KO of the year 2020: Write-In Nominations Stage

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cardboard Bots, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Cardboard Bots

Cardboard Bots TFW2005 Supporter

What a year 2020 was! Was it any good for knock offs? I didn't see anyone else post a thread like this, so here it is.

We'll restrict entries to stuff that was out in consumers hands during 2020, not announced toys, or toys that have only been out for advance reviews by critics. I'm trusting you all to remember what came out this year because I have no idea.

Leave up to three (3) nominations. This is NOT a weighted list. I'll ask that this thread be closed after January 21 so that the nominations can be locked in. You can edit, and change your mind until then. In late January I'll put put out a poll based on the most mentioned nominees.

Copy and paste the following and write in your answers.

Best KO Toy of 2020
    1)
    2)
    3)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  2. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1)BMB MPM10 starscream, cheaper and better than the original MPM10 starscream
    2) KBB KO OS of Seige Ultra Magnus: it's cheaper and bigger, fixed some issue of original one.
    3) BMB 1:1 KO of SS Devastator (maybe the BMB MT Devastator is better, but I didn't buy it so don't know, this set is really cheap for the 1st few members)
    4) TH01 KO of DX9 La Hire, which is also cheap and maybe 80% of original one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Best KO Toy of 2020
    1) JINBAO OS Newage Seekers (wings improved)
    2) Aoyi/BMB OS Studio Series 38 (aka H6003-8. Upper body of their LS-13 release, lower body of the original SS38)
    3) Any of the MFT headmasters (except Mindwipe because he is not a KO) that came out in 2020. All have been top notch with improvements from the original UT release.

4. Cardboard Bots

Are any of the MFT headmasters really KOs at this point? They look significantly different to me than the originals.

5. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They've all received more molding detail and additional articulation along with new transformation engineering in some places, but I still don't think you can say they aren't KOs. Clearly they started with the original engineering template and beefed it up.

6. Cardboard Bots

Are people interested in KOs anymore? Doesn't seem like folks have many favourites from 2020.

7. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That KO upsize of siege magnus is great.

honestly I’m having a difficult time figuring out what KOs came out in 2020 vs the KOs I bought the n 2020. What year was the yellow undersized CW devastator? 2019?

• Like Like x 1
  8. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh trust me, they are. There just hasn’t been as large a variety of high quality KO’s in 2020 as other years.

Im personally going to nominate APC toys Megatron. They are doing an amazing job bringing TFP stuff back to people with better paint and changes.

• Like Like x 3