KO OS CW Superion

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by deathsheadII, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Well-Known Member

They both os jb figures. Other 2 are weijiang. The defensor is small, im all over the place trying to get some 1 too do an OS c+customs kit for him to even it all up, hearing nothing tho except stuff from 3 months ago.

So superion is 18 inches? That's OS warbo sized at his head i think.

• Like Like x 1
  2. w00t

w00t Well-Known Member

Check back a few pages, there's a pic or two of this Superion with JinBao Bruticus and Combiner Wars Devastator, they seem to scale pretty well together.

3. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

He should scale with OS Feral Rex, OS Warbotron/Bruticus, and CW Devastator from what we've seen and heard.

I think Yes Model is coming out with OS Guardia if you want a Defensor that scales with these (at least I think it will). Then we just need an OS Menasor and Computron to also scale with them!

4. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Got mine today from TCP. God I love this thing. Amazing what some remolding can do. I slightly unscrewed Superion's shoulders and pushed in the yellow plates before I combined him. Seem to have fixed the issue with them getting stuck. Also flipped the ankles around. I want to pick up a second set to have the individual robot modes. Scales fantastic with CW Devy. Only QC issue I have is the "butt plate" for Skydive doesn't stay down in jet mode. Anyone elses like that?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mark Fuller

Yes model is too small i think. And it seems like 2 companies are doing menasor at 49cm which is slightly bigger. But acceptable. X transbots 49cm they say.

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Hey guys... I just got mine in the mail. Damn this thing is chunky!!

So... a question: Is this figure supposed to come with an instruction manual? Because mine didn't come with anything.

zmog

7. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Yes Model OS Defensor is just 38 cm, matches the original Warbotron only.

8. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Mine didn't have any got it from TCP. Also only Silverbolt was sealed. How's your Skydive, does the buttflap stay secure in jet mode?

9. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Didn't realize OS Guardia was that small. Thanks for helping me dodge that bullet guys!

10. SMOG

Got mine from Robotoy Base, shipped without packaging. It arrived in Canada SUPER-fast and it was securely packed. I have all the accessories (I think) but no instructions or paperwork at all.

And nope... my Skydive's flap pops up in jet mode, and his tailfin parts don't want to stay clipped together either. Feels like Skydive has some issues with the tolerances and alignment... not serious, but mildly annoying. Fireflight's flap pops up a bit, but you can get it to stay down.

I'm simultaneously really impressed with these, and sort of disappointed. The size and weight of the figures is impressive. The plastic feels really tough... except in those few places where it doesn't, and instead is terrifyingly thin, particularly on a few hinges or wing bits.

The handling of the big gun and the plugs to attach it are also annoying. I don't know why they wouldn't use a standardized plug size so it can be attached different ways with the available slots (or even in Silverbolt's hands... seems way too tight to even attempt).

Also, the hinges for Silverbolt's hands sort of get in the way of his ability to hold guns, which feels like an obvious spot they could have improved. Also, he's so heavy that he definitely could have used another "stop" on his ankle rotation. With only one "stop", there's always the possibility of falling either forward, or backaward. One more nub to act as a stopper for the rotation of the ankle would have given a nice in-between spot that kept him from toppling either direction.

zmog

11. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm not 100% sure where the yes model defensor will end up size wise. So far of the two figures already out (groove and axel), both are MP scaled (if not MP styled) and are pretty fun to mess with. At about $45 including shipping, I think the total combined bot will probably come in at around $260 shipped or something? Not bad for a big combiner that hasn't been simplified like the jb feral rex.

I also have the original mt guardia set and the individual bots are all pretty cool and have a great personality. Sure some are a bit fragile feeling but they have so far held up to 1 or 2 transformations and I don't have any reason to think they will implode otherwise...

12. Nuticon

Nuticon Well-Known Member

ughhhhhh this guys sucha beast! Nice pre-shoot pic Sixo. Bring on those snaps when you can.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SMOG

So, has anybody figured out a way to attach his gun to the side of his arm (rather than his hand)? Any pictures of this?

zmog

14. Joey_Santana

Joey_Santana Shockwave fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I attached the gun to my previous CW Superion by drilling a 5mm hole on the right arm, which is precisely located at the right leg of the Slingshot figure and this worked pretty fine (check the picture bellow). If there is no way to attach the gun to this big guy here, I will prolly repeat the same process to him.

I sold him to a friend in benefit of getting this bigger one and I can't wait to put my hands on him. (Hopefully tomorrow!!! )

21272651_10155679368913485_3910206986208144116_n.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. SMOG

Yeah, I was looking Sky Commander last night and wondering if I was going to have to drill something (and where). On my Hasbro version, I think I just pegged it into Firefly's fist and positioned his arm so it looked okay on the shoulder... but I like the forearm placement you've got here.

Unfortunately, I'm really a bit baffled by the sizing of the pegs on the cannon. In the Combined configuration, Superion holds it surprisingly well in his hand, but in "small handle" mode, it really feels like it's going to break Silverbolt's hands if I force it, and it doesn't peg into the sockets that are already on his forearms. I may have to rig up an alternative peg system.

On Sky Commander the double-barreled handguns just don't look as good pegged to Superion's thighs, sadly.

Where did those red feet come from, btw? I wouldn't have thought to give Superion red feet, but they look pretty good. Not too tall, not too flat. Looks like you gave them a built-in tilt, which is smart. :thumb 

zmog

• Like Like x 1
  16. Joey_Santana

Joey_Santana Shockwave fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks, that was my intention when I built these feet!

About the cannon, maybe making an alternative peg system would be better as you suggested.

Honestly, again about the red feet, years ago I bought a huge box of plastic junk from the most various sources and I did find those red rectangular bricks inside. I just adapted some pegs on it and boom! New feet for Superion. I almost painted 'em white but they looked good enough red so I left as they are. I wish I'd know where those came from so I could have a few more as I refuse to pay the price for the Perfect Effect ones which are way to expensive.

I recently worked on my CW Menasor too and adapted G1 Omega Supreme's feet on him but I'm still working on it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Ben just posted his review.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Wartronoid

Wartronoid Well-Known Member

After watching the review, I don't regret ordering it!

19. w00t

w00t Well-Known Member

This thing looks pretty good, I'd love to see them do the rest of the Combiner Wars Combiners, hopefully they could fix a lot of the issues that those other torso bots had. Then once they finish Combiner Wars they could move on to the POTP Dinobots!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mark Fuller

140 aud this costs. Shipping is like 60, if the shipping was cheaper id be all over it asap. I just don't know if this is worth 200 when i feel like jinbao offerings are alot better looking for cheaper. I know they haven't done a superion yet, but They might....