KO OS GT Gravity Builder (Devastator)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Bystander, Nov 2, 2017.

1. AutoconDeceptibot

AutoconDeceptibot Well-Known Member

Are there any transformation videos out there for this guy? Thanks in advance.

2. neelonrokk

neelonrokk Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. pcsguy88

pcsguy88 I'm a Toys R Us kid TFW2005 Supporter

Not that I noticed, but I use silver backed reprolabels for all of my 3rd party figures anyways.

4. pcsguy88

The grey combiner knee joint flips right around with only 2 or 3 screws to remove. No springs or other fiddly bits to worry about. Took me under 5 minutes to perform the operation.

• Like Like x 2
  5. foobot333

foobot333 Well-Known Member

I found Ben's collectibles ko youtube videos the easiest to follow as I like his voice, camera/editing work, and personality. FWIW.

• Like Like x 2
  6. foobot333

foobot333 Well-Known Member

Whaaaaat??!! Looks like I got another project later today!! Thank you so very much!!

7. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

Sacrilege! EmGo is a gem! Plus he has his Just Transform it! series for those who don't enjoy his wit or humor. Although he never went back and did a Just Transform it! for the set A bots, which is a bummer. But I find his videos incredibly easy to follow unlike some other reviewers who tend to hold the bots too high and partially out of frame when they're trying to transform something extra fiddly.

• Like Like x 4
  8. robh

robh Decepticon

i'm trying to figure out how people say his knees are weak. All leg joints on mine (just got set c in) are so stiff that I basically need a pry tool to move them. I haven't combined them because i'm waiting to finish painting them

• Like Like x 2
  9. Knormal

Knormal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same, I literally had to wedge stuff in the joints to get leverage to get them to move. But I guess that's the kind of variance you get at this price point. I combined mine once and I doubt I'll be doing much more with it, because I'm pretty sure something will eventually snap if I keep moving those joints. Still worth it for the price.

• Like Like x 2
  10. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

Once I pried mine out to combine them, I found that there was a very slight bit of play between teeth in the knee ratchets. That along with his weight made for a near nightmare scenario when getting him settled on my shelf the first night. He ended up falling backwards while I was trying to get his gun in his hand. Luckily I caught him in time. However, since then he's been standing straight with no issues. I've even picked him up and repositioned him a time or two without incident, even let my friend who I sold my old NBK set to hold him. Still solid, just takes a few extra seconds to make sure he's balanced before I walk away. Of course, I do have him backed near a wall, you know, just incase... ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Well-Known Member

So how do you tighten the ratchet joints on this guy? On mine, his knees in particular are weak.

12. pcsguy88

I’m starting to think everyone with weak knees in combined mode received a Longhaul with both combiner ports installed backwards. When backwards, there is only friction to hold a pose, not the blood drawing ratchet teeth of terror that could not possibly be weak from what I saw when I opened mine up.

I do wish the shoulder rachets were about 50% tighter to hold other figures at arms length without having to be sneaky with balancing the weight.

13. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I'm confused now. Can anyone post a pic showing what's the proper combiner port direction for the knees?

• Like Like x 1
  14. deadso

deadso Well-Known Member

I'm debating buying another set C,

1. To tinker with "Dumptruck", fixing tolerances on him fixes 80% of the problem.
    2. The big gun needs a different handle, But;

I don't want to ruin a complete set.

Not on mine, those are more than fine (to tight), but the other(sides; bottom) leg connectors have allot of wiggle room on the knees. The hips are the biggest problem, they wiggle to all sides (hench, leaning him into the ratchets makes him allot more stable).

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  15. Hawkwave

Hawkwave Well-Known Member

If an upgrade set is ever made for this set I would like them to do a set of rubberized shoes that cup the bottom of the feet and add some stability to the connections down there. All of these combiners with low surface contact on the soles of their feet, or Devistator that doesn't have parts forming feet make me very worried they will slip and fall one day.

• Like Like x 1
  16. pcsguy88

Very true on the wiggle room between the ratchets.

17. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, that's the case with mine as well.

18. Kwolf

Kwolf Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Set B came in yesterday an in the shipping box was some faction stickers. Maybe it's individual sellers that add the stickers in the boxes?
    Now I'm waiting for set A

• Like Like x 1
  19. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anybody taken a photo of this big boy next to Hercules?

20. Ultra Magnus Combiner

Ultra Magnus Combiner Well-Known Member

Are you saying there will be a new KO Superion by Jinbao? Also which Superion are they going to base the KO? Also how tall will it be? I would like to see a Undersize Zeta Superion which is the same height as their OS GB Devy and UT Bruticus. Let me know what your instincts tell you if you were to speculate. Thanks.