pull string gimmick.

19. Rodann

Rodann Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Finally had time to combine my G2 today, after it got here Monday. FINALLY! No thanks to a frustrating “failed delivery” Saturday, due to road paving.... I don’t have good pics yet, better to wait for daylight.

But one thing I did have, was a slight snafu. The left shoulder port took the ratchet with it, and chewed up the plastic on Hook, as I tried to pry it out. I didn’t see it happening right away, because it was right under the combiner port as it rotated. But the port got stuck on it.

I had to disassemble that section (7 screws, on both sides, including under the two chest covers), and reposition the ratchet back into the slots. I relieved the teeth with a knife, but I overdid it to be safe. No loss, Bonecrusher’s ratchet handles shoulder duty just fine.

I don’t think it was ever in the correct position to begin with, since the internal catch was undamaged. I think this piece was already bulging, I just never noticed it. No big deal- he’s just as sturdy as he would have been, I just know the damage is there.lol

But be careful- this plastic is softer than it looks, and those ratchets can be too much for it.

Attached Files:

20. transformer_78

transformer_78 Well-Known Member

So have any video reviews of the G2 yellow pop up yet?