KO OS(?) dx9 WIP hulkie

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by bacems, Jan 10, 2018.

1. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN Well-Known Member

besides War Giant/Ruiner B and this YX Devastator, are there any other legend scale combiners worth getting? especially Autobot ones to challenge and even out the scales against the pair Decepticon beasts?

2. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Well-Known Member

WeiJiang sells single figures. Taobao is going for 20+ yuan per figure. Not sure if AliExpress has singles as well.

6 pack 4.jpg

LH Single 1.jpg

6 pack 3.jpg

6 pack 2.jpg

3. TIKnTIN

20 yuan, is that like $3 USD converted??? :eek: 

could only seem to find full sets on eBay.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  4. TIKnTIN

found individual figure listings on AliExpress for around $8 USD each. i've never ordered off AliExpress. it looks like the only payment methods accepted is by credit card or by WebMoney, whatever that is?

5. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Not unless you count MechFans Toys Huge Dragon/Omega Supreme.

6. RedEG6

RedEG6 Well-Known Member

and ToyWorld Infinitor / Fort Max

• Like Like x 1
  7. TIKnTIN

placed my ordered for the YX version, plus got the WJ Long Haul added to the order for an additional $5 to swap the crotch cover. can't believe this sets me back under $35 shipped. that's less than the majority of the single legends and plus scale figures i've collected, and about the price of two figures for the rest of the cheaper figures i have. that's just CRAZY!!! :confused: 

• Like Like x 1
  8. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Hey, can you link me to those? I need a Bonecrusher for a custom Gravedigger.

9. TIKnTIN

10. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Thanks. I actually remembered I still had the figures from the set I'd used the hip skirt from, and frankensteined together a Gravedigger using parts from all of them.

11. TIKnTIN

my YX devy came today! :D  with my one extra WJ OS longhaul for mod purpose.

most of the individual figures in bot mode are still pretty hideous in looks and not much of an improvement over the G1 original toys. the worst two being bonecrusher and scavenger with the shovels on the front side. :confused: 

good thing i bought it solely to be combined. he looks pretty sweet i must say. great improvement over my original G1 i still have that i bought BITD when it was released! ;) 

only neg i found so far is that his elbow joints are too loose to hold up his gun in either arms one handed. hopefully can address that with some polish.

DSC07920.JPG

DSC07923.JPG

DSC07924.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  12. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Some sellers accept Paypal but, there's a surcharge. Their payment system is Alipay so, youre pretty safe.

13. Charlock

Charlock Well-Honed Blender

He looks great! Who did you end up ordering through? I placed an order for one through HZJ about two months ago and he cancelled it and told me that shipping from Hong Kong was just far too expensive at that time.

14. TIKnTIN

eBay, from perfect_bid_price

i can say nothing but it being a great experience buying from this eBay seller. at first i asked if i could get it shipped in original packaging but said it would be significantly more expensive to ship, so stuck with the loose repackaging offered for delivery, which was well done and everything arrived in perfect condition to me.

seller communication was great. commented that the YX was the best quality of all the similar KOs seller had available, and seller was also very helpful in inquiring with suppliers to get me the one loose WJ figure and added it to my order for $5 more.

seller also has the yellow G2 version available in the same listing:

Transformers Devastator 6 In 1 GT Engineering Truck Robot Action Figure 11" Toys | eBay

• Like Like x 2
  15. RedEG6

RedEG6 Well-Known Member

curious what you're going to do with Longhaul.

16. TIKnTIN

oh nothing new, just what @FredVIII, @NOCV and maybe a few others have done in swapping the crotch plate, as to me it's a much better match both size and colour (didn't like the silver grey and purple combo in that area) and gives better articulation for the legs. ;) 

wasn't sure how others did it, i thought i was told that i could just swap the two pieces, but the piece that mounts and is screwed into the crotch was larger on the WJ so didn't fit the YX version. so instead i took on the task of taking out the hinge pin and swapping just the crotch plates between the two pieces. was simple enough to get the pin out of the larger plastic one off the WJ, but i struggled for quite some time to get the one out of the smaller die-cast YX metal one. but i found out why it was SO difficult AFTER i finally managed to get the pin out. i had been punching/pushing/pulling the pin out the wrong way and i was dragging the knurled end through the enter section causing all the resistance. :mad: :oops: :rolleyes: 

the left is larger WJ piece with newly fitted YX die-cast plate, right is YX with WJ plastic piece. and 2nd photo is with parts put back on the respective figures, and don't mind "SULKY"s pose, i put some polish into the arm/elbow joints to hopefully stiffen them up so he can raise and hold his gun! so i left his arms hanging straight down to dry! ;) 

IMG_20200528_192413.jpg
    IMG_20200528_222534.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. RedEG6

RedEG6 Well-Known Member

ah yes that mod. it does look better with the that crotch flap and can be posed more dynamically.

18. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer to put the crotch plate on the back in individual robot mode.

incidentially since we are being judgemental I think the weakest two are Hook & Mixmaster.

I'd still like the largest size made in yellow too though.

19. TIKnTIN

huh, what do you mean by the crotch plate on the back?

LoL… so that leaves scrapper, which is the only one i actually am okay with as an individual bot from the set! :D 

20. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The post about has Longhaul sporting the Devastator crotch on the front - I prefer making him to the splits and rotating it underneath so he's got it as a butt plate.

• Like Like x 1